Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Healing for PVE

Chorusgirl
02.29.2012 , 11:57 AM | #191
Oh nm I see what I did there. I just copied over the list of modifications but didn't delete the augment from the helm. I fixed the OP now.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

Brakner
02.29.2012 , 06:57 PM | #192
Hi,

I cannot seem to find the Enhancer listed below, all I can see at the vendor is the System. Can you not just buy 2 x System's?

Implant 1:[Columi Combat Medic's Enhancer] + [Reflex Augment 22]
Implant 2:[Columi Combat Medic's System] + [Reflex Augment 22]
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Chorusgirl
02.29.2012 , 07:42 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Brakner View Post
Hi,

I cannot seem to find the Enhancer listed below, all I can see at the vendor is the System. Can you not just buy 2 x System's?

Implant 1:[Columi Combat Medic's Enhancer] + [Reflex Augment 22]
Implant 2:[Columi Combat Medic's System] + [Reflex Augment 22]
I wasn't sure which implant was the crafted one, it was one or the other. The one that is not on the vendor the the item that you need to get. It is the crafted version, the crafter needs to get a augment. So you could see some that do have an augment and some that don't (on the GTN).
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

abreen
03.01.2012 , 05:33 PM | #194
If I'm soloing will I still be able to put out good damage while being in heal spec?

Chorusgirl
03.01.2012 , 06:07 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by abreen View Post
If I'm soloing will I still be able to put out good damage while being in heal spec?
You can, with good damage companion. I usually use Torian while I'm doing quests. You can do pretty good burst with Supercharged Gas + Power Shot spam. That and Unload is what I use when I'm questing.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

southfrance
03.19.2012 , 08:33 AM | #196
Sorry for the potential noobish question but I just hit 50 like a week ago. For the BiS list, the ear and implants are listed as having an augment slot but on the Ilum vendor, it doesnt show. Is there 2 versions? Like 1 with no augment from commendations and 1 from raids with? Thanks

TempestasSilva
03.19.2012 , 11:13 AM | #197
They are crafted, not bought from a vendor.
Devs: Please make healing more interesting and fun by increasing options and meaningful decisions. Let a good healer be judged by the decisions they make, not who pressed the buttons in a certain order. Or which class has the most output.

southfrance
03.19.2012 , 12:14 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by TempestasSilva View Post
They are crafted, not bought from a vendor.

Ok... I guess I am confused then b/c if u click the link it takes u to torhead and torhead says they are gotten from NM modes or 120 comms

Chorusgirl
03.19.2012 , 01:32 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by southfrance View Post
Ok... I guess I am confused then b/c if u click the link it takes u to torhead and torhead says they are gotten from NM modes or 120 comms
Oops I forgot to update the link when I changed the item name.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

Chorusgirl
03.19.2012 , 01:34 PM | #200
This is what I posted on the PTS forums

Diary Entry March 19, 2012

Thank you BW for fixing our Rakata gear for better itemization. The legs, chest, and boots now have built in Power/Surge. This is closer to the proper stats that we want to have as a healing Bounty Hunter.

I thought the changes initially were completely awful when I first jumped into the new flashpoint. While learning the new fights in 'Lost Island' I was cursing bioware up and down wanting my old heat costs back. We survived all of the new flashpoint and then I was on a mission to figure out my new basic rotations without reaching heat cap most of the fight.

The next night I worked on my napkin math and basic rotation on the fleet. While doing this I came to the realization that I wanted 0 alacrity on my gear. I had a very minimal amount coming from live (120 alacrity), I still kept the alacrity talents (4% + 5% on crits) since damage reduction was not really need in any of the fights up to this point. I bought a couple pairs of operative columi gloves with the left over tokens that I had on my freshly copied toon. I swapped the power/surge enhancements in and got rid of the alacrity ones. Many practiced rotations and excel napkin math spreadsheets later it occurred to me: Bioware wants BH healers to use rapid shot more in their rotation!

I came up with some basic rotations that I've been reprogramming my fingers to do so I'm not constantly heat capped. Below I spelled out how I heal on the current live patch and then how I'm healing on the PTS 1.2 build.

Managing a Supercharge Gas Rotation

Single Target

How Supercharged Gas used to work: you could get pop it about 25 heat and start spamming

HS > RS > HS > RS > HS > RS > HS > RS

How Supercharged Gas works now: The ideal time to pop Supercharged Gas is at <10 heat and you can spam

HS > RS > Emergency Scan > HS > RS > Rapid Shot > HS > RS

and that will put you directly at ~40 heat at the end of the SCG buff with the 2 pc rakata bonus.

Multiple Targets

How Supercharged Gas used to work: you could get pop it about 25 heat and start spamming

Kolto Missiles > HS > RS > HS > Kolto Missiles > RS > HS

How Supercharged Gas works now: The rotation will look more like

Kolto Missiles > HS > RS > HS > Free ability > Free Ability > Kolto Missiles > RS > HS > Free ability

It's all a matter of rewiring your brain and fingers to click certain buttons in a certain order. It's not that bad. I'm going to post some more numbers once we check out the new Operations. But for changing your gear, I would suggest for this build of PTS 1.2 to drop all your alacrity

I recently healed the new world boss encounter on Voss - Nightmare Pilgrim. I have a video of the fight here. I was getting 6 frames per second due to my computer. I'm running a Q6700 cpu, GTX 280 graphic card, 6 GB of ram, and have high speed cable internet through Comcast. For this fight our healing set up was 2 BH, 1 Op, and 1 Sorc. You can see how I am managing my heat (somewhat sucessfully) in this video.

http://youtu.be/JuH-RmlONKA

What I'm really interested in seeing is my overall healing compared to the other healers in my guild. So once there is some better tools that can compare the logs of all of the healers in the guild I'll be able to provide a more visual comparison of the different healing classes with the current build on the 1.2 PTS.

So with this I'd like to open the floor for discussion, I'll be updating this thread with my discoveries as I tinker with my gear and rotation and the application of the new way of healing once we hit the new operations, we might end up doing a couple Operation fights on PTS if they don't open the new Explosive Conflict one soon, just to test out the new combat log and compare some more numbers.

Note: This is from my post on the PTS forum post. I'm currently copied and actively testing the BH changes. So subscribe to this thread if you want to follow the new changes and my thoughts on it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=368624
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five