Can't use JA-3 Speeder on my lower level characters

Sorei

I've just received the JA-3 Speeder and it says it requires level 10 and works for all speeder piloting ranks.

However, my characters that only have speeder piloting rank 1 and 2 can't use it because they lack the skill. My level 55 characters with Speeder Piloting Rank 3 can use it.

Am I missing something?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JA-3 Speeder deed from the "Join the Battle" reward can't be learned on my low-level characters. When right-clicking on it, I get the error message "You lack the skill to use that item", even though all the conditions in the description of the deed (level 10, Speeder Piloting Rank 1) are met. My character is level 13 and has purchased Speeder Piloting 1 form the Legacy Window.

EricMusco

Today , 06:00 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Report Post Quote

We have isolated the issue. Currently the mount requires Speeder Piloting 3 to use, which was not intended. You should be able to use the mount with only Speeder Piloting 1.

We will work to have a fix for this in our next Update! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience until the bug is fixed.

-eric

I'm sorry, and seriously this is the firs time I've complained about this game despite its many issues,

BUT THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER. "We'll try" to resolve it in the next update?

The ONLY purpose of this update I just had to wait ~25 minutes for WAS the speeder and droid.

How could you possibly FRACK this up so bad?

As a person who works in software development, I would fire you if you were on my team.

I'm actually considering just cancelling my subscription - not because of this specific issue, but because if you can't get this right (when this was meant to entice people to stay in the first place)... what happens when you have the next major update? Will my PC start on fire?

Edited by GhostMcFunky

I'm actually considering just cancelling my subscription - not because of this specific issue, but because if you can't get this right (when this was meant to entice people to stay in the first place)... what happens when you have the next major update? Will my PC start on fire?
If you're this worked up over some random free reward item that will almost certainly be fixed in one of the next two patches, it's probably for the best that you step away from the game for a little while anyway.

I'm sorry, and seriously this is the firs time I've complained about this game despite its many issues,

BUT THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER. "We'll try" to resolve it in the next update?

The ONLY purpose of this update I just had to wait ~25 minutes for WAS the speeder and droid.

As a person who works in software development, I would fire you if you were on my team.

This is a minor glitch and you're losing your mind over it? Look, games need updates, and updates unfortunately break certain things sometimes, I mean how much sense would it be to shut all the servers down just to distribute a hot-fix so you can have your complimentary speeder function on a low level character right after a decent sized update?

If you're going to quit a game over minor issues like this, then maybe MMOs just aren't for you. I mean you got fired up because a mod didn't use the correct terminology to satisfy your asinine needs... wth?

Edited by Silidious

My level 54 character with speeder piloting 1 cannot use it. I'm not rich enough to speed hundreds of thousands of credits to get speeder piloting 3, just so I can use this piece of useless bling. Wonder why they gave it to us? Perhaps to show how unworthy we are of their largesse?

The patch wasn't just for this. I don't think there was any need to patch to implement this at all. Check out the patch notes for what was patched.