Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 6.0.2 crafting changes are not good enough.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Patch 6.0.2 crafting changes are not good enough.

Void_Singer
12.17.2019 , 04:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
You are the one who doesn't understand. This game has no macro detection whatsoever. Do you know what crafter does? Writes a simple click macro, for multiple toons, logging in and out, making millions overnight via mats, craftable gear, cq rewards etc. Many economies breaking bugs + this macro issue, left this game economy in desperate need of credit sink. [...]
If this were true GTN prices would be barely above cost of materials... and completely flooded. the fact that they aren't demostrates that this is nothing but a boogeyman arguments that has nothing to do with anything.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

steveerkcanjerk
12.17.2019 , 04:36 PM | #22
Lets not forget how they nicely added a cartel market item to get companions to level 50 after making crafting super tedious. In my opinion that is pay to win was well. My sub feels very pointless as this game always finds a way for me to shell out more money to it like that. I am so ready to give up on this studio man. 90% of my friends now don't even play to stay relevant and geared they just buy credits or cartel market items to sell. Because why would you craft armorings when you can just sell a master datacron for 50mil. Or get 200 mil for the cost of 2 months of sub. This studio really doesn't care about us as a community. They pretend to tout transparency but don't even have CM comment on anything that has heavy criticism. But i will admit its hard for me to let go of a game I am emotionally invested in. I have made my life long friends on here that i know in person. I met GF on this game as well. But all that emotion and love for the game since launch as a sub means nothing to these people working here. They just look for the next way to make their next buck and thats it. Nothing more nothing less. We are a dollar sign to the people not just in the office up top but the ones on the ground who pretend to be like us. This crafting update was my hope to make armorings with amp i actually need as I have had rng **** me royally over and over and over and over again. And now you have just beat me down, again. I have been a loyal supporter and fan for this game even basically running my own ad campaigns for it on any community i could only to be shoveled this.

Bioware and all of you working on this game. You are cold, heartless people. You are in business because of us. When everyone bailed in 2012 alot of stayed with you because we believed you can give us a fun experience we believed in your game. And as all my friends have now started to play other games and move on from tor, I feel like I am left holding a bag. I am done promoting this game in friend circles, I am done pretending like everything is alright with this game, I am done pretending like competent people are behind the development cycle. And since they are cold and heartless corporate hacks who run this, they won't even read this.

For those on this forum, I am sorry for the rant. But you guys all deserve better then this. I love this community and the people in it. And I love star wars. I am just so frustrated with this studio and their changes. I am not sure where my sub will land in the coming month but you guys are the ones who made this ride worthwhile. And for that I thank you. But I clearly have alot of emotional investment here as many do in mmo's they spent nearly a decade playing.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

laiboch
12.19.2019 , 02:29 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
You are the one who doesn't understand. This game has no macro detection whatsoever. Do you know what crafter does? Writes a simple click macro, for multiple toons, logging in and out, making millions overnight via mats, craftable gear, cq rewards etc. Many economies breaking bugs + this macro issue, left this game economy in desperate need of credit sink. Now a cost for any item in the game is being calculated by macro time, not by playtime.

Is it hurting the poor? Yes. Is if unfair whom not cheating? Yes. Is it the reality that we live in? That is also yes. Is some crafting skills useless and needs a rework? Yes

Honestly, no one should be able to create and mods, armor. Do you want gear? Do the content. But you guys insisted that crafter (a.k.a people who macro / bots/cheat) to able to craft the BiS gear in the game. (you can't btw except armoring). So this is the price, and removing cq mats to craft blue gear was the right choice. Now it's balanced and fine. You want to craft BiS and make millions? You need to grind, I mean sorry macro longer.
Nice little bit of useless information, but it does not change the fact that you sound sophomoric. The vast majority of crafters do not use macro's (what you really mean is bots, but not knowing what you are talking about is par for the course at this point) for many reasons, but you only want to focus on your one irrelevant point instead of understanding the bigger issue, but lets use your little example to establish just how poorly formed your position really is.

The most viable use for a bot in SWTOR is running crew skill missions. You can set them up to do more I'm sure, but there is no point because of how things are setup for crafting. Now you complain about macro players, so who do you think will profit most from the amount of mats required to make a single item? Selling mats is one of the most profitable uses of a bot so the changes only encourge them. So your argument should be that the changes in crafting will only make the use of bots more prevalent as the amount of mats required to make something have gone through the roof.

The fact that you don't understand this only further proves my point about how poorly informed you are on this topic.