Imperial/Galactic Senate Question

FragAssassin

So in Old Republic Lore, would the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire be one thing? or were they separate?

To like explain what I'm asking i'll go in depth.

Would the Galactic Republic Senators and Imperial Senators be in the same room and they all have one Supreme Chancellor

OR

Would the Republic have their own Senate dedicated to only Republic Senators and vise versa.

I'm a little confused. The Sith Empire of this game doesn't have a senate. The Galactic Empire of Palpatine's day did have an Imperial Senate at first, but only because it was a holdover from when they used to be the Galactic Republic.

So what type of senate was in the SWTOR? Was it the Galactic Senate?

Political structures in a nut shell:

Republic:

Led by the Supreme Chancellor, who has significant executive authority though can be curtailed to some extent by the Republic Senate. The Senate is composed of representatives of each member world of the Galactic Republic.

Empire:

Led by an Emperor/Empress who possesses absolute authority, full stop (notable exception when Vitiate abandoned the Empire and before Acina claimed the title).

The day to day affairs are handled by the Dark Council, consisting of 12 (under Vitiate) or 5 (I think, under Acina) members who oversee Spheres of the empire (ex. Military Offense, Ancient Knowledge etc.)

There is absolutely no mixing between the 2.

• 3 weeks later...

The Republic is the one that has the Senate .

The Empire is led by the emperor/empress who has absolute authority of everything with the dark council who answers to their emperor or empress. There is no mixing between the two, the Republic and the Empire are 2 seperate nations with each having their own capital worlds.

Edited by Zeerastul
forgot to add something