Alderaan!

DevinSundeep

Alderaan is overrated for ALL-THE-WRONG reasons. Sure some scenery is nice,but then what happens is that you got oversized trees or right size..depends on your view...and then you deco trees and **** just seem to small. Plus with ****** hook placement and grass area and outdoors pretty much trash hooks.

First give Manaan 5 extra rooms it needs, then work on other sh's. Also give us options,where we want hooks to be. Rishi is cool, but same old story..trash hook placements. Only that room,where devs " spend 1 week" creating it,is kinda cool hook placement. Best hook placements are in Courscant and DK sh. But once you have those outside hook sh's is just sad.

I am always up for new sh's, but after Rishi's outside placement I want them to first focus on hooks themselves, before putting out any new sh. Next new sh with open space is just gonna be garbage as previous ones and let's say next one is Alderaan. What will happen is, that people will just ***** how bad hook placement is. Do you really want that? And then someone will post, how they want now Hoth or Tython or Voss or any other sh and how they wanted that for years. And then that one comes and once again it has **** hook placement.

So let's first get proper hook placements and then new sh's. And only proper way is that you give US the choice of,where we want hooks to be.

Except that it would eliminate a step. (Step 1: place hook, Step 2: place deco on hook // versus // Step 1: place deco.)

But their whole thing is small deco,medium narrow deco,medium deco,large deco,centerpiece deco and starship deco....Think of how that would affect their Cartel Market. If there were no hooks, why would they still keep small,medium,etc. labels.

They just need to set fix number of hooks and max number of decos you can have. It's not hard thing to do. Whatever they use to place hooks, we can have that and every past and future sh will be much better because of it. Keep it as it is and it'll always be trash. People can't even place those zakuul weapons next to wall and they'll always want that.

And pretty much everyone will expect to get some sort of palace on Alderaan. I can already see, how terrible hook placements is gonna be there or any other sh.

Edited by Collec

But their whole thing is small deco,medium narrow deco,medium deco,large deco,centerpiece deco and starship deco....Think of how that would affect their Cartel Market. If there were no hooks, why would they still keep small,medium,etc. labels.

It wouldn't affect the CM at all. You'd still need to acquire the decorations in the same ways as today.

But yes, all those small/medium/large/etc. labels would disappear. Good riddance.

It wouldn't affect the CM at all. You'd still need to acquire the decorations in the same ways as today.

But yes, all those small/medium/large/etc. labels would disappear. Good riddance.

It would affect, because they gotta code all that. And what would happen,is probably that some decos would just vanish or something. You only have problem with these labels,because hook placement is trash. They have pretty good system in place, just need to give us option/tools to move hooks around as we want.

And they already have that. I don't know how they place hooks, but they have those tools. All they need to do is give them to us and every sh becomes better, more personal and more valuable to get (also decos ). Plus it frees them from placing hooks for every new sh and can work on something else. It's a win- win situation. And we could have that in game in a month, fi they wanted to give us.

Edited by Collec

And they already have that. I don't know how they place hooks, but they have those tools. All they need to do is give them to us

"I don't know how they place hooks, but I do know they can easily give us whatever it is." Is that about what you just said?

To be sure they have tools for placing static hooks into a template that every player's stronghold uses.

Those tools are set up for stronghold layout artists to use, and are undoubtedly entirely unsuited to the game-playing public. I've seen some vaguely related game-layout tools, and no, they are not for the faint of heart. "Productizing" them (i.e. making them part of the game's "product" code, with all the floo-flah that entails) is likely to be a non-trivial chunk of work, and (combined with the displaceable hook system itself) would be rather more than a month's work once you throw in an acre or seventeen of testing.(1)

The other point is that currently, they have *one* copy of that hook-layout data, not one per stronghold, so it would be a chunk of work to load and store the hook positions from the right data set (followed by the current step of loading the decoration placement data per hook). And of course those hook positions would depend on the stronghold owner rather than the stronghold viewer - if I visit your stronghold, I should see the hooks where you put them, not where I put them. There's a certain amount of that information already, in the sense that it must be able to load "layout" selection data for large hooks (is that a large or two mediums or four smalls?), but there would be even more.

No. Keep it simple. Let people put decorations where they want with no hooks.

(1) I'd like to mention at this point that while I don't work on video games, being a professional developer has paid my rent for thirty years.

"I don't know how they place hooks, but I do know they can easily give us whatever it is." Is that about what you just said?

(1) I'd like to mention at this point that while I don't work on video games, being a professional developer has paid my rent for thirty years.

Yes I said,that I don't know, how and what tools they actually use to place hooks,but what they have,we can have.

Lol at stronghold layout artists and lol at 30 years professional developer. who doesn't work on games,but makes a living of it.

And all I am gonna say it's an MMO. "Stronghold layout artists" "vision" of hook placement is a joke. Sh's with outside areas have trash hooks placements...Umbara train one...as you move toward front of train,there's less and less hooks.

Yes if you go into my sh, you'll see my decos, not yours. Same as you do now. Keep up good work,I see you made right career choice.

• 1 month later...
Alderaan is overrated for ALL-THE-WRONG reasons. Sure some scenery is nice,but then what happens is that you got oversized trees or right size..depends on your view...and then you deco trees and **** just seem to small. Plus with ****** hook placement and grass area and outdoors pretty much trash hooks.

First give Manaan 5 extra rooms it needs, then work on other sh's. Also give us options,where we want hooks to be. Rishi is cool, but same old story..trash hook placements. Only that room,where devs " spend 1 week" creating it,is kinda cool hook placement. Best hook placements are in Courscant and DK sh. But once you have those outside hook sh's is just sad.

THIS! This here. We deserve this.

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/manaan-prospective-stronghold-ii-battle-meditation/

Edited by DanielAstrol