Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do the devs even play pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Do the devs even play pvp?

Lundorff
10.20.2019 , 11:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
The Force Speed nerf was a PvE nerf primarily. And even though it was nerfed for DPS as well, it's not that big of a nerf. And sin tanks in PvP will still be able to perform their roles well enough to be competitive.
How do think decep-sins will fare in 6.0?

merovejec
10.20.2019 , 02:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
How do think decep-sins will fare in 6.0?
As far as it looks they will do very badly....
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Equeliber
10.20.2019 , 02:55 PM | #23
These articles are written by writers without ANY feedback from Combat Team. That was said by the Combat Team themselves.

They are clearly just meant to showcase the "cool" things you can do with new items. They are in no way relevant to what actually happens in the meta/game as a whole.

Giliodor
10.21.2019 , 09:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
As far as it looks they will do very badly....
What are you talking about. Solo Ranked on the PTS was swarming with Deception sins, and they were topping DPS in many games, with unbelievably high burst and double vanish. In regular WZs, the story was very similar. How did you ever get this idea? They were literally one of the strongest specs. So much so, I expect one of their set bonuses to be nerfed before 6.0 hits live, which will make them less broken, but still incredibly strong.
Jedi Sentinel - Giliodor
Sith Marauder - Vecordius

DavidAtkinson
10.21.2019 , 10:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
What are you talking about. Solo Ranked on the PTS was swarming with Deception sins, and they were topping DPS in many games, with unbelievably high burst and double vanish. In regular WZs, the story was very similar. How did you ever get this idea? They were literally one of the strongest specs. So much so, I expect one of their set bonuses to be nerfed before 6.0 hits live, which will make them less broken, but still incredibly strong.
My feeling is that they will be much better than marauders...
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

Lhancelot
10.21.2019 , 11:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
These articles are written by writers without ANY feedback from Combat Team. That was said by the Combat Team themselves.

They are clearly just meant to showcase the "cool" things you can do with new items. They are in no way relevant to what actually happens in the meta/game as a whole.
I understand some are being triggered but I think this is a reasonable explanation. ^

I mean it's like a game that has a picture on the outside that doesn't really represent the game 100%, say for instance a trooper is on the outside of the box holding a pistol or something, that happens all the time.

The difference here is the medium of art used... The box has an illustration while these scenarios are written... Still, it's the same thing, it's just a loose representation of class abilities in a fun-written manner.

They are just trying to showcase the ability in a way that makes people interested in it, and let's be honest 99% of the player's don't care if this written scenario isn't 100% sensible or accurate with how the abilities ought to be used. That's left up to the players in the game.

Don't be over-analytical, people.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Rion_Starkiller
10.21.2019 , 11:26 AM | #27
Isn't Dan new? I think he deserves a free pass on this. Besides, he's the intern that brings Musco his coffee.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

UltraFlashStar
10.21.2019 , 11:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
This. Sins are going to fine. Snipers were fine before and now they’re OP.
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

Raansu
10.21.2019 , 12:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
Also, being good at PvP is not a prerequisite to designing PvP.
Ya I call bull on that one. Tekken right now is regarded as the best 3D fighter atm and they go out of their way to have the top players help test and provide input into the game. Being compitant at the game you are working on should definitely be a prerequisite to designing any type of pvp game. If you don't know what you're doing then how should players expect to trust them to make the right decisions. Given how trash this games balancing is, it's safe to say that trust is zero because of that video which is proof that they should be seeking out the best players to help balance the game.

Lhancelot
10.21.2019 , 02:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Being compitant at the game you are working on should definitely be a prerequisite to designing any type of pvp game.
But I see guys on Forged in Fire making all kinds of knives and blades yet the majority of them aren't weapons masters... I think it's possible to create something expertly without being an expert at using it.

This isn't to say there aren't advantages to being a dev with complete PVP knowledge of the game being designed but it's not really accurate to portray devs incompetent just because they are not master PVPers on the game they are designing.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.