2.0 and pve gearing

so on 2.0 for those on pts or may know...

I understand our normal gear right now is removed and we get new sets.

right now on level 50 you get full tionease set and can get rakata implants\earpiece from dailies + dread guard relic from dailies as well.

considering legacy bound gear I can transfer to my fresh alt gear from my other characters as well and Black hole mods.

so on 2.0 what's going on with the rakata and dread guard from daily token merchant?

which set u get on level 50 or do you get new set on level 55?

should I level to 50 or stop at 49.9 and level to 55 my alt when 2.0 comes out?

what is the consensus on pve gearing for 2.0 ?

1. All your gear except maybe Dread Guard will be obsolete at lvl55

2. There are no free sets at lvl55, only the greens/blues you get from Makeb questing

3. You'll have to grind all PvE gear anew after getting 55

4. Does not matter if you ding 50 now or not (don't see why you should not)

instead of new content? We get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...:
What do you mean instead of new content, we get an entire planet worth of content and a new operation. I would defind that a new content. Edited by mikebevo

Many of us are psyched that the playing field will be even again. I consider this a blessing due to the fact EVERYONE will be active in the new flashpoints and operation. Nothing wrong with being 61/63 when the patch starts, being it will make your life much easier to earn the 5 new levels, I just feel bad for those who are still spending millions on BiS gear at the last minute. Think of it this way, what fun would it be for everyone in the game to all level to 55 together and already have BiS? It's a progressive and evolving game, this will happen again and again

well that's sucks.

instead of new content we get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...

the sheer pain of re-gearing my toons.. going to stick to one toon from now.... :mad:

The only thing you'd need to re-gear for is the new operation and the updated TfB. Even the level 55 HM FPs are doable in optimized DG.

This is similar to what happens every time a new tier of gear is released. It happened with Campaign gear, it happened with Dread Guard gear. It's just more dramatic this time with the Tionese/Columi/Rakata being retired.

I found this a bit frustrating as well. I have a fully min/max 63's sorc healer that I took over to the PTS and became disappointed.

I've spent x number of hours, ..grinding to get the best gear in slot. I had all my % perfect..my crit was at 36% my Surge was at 76%, and my alaricty at 9%...spent many hours parsing to make sure I am producing the best numbers for my raid team.

When I took my sorc over to the PTS my crit buffed was 18%, my surge was at 64% and my alarity was something like 3%..if that..

So basically the first boss you fight, the first green that is dropped on the new planet..will be better than the best in slots you have now.

Let the grinding start all over again..oh btw..for those subs that spent hundres of hours gear grinding..this is a big slap in the face as you need to spend $10 to start the process all over again.

Edited by Phill

So basically the first boss you fight, the first green that is dropped on the new planet..will be better than the best in slots you have now.

Oh, so you've been in the Closed PTS and played on Makeb and saw this happen? No?

The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little. Here, read this.

1. Makeb drops Basic Commendations.

2. Basic Commendations purchase starter Level 55 gear, which is only slightly better than Dread Guard.

3. Basic Commendations have a weekly cap.

4. Level 55 HM FPs can be run in BiS Dread Guard (I've actually done this on the PTS).

Your current BiS is likely to last you most (if not all) of the way through to the end of Makeb. Arkanian is the next significant level of gear and it drops from the new end-game.

Now I am depressed. I followed your link to here. . I will soon be playing a endurance heavy sawbones tank by the looks of those stats. :p

Yeah, on the PTS I geared up Guss Tuno in stock Arkanian Scoundrel healer gear (with the free clicky-geary panel) and he had 30k health when I was done. !!!

To think that level 55 greens are going to be better than the likes of BH and campaign (I believe) :rak_03:

Uh huh.

Read Chris Schmidt's take on this.

well that's sucks.

instead of new content we get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...

the sheer pain of re-gearing my toons.. going to stick to one toon from now.... :mad:

Welcome to every gear based MMO when a new expansion is released, since 15 years ago and Everquest.

Actually it's not that bad.

DG = new Tionese

Arkanian = new Columi

Underworld = new Rakata

Actually:

66 Blues/148 rated= New Tionese (minimum for stepping into level 55 flashpoints)

DG/150 rated = A little better than the new tionese but obsolete, just something better to do L55 flashpoints with.

66 Purples/Basic gear/156 rated = New Columi (minimum for stepping into L55 SM ops)

Arkanian/Black market/162 rated= New Rakata (minimum for stepping into L55 HM ops)

Underworld/Verpine/168 rated= New Campaign (BiS and will probably be minimum for stepping into TFB NiM).

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Actually:

66 Blues/148 rated= New Tionese (minimum for stepping into level 55 flashpoints)

DG/150 rated = A little better than the new tionese but obsolete, just something better to do L55 flashpoints with.

66 Purples/Basic gear/156 rated = New Columi (minimum for stepping into L55 SM ops)

Arkanian/Black market/162 rated= New Rakata (minimum for stepping into L55 HM ops)

Underworld/Verpine/168 rated= New Campaign (BiS and will probably be minimum for stepping into TFB NiM).

Despite the [Artifact] gear being better than DG, I think I'm going to keep 2 of my DG armourings for the set bonus - at least until I've got some Arkanian - decreased CD on my Innervate is something I'm used to.

Actually:

correct

the 66 mods are level 53 and can be crafted. actually it is the level 53 crafted mods. meaning that by 55 you should be geared up with purple 66s and ready for 55 hms.

the question now is will players "kick" those "under geared" with level 50 gear from the new 55 hm and ops like they do now? some of the end bosses were challenging with the given 69 gear on the pts. i cant imagine a group of geared 63 with 5k-7k less hps trying to compete on some such bosses. perhaps karma will seek revenge on some of these previous gear kicking snobs.

To think that level 55 greens are going to be better than the likes of BH and campaign (I believe) :rak_03:

yeah thats a little fcking retarded

This claim that green 55s are going to be better than BH/Campaign is silly. Now, I can't definitively check this until 2.0 drops (Makeb was a closed beta), but let's take a look at facts:

Green -> Blue -> Purple ratings go up 10 points.

Green level 49 (106 rating)

Blue level 49 (116 rating)

Purple level 49 (126 rating)

Black Hole gear is 146 rating

Dread Guard gear is 150

Level 55 purple gear is 156

This would put green 55s at 136 rating, which is worse than Black Hole/Campaign.

So until 2.0 drops live, and you actually get a level 55 green drop, why do players like you and WaldoA gossip about "level 55 greens are better than BH" on the forums?

Edited by Khevar

Dread Guard gear is 150

This would put green 55s at 136 rating, which is worse than Black Hole/Campaign.

Sorry for silly question

But now fresh 50s get a Tionese set which is much better then any green and blue 49-50lvl items they got through lvl-ing

Will be Tionese enough to go right to Makeb? Or fresh 50s should start grinding for Classic comms to gear up to BH|Campaign and only then go to Makeb story?

What's the minimum gear lvl for starting Makeb? Will fresh 50s be able to go straight to 55 smoothly with their 49-50 blue items?

Edited by pan_sObak

This claim that green 55s are going to be better than BH/Campaign is silly. Now, I can't definitively check this until 2.0 drops (Makeb was a closed beta), but let's take a look at facts:

Dread Guard gear is 150

So until 2.0 drops live, and you actually get a level 55 green drop, why do players like you and WaldoA gossip about "level 55 greens are better than BH" on the forums?

I have checked, the level 53 greens (green 28 schematics were available from crafting trainers) are 138 rating so they are in between columi and rakata.

As for green unmoddable trash gear, I'm pretty sure the 55 stuff that I saw dropped from the dread seeded mobs were a similar rating to the green mods.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti