When will i get in!!!

Bradzzz

Hopefully soon because I pre-ordered in December as well... This is kind of a disappointment.. not very pleased with this "staggered" start. I bought the game just as they did.. I was told December 15th and here I sit not playing and not going to until a day before actual release. Other than that haha.. I can't wait to play the beta was amazing.. end game has to be 10 times amazing :)

Hopefully soon because I pre-ordered in December as well... This is kind of a disappointment.. not very pleased with this "staggered" start. I bought the game just as they did.. I was told December 15th and here I sit not playing and not going to until a day before actual release. Other than that haha.. I can't wait to play the beta was amazing.. end game has to be 10 times amazing :)

Were you told everyone would start playing on the 15th or as early as the 15th?

Lets disreguard the legalise shall we? I signed up at the last minute myself...like..3 days ago.

I did this, on the understanding i would be starting on the 15th, now, whether or not i get what i THINK i paid for, this is not a great way to inspire confidence in the new customer base...fed up with the monetary tactics of WOW.

So what..I should bring a damn lawyer along any time i pay for a new game?

I expect better.

Lets disreguard the legalise shall we? I signed up at the last minute myself...like..3 days ago.

I did this, on the understanding i would be starting on the 15th, now, whether or not i get what i THINK i paid for, this is not a great way to inspire confidence in the new customer base...fed up with the monetary tactics of WOW.

I expect better.

Dude it has been and still is clear as day. The staggered release has been in effect since the day they opened up pre-orders back in July. this isn't new news. I was finally able to preorder at the end of sept. I got in yesterday. If you didn't preorder until 3 days ago why do you think you should get in 5 days early? It has been plastered all over this website "the sooner you preorder and redeem your code the more early access you will receive." it is and has been in plain english since the beginning. I just don't understand some of these posts. seriously.

I expect better.

Obviously you misunderstood what you read. It said UP TO 5 days. They were very clear for last couple months what this ment.

I too paid for the pre-order last week. I actually paid an extra fee for pre-order with the impression I would be starting 5 days early. I'm not complaining because I am so looking forward to this game. On the other hand, I'm thinking $5 was wasted here. Had I known I wasn't going to get the full five days I would have waited for the game to come out and then purchased it. I do feel it is the responsibility of the consumer to research what they buy, but this one is a little iffy to me. I don't remember seeing anything about not getting the full five days.

In any event, I can wait. Its only $5 bucks. This did teach me a lesson. Any game I want to pre-order, I will either do so as soon as the option is available, or just wait for the game to come out. I can definately understand the technical reasons for this staggered approach to early entry, but I also paid for a 5 day head start. At least thats what I thought. :(

I too paid for the pre-order last week. I actually paid an extra fee for pre-order with the impression I would be starting 5 days early. I'm not complaining because I am so looking forward to this game. On the other hand, I'm thinking $5 was wasted here. Had I known I wasn't going to get the full five days I would have waited for the game to come out and then purchased it. I do feel it is the responsibility of the consumer to research what they buy, but this one is a little iffy to me. I don't remember seeing anything about not getting the full five days.

In any event, I can wait. Its only $5 bucks. This did teach me a lesson. Any game I want to pre-order, I will either do so as soon as the option is available, or just wait for the game to come out. I can definately understand the technical reasons for this staggered approach to early entry, but I also paid for a 5 day head start. At least thats what I thought. :(

you didn't pay five extra dollars. go look at your account. the five dollars was nothing more than a place holder. you get the five dollars back. you didn't pay five dollars for early access....you need to read everything mosre carefully.

Bad presumption to think everyone who bought it a little early...trawls the forums first.

I decided..what the hell..buy the game.

Every outlet the same..preorder, get 5 days early.

Yes, i understand the particular picking of words in their offer, but really, you dont expect a shafting from the word GO.

Bad presumption to assume that people would research a product before they buy it? so you mean you just decided to buy a game without checking out the website first or asking the employee at gamestop about it or reading about it on Origin...where you pre-order it digitally? Because it is all over origin too. it is all over the homepage. it isn't just on the forums. In fact...employees at game stores know about it too.

you didn't pay five extra dollars. go look at your account. the five dollars was nothing more than a place holder. you get the five dollars back. you didn't pay five dollars for early access....you need to read everything mosre carefully.

Interesting. This is copied directly from my invoice as a line item.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Fee (PC Download)

$5.00

I don't see anything about getting the $5 back. Why am I paying a fee for preordering the game after seeing a notice about a 5 day head start as part of the promotion? Perhaps you shouldn't assume everyone is an idiot. Some folks didn't pay extra for their preorder, but I did, with the idea I was getting 5 days head start. Apparently I didn't read some small print somewhere, but I'm not going to die over it. I paid for the collector's edition. I am obviously looking forward to playing. If I have to wait to the official launch day I'm not going to cry over it. Still, I think this whole thing was a bit misleading.

Edited by ColdSunHoth

No real point arguing is there...but im not buying a car, or morgaging a house, Its a game, but even so, I dont expect ******** this early in.

Yes, legally they have done nothing wrong.

Legally.

In England however, we would call this , leading you down the garden path.

Edited by Vaxalon

Stop arguing about this people. Noone gets screwed. We will all get in before the 20:th. It is not a malfunction going on. Just be patient. And for eveloper to open 2 days earlier then promised is just good news. not bad news. Dont be greedy. Yes I am dying while waiting myself, but you just got to take it easy and take deep breaths.

Interesting. This is copied directly from my invoice as a line item.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Fee (PC Download)

$5.00

I don't see anything about getting the $5 back. Why am I paying a fee for preordering the game after seeing a notice about a 5 day head start as part of the promotion? Perhaps you shouldn't assume everyone is an idiot. Some folks didn't pay extra for their preorder, but I did, with the idea I was getting 5 days head start. Apparently I didn't read some small print somewhere, but I'm not going to die over it. I paid for the collector's edition. I am obviously looking forward to playing. If I have to wait to the official launch day I'm not going to cry over it. Still, I think this whole thing was a bit misleading.

That is Origin's fee that you must pay, it has nothing to do with BioWare.

At least on Origin, the listed price for SWTOR is $59.99. Then when you preorder, you pay a $5 "pre-order fee" and $54.99 are in line to be charged when the game releases.

If you want to cancel your Origin order, EA will refund you the "down payment". In fact, the customer service rep I spoke to OFFERED that, without me asking (I was canceling so I could switch from physical to digital). I'd say that's not being robbed at all, especially since even the YouTube ads for SWTOR say "up to".

If GameStop or Best Buy or whatever charged you 5 on top of 60, then they robbed you, that's all there is to it.

PS Dec 9th, I'm in tomorrow.

That is Origin's fee that you must pay, it has nothing to do with BioWare.

Isn't that a little misleading too? Bioware is EA. Seriously though, I'm not as upset as some of these other people. More disappointed in myself for not reading it closer. You have to understand, I have not visited this community or looked into this like some other people have. Like I said, consumers are responsible. I have been burned by several MMOs in the last few years. Some of them I actually enjoyed, but apparently the public didn't and they were abandoned. I waited until I really felt people thought this game was going to be a hit, and even now I'm not sure. I took a chance, saw that preorder had a head start and assumed I would have 5 days from the messages I saw on screen. Had I bothered to look closer, I would have known better. So yes, I'm mostly to blame. Still, it could have been a little more clear, and I don't really think I should have to pay $5.00 for a preorder fee that really doesn't mean much at all. If you were in my shoes you might feel the same. :) May the force be with you...

At least on Origin, the listed price for SWTOR is $59.99. Then when you preorder, you pay a $5 "pre-order fee" and $54.99 are in line to be charged when the game releases.

If you want to cancel your Origin order, EA will refund you the "down payment". In fact, the customer service rep I spoke to OFFERED that, without me asking (I was canceling so I could switch from physical to digital). I'd say that's not being robbed at all, especially since even the YouTube ads for SWTOR say "up to".

If GameStop or Best Buy or whatever charged you 5 on top of 60, then they robbed you, that's all there is to it.

PS Dec 9th, I'm in tomorrow.

I ordered it the same day. Tomorrow would be cool. I actually started vacation today from work for two weeks, although I did this long before I purchased the game, so its just coincidence. Would have been cool if I actually started today though! :)

I've been chilling since Tuesday when I finished a final (w00t, now I've completed my Master's!), but tomorrow I've got a seminar and lab meeting to go to, so I can't just veg-out all day T.T

Bad timing, especially since I'll be traveling pretty much all weekend. Oh well, after that I'll get some play time in.