Scheduled Maintenance: May 30th, 2013 [UPDATED]

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

**UPDATED**

On May 30th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher, will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.1.1 will be implemented during this downtime.

Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday May 30th

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 8AM PDT (3PM UTC)

Patch Notes

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by AmberGreen
Maintenance Was Extended

Thank you Dev's( all of you) for steadily resolving the achievement issues. I'm not the softest when it comes to making remarks on the forums towards you guys, but a token of graditude is in order here;" Merci Beaucoup( Thank you) "

Taratahi

Edited by Taratahi

"Players are now granted the proper Achievements upon defeating the Ancient Pylons and the Infernal Council in all 16-Player Hard and Nightmare Modes of Eternity Vault."

Wait, so did you guys ignore the fact that 8-man didn't grant these achievements either?

Aside from this little detail, though, thank you for actually addressing a lot of the achievement bugs that people are reporting instead of leaving the system to rot like the codex has for so long. :)

Great... glad for updates and fixes and unicorns and more ways to get my money from the Cartel market, but now can one of the Dev's please wake me when you have Server transfers implemented???

kthx

And quite a lot other european ones.

I remember the Makeb start, when the english community complained and BW changed the Server downtime, I doubt they will do it for the european customers as well. We in Europe are just not important as the ones in their Country.

Thanks for posting, Amber. Any clarification on the proc relics? What I mean is that before PVP relics procced independently off of heals and damage, but PVE relics did not. Has that been fixed as well as the two tiers stacking?

I know there was also some concern that damage proc and power proc were locking each other out and am curious if that was investigated. Inquiring minds want to know before we turn in our Unassembled Underworld relics!

Players no longer receive mail from Vector that alludes to a companion which has not yet joined the Imperial Agent story.

lol, someone want to tell me what that's about? I don't recall ever getting letters from him, must be a romance thing.

So, let me get this straight...

The MCR-99 droid achievements were hidden for a reason. You didn't know they were there until you scanned one. It was something all interested parties would find eventually and it was actually given to you on the first planet - when you picked the missions up on Coruscant and Dromund Kass, 1 of the items you were told to find on that planet was one of the droids. The corresponding achievement now appeared in it's proper place.

The achievement was hidden as the droids were. Bioware got this right for once, and had been for a while, really. You weren't spoon-fed directions on how to find or hatch an Orokeet egg, just given tiny hints once you found a piece of the puzzle. Hell, think about what it took for someone to figure out the Taunlet catch or the Magenta Crystal quest. Those were secrets and the community was just supposed to figure it out.

I spent a lot of time on this one. I, as the damn guild leader, didn't do anything with the guild for days after 2.0 was released because I was searching for all those droids. I had found well over half of them before there was even a thread about them here on the site - started my search at the end of the 10th and never let up. Maybe that's why I feel a little strongly about this one.

The Magenta Crystal quest? You still can't find a single hint or objective prodding you to do something in-game. Taunlet? Orokeet? Same thing. But now we have an achievement road-map pointing to these droids on every planet.

And they didn't stop there. It got worse. I'm assuming here that the lazily-labeled "MCR-99" Achievement referred to in the patch notes is actually "The Droids You're Looking For", since there is no "MCR-99" achievement and that took me 8 seconds to look up. That achievement is rewarded for completing the Droid Reconnaissance achievements on each planet. The huge glaring problem with that? That achievement and the actual CURRENT requirement for getting the MCR-100 pet are worlds apart. Literally.

Problem #1: Completing 'The Droids You're Looking For' requires character of both factions who have obtained their starships. The actual MCR-100 requirements do not - you can get the pet without having ever logged over to the opposite faction. You are simply supposed to find all the droids a character of your faction can conceivably scout on the same character. People got the in-game mail with no pet without having a character on the opposite faction. Now, this other possible route to the droid requires that you do both. That's simply wrong. But even after all that, it doesn't actually make this route to the pet harder. The 2 points below illustrate that.

Problem #2: 'The Droid You're Looking For' is an achievement. Achievements are legacy-wide. You can complete half the planets on one, a third on another and the rest on a third. However, doing so under the current requirement for the pet would leave you with an achievement and nothing else. You will still have to go to one of those characters and find the rest of the droids ON THAT CHARACTER in order for that character to get the pet. That's a requirement that's being ignored entirely now, and I heavily disagree with them so drastically changing a secret quest like this. They didn't do it for any of the others, yet they've got to break one of the only good streaks they've had going this whole time.

Problem #3: The worst of them. Currently, all of the Droid Reconnaissance achievements (or at least every single one of them I ran into) are bugged. You can log into your first character, scan your first droid on Balmorra, log into another character, and scan that same droid again. You will then have 2/6 for Balmorra. I had Droid Reconnaissance achievements and the 'The Droids You're Looking For' achievement without actually having found all the droids. I had actually NEVER EVEN BEEN to the Parekta Mesa on Makeb. Not on any character. Yet, I had the achievement for the planet and the final achievement. You can scan the same droid on 6 different characters and get all the achievements. Does this fit, at all, into the very flavorful requirement of finding all droids on the same character to get the in-game mail and pet? Not one bit.

And that's another thing - since we're awarding it for an achievement now, do all characters get it instead of the one that did the mission? Even worse - now your little level 1 who's never even seen a set of macrobinoculars will have their own MCR-100 waiting for them in the mail when you first create the character.

Why make such a drastic change to something that was working so fine? There were, of course, still bugs - the mail didn't come with the pet and the pet, once awarded by customer service, didn't show. But the actual accomplishment requirements? Safely hidden and working right. Instead of fixing just those two bug above, they break the whole damn system.

Why, Bioware? Please give me a response to that. It's a small and simple one.

Turncoat outfit... Pfff. Doesn't sound like any Jedi robe. How long until we get some traditional Jedi outfitting which was "in plans"? Eric said so aaaaaages ago. *cries*

Do I need to throw more money?

The Huttsbane Armor Set is now discounted by 50%. Cost: 450 Cartel Coins

Lol. Probably because nobody requested and nobody bought it. Can we finally get appropriate Star Wars and Jedi outfits?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

lol, someone want to tell me what that's about? I don't recall ever getting letters from him, must be a romance thing.

I was surprised and pleased to see this--I reported it about a year ago, and while I doubt I was the only one, it was an obscure case that I can't imagine got a huge number of reports.

But yes, it comes after you marry Vector, and like most romances, he sends a couple pieces of mail after the fact, which includes a bit of conversation and a gift. In the mail, he mentions having a conversation with, I guess I'll be sensitive to spoilers and just say the final tanking companion the Agent gets.

The problem is that if you have affection maxed early enough, you can trigger all of his conversation quests right after you complete Chapter 2. So you can get mail from him where he talks about an on-ship conversation with that last companion even before you ever set foot on the first Chapter 3 planet of Belsavis.

"Players now receive a warning when extracting a modification that will bind the item to the player."

Does this mean that we can't rip the mods out of end game armor and mail them to fresh 50-55 alts?