Why dont more folks use Bowdaar?

LordBanjax

He's not bad. Just not as good as Guss Tuno. Guss Tuno's AI is written really good and he stuns/heals very well making him the ideal companion for PvE and PvP. Risha is also pretty popular to use simply because it makes us feel like a real dps class glass cannon... she speeds everything up a ton, but you also have to be very smart or very well geared to use her efficiently and it kinda gets tiresome managing CC, defensive cooldowns, making sure your assisting her on targets etc. after a while. Guss is easymode, you click him on and don't have a worry in the world, he's also our only companion that CC's. Edited by DimeStax

Cool, i didnt' realize he CC'd

It's worth noting tha this CC is also channelled, os he isn't going to heal you while he's CC'd. I used Risha until I geared out Akaavi, and I can tell you right now that Risha crits higher but Akaavi's DPS is pants on head retarded and she will probably get nerfed.

I use akaavi, I've used her to kill 2 players at a time in open world PvP as I ran around being chased by them and healing through their damage.

If you have her geared out she will train wreck just about anyone.

PS: Bowdaar sucks, just because he is a wookie does not mean he is any good.

Edited by Larce_Apollo

It's worth noting tha this CC is also channelled, os he isn't going to heal you while he's CC'd. I used Risha until I geared out Akaavi, and I can tell you right now that Risha crits higher but Akaavi's DPS is pants on head retarded and she will probably get nerfed.

Yeah, pretty much this. Akaavi gets really good as you gear her. I just put her on silver mobs and I clean up the rest.

I use Bowdaar, I got him almost all Customizable Orange gear and keep them upgraded as a Cybertech. Only times he dies is if I mess up <.< and don't kill the elite fast enough. Hate how some fights start and I'm right on top of the 'bad guy'. It's also a plus that he doesn't talk as much as Riggs. Although Riggs works well on my Scoundrel Smuggler, my main is a Gunslinger Smuggler and Bowdaar just works better for me on that toon. Also, you have to remember to get them Defense gear if they are tanking for you.

Used Bowdaar almost exclusively since getting him as a gunslinger. I'm now a 46 or 47 Sharpshooter and can burn down most elites before he dies (or right when/after) if I manage his defense boost and my other skills accordingly without breaking a sweat. I leveled up as a Sab and he was a better tank as clustered mobs better than Corso for AoE as well.

Been using Guss some lately because sent Bow on a big mission on accident and Gus can get job done but I can actually burn elites faster while Wookie keeps agro whole time. Haven't used FPs much at all as haven't needed them. Plus Wookie makes for some fun times in Story quest cut scenes (Port Nowhere later on made me crack up).

Haven't leveled my smuggler up enough to get Bowdarr, but I can't imagine using him, as I find the Wookie "language" to be the most annoying sound in the Star Wars universe (worse than JarJarBinks). They always sound like they are complaining, but too lazy to use words... Barfy (from Space Balls) was an upgrade to the original.

I tried Bowdaar for a bit when I first got him. Took him to the Fleet, kitted him out in the best gear I could buy for him, and he still went down faster than I did. At that point I decided he was my ship's cook and he's not leaving the galley unless I send him on missions.

Also, I agree with the person who hates the Wookiee language. He always sounds irked with me, no matter what the text says he's telling me.

Haven't leveled my smuggler up enough to get Bowdarr, but I can't imagine using him, as I find the Wookie "language" to be the most annoying sound in the Star Wars universe (worse than JarJarBinks). They always sound like they are complaining, but too lazy to use words... Barfy (from Space Balls) was an upgrade to the original.

Don't like Wookies? BARFY??? Go away clown

I have Bowdaar kitted out in oranges ( Which i farmed from lowbie instances and upgraded with mods. <3 Cybertech. ) with no implants and a rare earpiece.

All fully up to date, level 50 Smuggler, level 50 Bowdaar with max level mods, rare/epic mods at that. All set to face the world.

What's that Bowdaar?

You died again?

I do love Bowdaar, and i'd love to take him everywhere with me, unfortunately even if he's the best geared companion i have at the moment. ( Haven't upgraded Akaavi's mods though i'm working on it now. ) He simple isn't a good companion :/

It makes me sad :<

I am a scoundrel and frequently quest with a Jedi Shadow dps and Tharan, so I am really after a tank for my companion. I tried Bowdaar (because what could be more iconic than a smuggler with a Wookiee?) but found that I had to turn all of his aoe abilities off because he would be knocking mobs off of ledges and/or into other groups and ending up aggroing way too many people for us to handle. Plus, having had Corso so much longer I had already geared him up better in terms of high-endurance and defence gear. I also found that Corso 'stays put' more which makes the fights a bit easier to manage.

I do want to try gearing him up as a tank and using him again when he's a bit sturdier but right now, Corso is just more useful to me, playstyle-wise.