Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

Tharianus
11.17.2019 , 12:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post

I have a friend who mains merc heal in pvp and he was a beast in 5.0 and basicaly unkillable and is even more so now. Sorcs were not op.
Now with the moving rapid scan tactical, mercs are op.
I topped HPS records and Overal heal on 3 different servers with my Mandoheal in the 5.x era... i think i know exactly what a merc heal is capable of...

Sorcs were not OP... are you serious? That is why almost all teams played with sorc heals in Team ranked in 5.X because they were NOT superior to other heal classes...sure....

only cerasi and katrinka played Operative heal... durwell+asana(sometimes)+me played merc/mando heal in TR on malgus.... and literally all other teams played with sorc/sage healer.... but yeah sorc were not OP....
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany
The Dread Commando
Twitch Channel

SlimeyDoom
11.17.2019 , 12:20 PM | #42
Someone did the math based on 1gb of combat logs, and apparently sorc abilities heal for over 30% less relative in 6.0 compared to 5.9. How did this not get noticed earlier?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...comparison.txt

SlimeyDoom
11.17.2019 , 12:21 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
I topped HPS records and Overal heal on 3 different servers with my Mandoheal in the 5.x era... i think i know exactly what a merc heal is capable of...

Sorcs were not OP... are you serious? That is why almost all teams played with sorc heals in Team ranked in 5.X because they were NOT superior to other heal classes...sure....

only cerasi and katrinka played Operative heal... durwell+asana(sometimes)+me played merc/mando heal in TR on malgus.... and literally all other teams played with sorc/sage healer.... but yeah sorc were not OP....
Operatives were the meta healer 5.x after those hefty sorc nerfs. Nearly everyone played pressure and Operative had a much better matchup into that then post nerf sorc did. Sorc was playable but you were just gimping your team against pressure comps.

Tharianus
11.17.2019 , 01:04 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Operatives were the meta healer 5.x after those hefty sorc nerfs. Nearly everyone played pressure and Operative had a much better matchup into that then post nerf sorc did. Sorc was playable but you were just gimping your team against pressure comps.
i agree that everyone played pressure comps....but the meta healer ... come on cerasi and katrinka played them and those guys are very good on it... i have not seen an operative healer who was good enough to play in TR besides those players i mentioned before... operative healer were squishy as hell... in my opinion the hardest healer to play... and that is why only a few people were capable of playing them in TR but those are very good players....

rest were all sorcs... deny it or not your decision... but it is the truth...

Iam not talking about Solo Ranked btw Solo Ranked is too random (class combos, different player skill levels and so on)

but it is a fact that merc heals were literally not existent in TR... but yeah maybe we see an influx of TR and Merc heals now... and if that happens we can talk about nerfs....
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany
The Dread Commando
Twitch Channel

SlimeyDoom
11.17.2019 , 02:13 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
i agree that everyone played pressure comps....but the meta healer ... come on cerasi and katrinka played them and those guys are very good on it... i have not seen an operative healer who was good enough to play in TR besides those players i mentioned before... operative healer were squishy as hell... in my opinion the hardest healer to play... and that is why only a few people were capable of playing them in TR but those are very good players....

rest were all sorcs... deny it or not your decision... but it is the truth...

Iam not talking about Solo Ranked btw Solo Ranked is too random (class combos, different player skill levels and so on)

but it is a fact that merc heals were literally not existent in TR... but yeah maybe we see an influx of TR and Merc heals now... and if that happens we can talk about nerfs....
No no I donít think mercs need to be nerfed at all, itís nice that theyíre finally top tier in pvp. I just want the other healing classes to be brought up to that level. Sorc is so far behind that itís just kind of depressing. No heal class needs nerfs right now.

jedcjedcjedc
11.17.2019 , 02:45 PM | #46
mercs arent even healing all that much more relatively speaking, it's just they got the best set/tactical combo which gives them a large uptime on not being interrupted. Even healing scan spam doesn't keep up with the free flow of giant crits every dps now gets though
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

merovejec
11.18.2019 , 01:45 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I love when people pretend that group ranked is relevant. It was completely dead throughout season 11. I predict it will get played by a few decent teams in the first few weeks of season 12. Then the decent teams will start dodging each other, and the queues will die rather quickly...again..
Not even that, as you could see here, the PVP community on DM has no problem to make 2 teams that fight each other for hours and gain rating. This way they just secure top spots and they are fine. This is how team ranked will be abjused again, like every season.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link

sdom
11.18.2019 , 06:30 AM | #48
Your findings are right, healers do need buffed. Sorc heals suffered the most out of every class.
Bioware really messed up this time.

Ahwassa
11.18.2019 , 07:07 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
Your findings are right, healers do need buffed. Sorc heals suffered the most out of every class.
Bioware really messed up this time.
Do you know how much mercs and sorcs parse in 75er content?
I went into Meridian hc, pulled 2 add groups and parsed with my sorc.
I healed 15 k (no andrenal and only single target), with group heal it should be a bit higher.
When my merc is full equipped Iīll parse with him too.

limenutpen
11.18.2019 , 08:19 AM | #50
Thank you Krea for doing this. Yes healers will suffer a lot in the new 6.0 meta unless something is done.

I leveled my Scoundrel this weekend and I agree that Sages/sorcs seem to be the most easy to kill and are the weakest. of the trio. A 30% on average HPS more to DPS want cut it in team ranked. What was it in 5.9/10 50% more?

As healers go I think Merc/Commando is in the best spot atml, and do have better working single target heals then Scoundrel/Operative, and two very good shields.

As general HPS went, Scoundrel was about 20-30% better in general heals versus Commando and Sage in 5 meta, Sages/Sorcs performed better in PvP and more so in Ranked because they had a better defense aspect to the game, and is the class easier to do kiting (FS and PW) and still healing (healing trance, Wandering Mand on the go) and having burst heal with WM and Deliverance.

2020 might be the Commando/Merc Heal year after all.