Volatile Strike - do you still need to wait for Volatile Substance to “settle in”?

squirk

Sorry for the dumb question. I don’t study abilities, damage outputs, GCD cooldowns, etc. as much as I probably should.

I just picked up Volatile Strike as my first real Tactical (vs. Krall’s Accord). The description states that “ Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately“.

Am I correct in interpreting that to mean that I open with Vol. Substance, and then instantly follow up with Veiled Strike ASAP? Or do I still need to wait for Vol. Substance to “settle in or a few seconds” before activating Veiled Strike?

Please and thank you.

Rotation as follows:

Stim boost while in stealth (esp if you have 6 piece Tacticians)>Volatile>Veiled>Backstab>Lacerate spam

Rinse and repeat. Veiled is a short cooldown so you can usually get two more in before Volatile is off cooldown for the combo to be repeated.

VERY IMPORTANT: if you pvp, you ALWAYS want to make sure your Volatile is used BEFORE backstab if you're taking the Jarring Strikes talent. That way your backstab will root the target and interrupt them since Volatile Substance being popped allows your next backstab to be used like you were in stealth.

To your original question - as long as you Veiled strike after Volatile Substance, you dont have to wait for it to pop. If you don't have Veiled strike up then it will still require a poison/use of backstab which is counterproductive and a big loss of dps since it won't guarantee a backstab crit if you do it the "old" way.

To your original question - as long as you Veiled strike after Volatile Substance, you dont have to wait for it to pop. If you don't have Veiled strike up then it will still require a poison/use of backstab which is counterproductive and a big loss of dps since it won't guarantee a backstab crit if you do it the "old" way.

Thank you!