"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why they don't want them. They enjoy the playstyle of being bad and not caring. They enjoy just bumbling around and pressing whatever buttons they feel like because the attack or spell looks neat. They want a game where the difficulty is balanced around them being able to do so.

They don't want a game that has addons because not only does the game difficulty become balanced around people using those addons to perform their job better, but the other players also now have the tools to see how bad these people really are, and now they aren't getting their free ride through content anymore.

With addons in place, you start paying attention to the numbers and your performance instead of just playing and enjoying the game. They drain the fun out of a form of entertainment. That is why casual players don't enjoy them.

Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy min/maxing their characters. Also, you use the term "casual" instead of "bad". Shame on you.

IIf you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!

It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!

The bad player is already at a crazy disadvantage due to being bad.

With addons in place, you start paying attention to the numbers and your performance instead of just playing and enjoying the game. They drain the fun out of a form of entertainment. That is why casual players don't enjoy them.

Pretty much this is the problem.

It's two different playstyles, and two different ideas of what's fun. For me, the numbers and performance are fun. The game itself can be enjoyable on it's own for sure, but in the end game, how may times are you going to run the same hard mode flashpoint just for the "experience" of it. In the end, the gearing up and numbers are all that the end game players have.

It's not right or wrong to enjoy the game one way or the other.

I don't care if you enjoy your immersive experience without the numbers, that's fine. Why do you care if I enjoy the numbers when the experience loses its luster?

Edited by lueckjathom

But that's really no reason to constantly QQ about Addons ...

I get that baddies don't want to know they are bad.

I get that baddies don't want other folks to know they are bad.

I even get that baddies don't want to be better at all ... they are fine just being bad.

What I don't get is somehow the baddies actually think that with no mods or add-ons they will somehow slip below the radar and get carried by the goods? Really? It's one thing to be Bad, but this sort of thinking takes a person from being Bad to being downright STUPID.

The reality is that is SWTOR doesn't allow any form of UI modifications, any form of macros (mouse over healing anybody?), or any form of meters (hello, where is our combat log at least) then this game will not garner the long term subs that other MMO's do.

So, I doubt *nothing* is going to be BW's stance on those subjects. They might not allow full blown mods, but to not allow even a "mouse over" option for abilities? to not even have a combat log? No, you don't spend this much on a game and allow those simple need to go unmet.

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world.

this is the biggest load of crap i've ever read, and I love WoW and hardcore raiding. Ulduar was the last great raid blizz ever did, everything since then including every cata raid has been carebear e-z mode. raiding in WoW is a joke now. with the introduction of panda land i cant imagine how much worse its going to get.

this is the biggest load of crap i've ever read, and I love WoW and hardcore raiding. Ulduar was the last great raid blizz ever did, everything since then including every cata raid has been carebear e-z mode. raiding in WoW is a joke now. with the introduction of panda land i cant imagine how much worse its going to get.

This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.

This must be a joke. Not a single part of WoW was difficult. The entire game was designed so that anyone could win, since the majority of players were all children that did not play MMOs prior to WoW's release. Wait... the graphics were difficult, my eyes bled some days knowing that at release the graphics were below par with the previous generation of MMOs.

If you WAIT a few months you will get all of these addons/customizations/mods that you're crying about. I'd much rather they work on what they've got already then add in the extras, why are you so damn needy? Calm down.

So bad...

This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.

I quit WoW a long time ago, but is Rag actually harder than pre-nerf M'uru? I doubt it, but if so maybe I shouldn't have quit.

I quit WoW a long time ago, but is Rag actually harder than pre-nerf M'uru? I doubt it, but if so maybe I shouldn't have quit.

I'd say he was, but I missed Sunwell so I couldn't give a definitive answer. Though, they've now kicked his teeth out with nerfs.

Average wipes to kill H Rag were 500-600 prenerf.

Edited by ckoneful

Yes. Yes it was.

Granted, fewer guilds killed pre-nerf M'uru, but it was nerfed within a week of the first kill, while Ragnaros was not nerfed for 1.5 months.

As an encounter, Heroic Rag is by FAR the harder boss.

Yet the encounters difficulty pales in comparison to Rifts Akyilios fight. Gotta say, Rift is starting to come out with much better end game content that WoW is producing.

I'd say he was, but I missed Sunwell so I couldn't give a definitive answer. Though, they've now kicked his teeth out with nerfs.

Average wipes to kill H Rag were 500-600 prenerf.

Wow, I raided everything from classic up to heroic nefarion and nothing ever took that many attempts. The most I've ever spent on a single boss was probably mimiron at like 150.

So you are alright with people just wasting each others time?

When there are enough Flashpoints and Operations for this to even become a problem, I guarantee you, groups will start to get rid of these players that put little effort into playing their best

Yet the encounters difficulty pales in comparison to Rifts Akyilios fight. Gotta say, Rift is starting to come out with much better end game content that WoW is producing.

Many ways this is possible.

Rift has one fatal flaw, its class mechanics are to similar to World of Warcraft's, its also a big strength if they can come up with better boss mechanics.

Lets face it, there is only so many ways a group of developers can think to make a boss different, Rift players are also young ( new game ) compared to the 6 year vets of WoW where nothing seems new even the Deathwing encounter.

Why does the option to have addons or simply having a more customizable interface always have to have something to do with WoW?

Please, stop linking the subjects. It doesn't matter what some other game did. All that matters is that players get to play the game they want to and have as many options in doing that as possible.

The problem with some addons is that they trivialize encounters so much that future content is designed around having those addons. This forces anyone who doesn't enjoy data crunching to use them. I am a min/maxer like many and I do miss some of the required raid addons I used in WoW, but I have to admit it is also quite relaxing to be free of them. I just hope they strike a balance so that you have some choice in regards to the half dozen raiding addons that are required to even clear trash. I love them until they become a required crutch for encounters. Some of the raid boss mods from WoW (ie. Deadly Boss Mobs and others) actually turned many encounters into a dumbed down version of Simple Simon.

That so I not true when I was playing wow I used every addon I could that I liked it made my game experince more fun. But I have had my UI go down or played on someone elses computer with no addons, my skills didn't decrease because I didn't have add ons I was still pwn noobs and topping dps charts, I just didn't have addons. Wow's UI is ugly so I change it. Addon's also decrease raid prep time which the causal player who doesn't have time to wait an hour for the raid to be all rdy should be happy about them.

i sure can,

vanilla rag was much harder. do you have any idea the amount of hours it took to farm the elemental fires to get the fire resist for 40 people?

not to mention find 40 people that were good? pfft heroic rag 25 people? easy mode

its been nerfed so much now it really isnt a strong argument anymore. yes pre-nerf the only difficult (read: overtuned) fight of the entire expansion was the only thing defendable about cata raiding. ONE fight, out of all the BWD and FL fights. and now even your average casual guild is on heroic deathwing fights.