Give PT/VG more DCDs

swifteatime

Squishy class that everyone automatically focuses in PvP.

Requires 0 brain power at the start of each round when deciding who to target first. This is the alogrithim:

"1) Is there a VG / PT on enemy team? If yes, immediately focus them for no reason. If no, proceed to next step"

If we're going to be the focus of everyone in PvP, can we atleast have a few more DCDs. Ractive shield and adrenaline is stupidly underpowered for the amount of dmg we take in a 4v4. Better yet, remove 4v4s from the unranked rotation - no one actually enjoys them....

Squishy class that everyone automatically focuses in PvP.

Requires 0 brain power at the start of each round when deciding who to target first. This is the alogrithim:

"1) Is there a VG / PT on enemy team? If yes, immediately focus them for no reason. If no, proceed to next step"

If we're going to be the focus of everyone in PvP, can we atleast have a few more DCDs. Ractive shield and adrenaline is stupidly underpowered for the amount of dmg we take in a 4v4. Better yet, remove 4v4s from the unranked rotation - no one actually enjoys them....

We've become a glass cannon in 6.0 really, which I disagree should be the PT's role because it's inconsistent with their archetype as a big bad armored super-trooper, but...

Regardless, unless they're willing to nerf some of the PT's damage I think the reduced defensive CDs kind of even things out. I still want Kolto Overload to have a more significant benefit, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Fine, then nerf PTs damage and get rid of their pull ability for dps specs. And as a melee class they shouldn't be able to dps from a distance.

The pull should never be taken away its just too cool. Otherwise the Powertech should get a complete overhaul imho. Ideally to what the PT was before: a melee/ranged hybrid. And overall much better DCD's but slightly less burst.

Here’s the thing. PT is just another in a long line of characters that deal massive amounts of damage but have a glass jaw. The glass cannon is just a fact of life. Your best bet is to use what few cooldowns you have, los your balls off, and pick your spots when determining who to attack.

Now, in my opinion, PT and Operative should swap places. Make PT the hard to kill tank, and Operative the squishy cannon. It fits their story as characters better, and makes for more consistent playstyle. Imagine if in Avengers, Black Widow was face tanking the Chitauri, while Iron Man was stabbing people from the shadows and using hit and run tactics, and you’ll see why I think it’s ridiculous that the PT is the glass cannon. But, make the most of it, I guess.

• 2 months later...
Here’s the thing. PT is just another in a long line of characters that deal massive amounts of damage but have a glass jaw. The glass cannon is just a fact of life. Your best bet is to use what few cooldowns you have, los your balls off, and pick your spots when determining who to attack.

Now, in my opinion, PT and Operative should swap places. Make PT the hard to kill tank, and Operative the squishy cannon. It fits their story as characters better, and makes for more consistent playstyle. Imagine if in Avengers, Black Widow was face tanking the Chitauri, while Iron Man was stabbing people from the shadows and using hit and run tactics, and you’ll see why I think it’s ridiculous that the PT is the glass cannon. But, make the most of it, I guess.

Finally someone who found the right words to express the concept. I wanna also highlight the fact that a stealth class, for its nature, should be "enough" squishy, this would justify the fact that they need to disappear when things get hard. The skill of evading the fight and vanish and run away should be the counterweight to their squishyness and also for their lethality. In this frame by the way i think they should improve their healing abilities that little bit to give operatives the right tools to survive in extreme situations and during dueling.

Why don't you open a thread in the suggestion box?

• 1 month later...
Finally someone who found the right words to express the concept. I wanna also highlight the fact that a stealth class, for its nature, should be "enough" squishy, this would justify the fact that they need to disappear when things get hard. The skill of evading the fight and vanish and run away should be the counterweight to their squishyness and also for their lethality. In this frame by the way i think they should improve their healing abilities that little bit to give operatives the right tools to survive in extreme situations and during dueling.

Why don't you open a thread in the suggestion box?

dps operatives already have pretty ridiculous heals.

Trauma regulators and Kolto surge should've gone to Powertech, or be universal utilities between mercs and pt. Blows my mind how they gave mercs all the love.

Its cuz Boyd plays merc in RP or whatever content he enjoys. I can't wait for mercs to lose some DCDs in 7.0 because we will get to see the hordes of trash mercs melt right before out eyes without 3 "omg" buttons to push.

The so much pruned DPS Juggie on PTS that everyone's crying about still feels way more tanky than live PT

If they just up Kolto to merc Kolto levels it'll be more or less the same as Jugg on PTS tbh. Tank PTs just need the Emergency Power 6 piece to be baseline and they're fine.