Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem to, didn't see anything about newer species nor anything about new character slots( creating new characters) all that I seen was the market , and other options oh and I didn't see any other planets like Felucia, Geonosis or Naboo and Mustafar

which I think that is funny that they are Geonosians at alderaan and tattooine but have no home planet

There adding new content and storyline on Belsavis and a new companion.

There adding new content and storyline on Belsavis and a new companion.

I know that but it doesn't answer my orginal question which was added new content by newer characters to play and more slots to fill with them newer questing with newer planets I would love to see a newer story added in, I love to see other classses like a force adept or a witch hunter with a tree branch or an idle on a new planet with it's own story like how the war effected their communities and how they fall into the jedi/sith hands for their war not recycled planets added content seems they took an easy way out

Edited by Izrin

I know that but it doesn't answer my orginal question which was added new content by newer characters to play and more slots to fill with them newer questing with newer planets I would love to see a newer story added in, I love to see other classses like a force adept or a witch hunter with a tree branch or an idle on a new planet with it's own story like how the war effected their communities and how they fall into the jedi/sith hands for their war not recycled planets added content seems they took an easy way out

All this is probably on its way though, is it not? New Species: Cathar. New Planet/Story: Makeb. Not sure about a witch hunter with a tree branch though, doesn't sound very star wars... :confused:

All this is probably on its way though, is it not? New Species: Cathar. New Planet/Story: Makeb. Not sure about a witch hunter with a tree branch though, doesn't sound very star wars... :confused:

lol I know far featched but they were talking about all these great things to come but never happened kind of dissipointing and yes their are force adepts in novels that are tuned with the force but lack the weaponery of a jedi/sith seems to be a diffrent way of story but with general intrest they can expand so much where their is a lack if story in this era

If you want to do something cool with carbonite, make a mission out of it. Allow a character to defeat an enemy and store him in carbonite on the ship. Maybe even allow you to seal someone you beat in a duel in carbonite and keep the mold or something, if you really want to push it. But what that video showed looked like complete, gimmicky nonsense. Put some actual thought into your gimmicks so they don't feel shoehorned into the experience in a way that compromises the integrity of the game and the people who want to feel like they're experiencing something great.

Already some better ideas for the implementation of cash-stop items from the players than the ones we are seeing in the videos. Adding a carbonite "trophy" in your ship of someone you defeated in a duel is a good idea - as is making it a trophy from a defeated boss - and keeps immersion in check.

For the Sith Meditation Throne, instead of making it a mount it would be better as something you buy for your ship where if you sit in it, you receive buffs that persist through death - which would make perfect sense for what it is, and be ideal for Warzones or even Flashpoints.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Leopagne

Cartel packs sound like the lock boxes from another scifi MMO.... they suck and are nothing but a money grab.

This is true. But people defend it because those items can be sold on the GTN. Wow, that makes me feel so much better....really. So people with money to gamble will make a killing on the GTN with what is to be sure some of the highest credit prices ever seen.

It's a rip off no matter how you look at it. As of right now, it is the only thing Bioware has done that has lost my respect for them. I love this game, but my respect for Bioware as a company and EA as a company has sunk to a dirty level. Not quite as low as Cryptic Studios, but well within a visual distance.

Edited by Wraiven

They should do something to the CE store too- and also make it where subscribers get a little more uique choices in the store, or atleast have it to where you can buy a Legacy weapon (not from event only) where the bound crystals can maybe be moved between charectors- for those of us that actually do play different classes and toons like they wanted, it would be nice to move those crystals, rare items, and speeders between charectors for a premium. Just sayin', :D

The Cartel Market is unique because you can access it ingame?

I'm pretty sure other F2P games have the same 'unique' feature.

This is the first F2P video i've watched and the CM button sticks out like a sore thumb (like many have said). I'm glad to hear it can be moved etc. Although I don't get why Bioware didn't integrate it into the UI bar at the top of the screen or add it to the side of the mini map.

The Cartel Market is unique because you can access it ingame?

I'm pretty sure other F2P games have the same 'unique' feature.

This is the first F2P video i've watched and the CM button sticks out like a sore thumb (like many have said). I'm glad to hear it can be moved etc. Although I don't get why Bioware didn't integrate it into the UI bar at the top of the screen or add it to the side of the mini map.

Because they want you to constantly notice it. Advertising, my man. It's all about advertising.

This is true. But people defend it because those items can be sold on the GTN. Wow, that makes me feel so much better....really. So people with money to gamble will make a killing on the GTN with what is to be sure some of the highest credit prices ever seen.

It's a rip off no matter how you look at it. As of right now, it is the only thing Bioware has done that has lost my respect for them. I love this game, but my respect for Bioware as a company and EA as a company has sunk to a dirty level. Not quite as low as Cryptic Studios, but well within a visual distance.

I share the same view on lock boxes. I simply cannot stand them.

It's funny how you mentioned selling the stuff for credits. Since they issued a reminder about how RMT is a violation of the terms, I can only assume there was a sudden influx of RMT transfers.

Which is find bizarre. RMT is against the terms. Yet I can spend my real money on cartel coins with the intention on getting stuff to sell on the GTN for in game currency.

I'm a bit confused. I have 1950 cartel coins now and 18 characters. Does that mean all of my characters will get that amount or one bulk sum to divide between all of them? If everyone gets 1950 coins each this could be fun! If not... hmmm. Then after the first distribution will all of them continue to earn coins each month as a subscriber, or will I need to use US dollars to buy more?

Thanks!

Edited by Desri

Cartel Coins are bound to your account. So it's up to you how you divide spending amongst your characters. You will accumulate more each month if you remain subscribed to the game, but again this will only go into your account balance (not to each character). You'll also be able to purchase more as often as you want. Edited by Iggster

I don't care so much what other people do with their money, but I am just not impressed with these items. The thrones everyone will be riding around in will sure look rediculous and that gammorian (or whatever you call them) axe looks good for little more than chopping wood. But yay new monkey lizard pet to add to the collection of pets I don't run around with and most people won't care about because, hey, they got one too. I'm sorry but I am unimpressed with my neighbors honda civic because, you know what? I got one too.

There has to be a way to appeal to the community on a more creative level. Maybe create some mods (since you won't allow people top see the code or make their own) and sell something like a "Recount" mod for $5 in game or something useful. Or how about adding some "Habitable Planets" where people can make an in game home or something more personal. New starship designs? I mean my inquister and warrior got the exact same ride. That just screams lazy developers.

I'm honestly on my last leg with the game as it is just to static and impersonal and just down right restrictive. Sadly the community has gotten so small now, I dare say if this were Alderaan Civil War, Bioware needs a three cap to win, so good luck with that.

There should be homes that we can pile our swag in. When we are allowed to put down roots then we will be sold on The Universe but when everything we can collect or own has to be held in a "cargo hold" or in inventory then our roots in the game are very shallow. .

Perhaps I'm wrong about this or have missed the memo about housing coming soon but, right now, the game seems to be only about the toon and how you can decorate it... The possibilities and the joy are kind of shallow. Not everyone is so impressed by their own toon.

There should be homes that we can pile our swag in. When we are allowed to put down roots then we will be sold on The Universe but when everything we can collect or own has to be held in a "cargo hold" or in inventory then our roots in the game are very shallow. .

Perhaps I'm wrong about this or have missed the memo about housing coming soon but, right now, the game seems to be only about the toon and how you can decorate it... The possibilities and the joy are kind of shallow. Not everyone is so impressed by their own toon.

They did this in SWG. Your guilds could purchase land and create their own communities to include things like vending machines for food and drinks; armor and weapons; even starship parts. We had such a tight group on old SWG that we actually met in real life and had dinners and beers. Many of us still keep in touch through emails in the years since.

One of the primary reasons SWG went to hell was that corporate execs thought they knew more about what their players wanted than the players. So they killed the game by creating character templates which drastically narrowed the sandbox playstyle that was the most attractive thing about the game.

The sad fact is that if Bioware had taken its ideas and incorporated more extras like the ones in SWG, it would have created more of the sense of community that is sorely lacking. This comes mostly from the issue that these companies mostly target the 11-22 :confused: year old groups of customers, which I believe is a mistake, honestly the most loyal customers are the working folks who actually use their money, not their parents, to purchase subscriptions and play the game. :(

TOR will slowly wither under these "exciting" new changes they are making to the game until it gets its servers shut down. :mon_trap:

I assume they have to buy the game, but just don't have a subscription. Otherwise BioWare would make no money from F2P.

Nope, just have to download the game and you're good to go. Bioware is hoping to make their money off the Cartel Market + providing incentives to eventually subscribe.

forget that...how about a 'legacy fleet' where all your characters take residence, and you could purchase items for your fleet with cc's such as a legacy storage locker, a gtn terminal, a respec vendor, etc.

For that matter, I also think it would be nice to be able to purchase other ships for your character. Not just getting a sith fury for your bounty hunter (mind you, that would be cool), but other ships that aren't associated with any classes.

Oh, and while we're at it, could we get some space PVP? That would be so COOL!!!! XD