Assassin Tank: What to stack to do harder PVE content

Ayushman

Just have a fresh lvl 70 assassin in 230 gear. Avoided more difficult contents due to being less frequently played toon. Now I want to tackle harder content on the toon such as MM fp, uprising and sort. Rotation is mostly good and I tend to communicate with team be that pug or premade if stuck. So my question is what to stack as I gear up or at max gear so that I have a very good survivability and threat generation? I am aware that defense has a cap somewhere just above recommended gear and tanks are doing cr@p damage atm. Any help or tips is appreciated.

I am a casual sin tank, I stack absorption and shield rating 50/50.

Endurance = 8506

Mastery = 7058

Defence ratin = 4029

Shield rating = 1928

Absorpttion = 1863

This is most likely not the best numbers, but I am a casual so...I do what I want, and blame the healer..

"That's it man, game over man, game over"

Thanks for the reply.

This is most likely not the best numbers, but I am a casual so...I do what I want, and blame the healer..]

uh... I am casual on Sin tank too. :)

Edited by Ayushman

there is this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=918622 that gives you an idea what you're aiming for but that's for top-tier gear.

then this guide http://dulfy.net/2017/01/29/swtor-5-0-kinetic-combat-shadow-pve-guide-by-numy/ goes in-depth on different ways of gearing. Short version - don't worry about defense, you should have enough from the gear the game gives you, and then aim for about 2000 shield/1500 absorb

Thanks for the links and tip.

Does endurance should be prioritize over defense? I mean tank mod and enhancement that drops from crates are full of defense.

Yes. With full equipment right out of the box, you are around 3500 Defense Rating or 37%. I currently am around 1300 Defense Rating and I am at 30%. So, you would have 2200 rating points invested into 7% Defense Chance. That's not worth it.

Invest it in Endurance or even offensive stats. My suggestion would be to use Lethal B-Mods instead of warding mods. Combining that with "out of the box"-equipment and shield/absorb augments should lead to a good composition. if you receive Bastion/Bulwark-Enhancements with 248 rating you can also use them instead of the normal immunity/... enhancements.