Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

i took the...erm...complete ritual >.>;;;

You have been a very very bad girl, agent. We will begin the song of punishment immediately.

You actually took him with you? :eek: I couldn't bear to do that to him. I took Temple since she wanted to learn the art of seduction anways. I know that I made Vector stood there and watched my Agent mac on Aristocra, but watching her marry and sleep with the poor dumb Voss kid just seemed cruel to me.

Was Vector joking when he said that? Or was he upset?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You actually took him with you? :eek: I couldn't bear to do that to him. I took Temple since she wanted to learn the art of seduction anways. I know that I made Vector stood there and watched my Agent mac on Aristocra, but watching her marry and sleep with the poor dumb Voss kid just seemed cruel to me.

Was Vector joking when he said that? Or was he upset?

lol that quote was made up

he took affection gains if i went with the tradition, and no affection loss when i took the ritual "all the way"

when you walk into the building, he remarks " so...you are marrying a voss...we allways wondered about your taste in men"

he got a +86 if you say this is just for work

none if you tease him ( what i did i asked " afraid your pheremones are wearing off on me? " and he replied " no...we only need our charm..."

and of course minus if you tell him to ****

and yes...i regret doing that very very much ; ;

i forgot to esc out ; ;

oh forgive me, honeybee, you can go to all the joiner parties you want, and i won't ask questions when you come back ; ;

you can even rate temple on her seduction skills ; ;

as for saganu...nope, i dont regret making you watch that >:3

LOL Crezlle

Perhaps next time around I'll take Vector but only do the ritual version. ;)

And is there more than a kiss with Aristocra? I never went looking for him after the holo goodbye. My Agent was only interested seducing him if the job called for it and was relieved that she didn't have to.

LOL Crezlle

Perhaps next time around I'll take Vector but only do the ritual version. ;)

And is there more than a kiss with Aristocra? I never went looking for him after the holo goodbye. My Agent was only interested seducing him if the job called for it and was relieved that she didn't have to.

nope, that was it.

my agent wanted some of dat blue booty >:3

Does anyone actually use the mods for him? I think I've seen one vid with a mod'd Vector. But like the standard version best.

I use mod 4 - I like his original model a lot too, I just tend to use customizations that are different than the majority of what I see running around. It makes him feel more like "My Vector". The only thing is, in this customization, when you do the "One People" quest, his eyes DON'T go to human... I had spoiled myself (mostly this thread :p) so I knew it was bugged. I had to take the customization out in order for it to work properly.

On that note... is there a bug report area? A place to consolidate issues like this? There was also a bug where the marriage proposal tried to cue for just a cantina and not the ship, it essentially white screened. I recognized the dialogue so knew I needed to go to the ship (again not a big deal) was just odd.

On a related note, I've been quite enjoying playing my Chiss Sith Juggernaut as she's the daughter of my Sniper and of course Vector. She's hellbent on revenge on certain organizations and is the spitting image of her mother:

http://http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/Salamander8888/Morella.jpg

Payback's a you-know-what! :D

all right!

Crezelle so far has sired a BH and a Smuggler, they are much more hotheaded than normal chiss, consierding they're half bloods, and they yearn for freedom, hense thier jobs.

Latter on Crez might adopt a non-sensitive pureblood that was abandoned by it's parents, and raise it to be a sniper, just so i can smack my crew around >:3

I've got another question.

In one of Vector's missions, he tells you that he is "finished repairing" himself. I wanted to say, "Uh, I didn't know you were broken...?" I understand that he wanted to "find his humanity" again, but I thought the choice of wording was odd there, especially since he also calls the joining a "gift" at some point. Is there something I'm missing? Are there some quests with Lokin that explain that more? (Still working on his conversations.) It almost felt to me like there should have been another conversation somewhere explaining why he thought he was damaged to begin with. Nice how he told me I'd helped him with that, but I wasn't sure what I'd done other than flirt with him shamelessly. :rolleyes:

At some point Vector does talk about the joining being a privilege and not something that should be forced on others.

As for the "repairing himself", I believe it was about him leaving the hive forever to follow the Agent. He does mention something about relearning on how to relate to others in a "normal way", to read body language and such...

To all of you Vector lovers, a little something I quickly worked on a while ago:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d4647dc1-87bf-4989-8f53-5a8494633f2e/d4ppehn-7c49ac54-cf44-4962-9b5c-2da943f0bef5.jpg/v1/fill/w_400,h_582,q_75,strp/_swtor__vector_hyllus_beautiful_eyes_by_lawrichai_d4ppehn-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDQ2NDdkYzEtODdiZi00OTg5LThmNTMtNWE4NDk0NjMzZjJlXC9kNHBwZWhuLTdjNDlhYzU0LWNmNDQtNDk2Mi05YjVjLTJkYTk0M2YwYmVmNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NDAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.W4Deg7mTaejGGhxTJ73UfSQGGRsVUeBYzFzrpTTB8E8

I was a bit frustrated I couldn't see Vector's eye in the customization I chose, so I made myself a portrait of "my" Vector from that beautiful scene on the ship. <3 Enjoy

In one of Vector's missions, he tells you that he is "finished repairing" himself. I wanted to say, "Uh, I didn't know you were broken...?" I understand that he wanted to "find his humanity" again, but I thought the choice of wording was odd there, especially since he also calls the joining a "gift" at some point. Is there something I'm missing? Are there some quests with Lokin that explain that more? (Still working on his conversations.) It almost felt to me like there should have been another conversation somewhere explaining why he thought he was damaged to begin with. Nice how he told me I'd helped him with that, but I wasn't sure what I'd done other than flirt with him shamelessly. :rolleyes:

This also confused and distressed me. What I liked most about Vector's line was how confident he was in who he is - he doesn't need fixing.

I think (hope?) that he's referring to the personal quest of reuniting with the lost hives. He/the Killiks were sundered a long time ago and he's brought them back together, which is, from a hive point of view, very much self-repair. Most romance options make references to their personal quests when they're ready to take another step forward in the romance line. Well, now that Vector has resolved this enormous hive thing, he has the time and readiness to devote to more selfish matters.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Is that where she says, "No more disappearing when things get difficult?" That line honestly didn't make much sense to me. There was never a time where Vector went away because of the agent. He left to deal with his diplomatic stuff. Considering my agent fully supported his diplomatic endeavors, I felt pretty bad going with that option. It was still better than the line that makes it sound like the agent has a man in every spaceport. :rolleyes::

If you plow through all your conversations with him fairly quickly, he won't talk to you for much of chapter 2, when your agent (mine certainly at least) could really use some emotional support. I think it's more about emotional distance rather than physical.

To the people taking issue with Alderaan:

I didn't find the hive's desire particularly unreasonable...I felt like how Vector/the hive handled wanting House Cortess was one of those "lost in translation" things of cultural awkwardness. Would a human have known to communicate up front what they wanted in exchange for helping? Yes. But the hive isn't human.

My agent still said no -- Cortess was a valuable, and human (more important to her superiors than her), ally still -- but I would have liked a "No, but you can have House Ulgo" response or something. I mean, the hive was willing to defend you when you go running back to Vector at first. It really did deserve something for its efforts, imo. Still feel bad about that one.

I would have done something similar had it been available -

but would have given them all of Cortess' holdings, just not the people. They earned the land. Giving them the people too would have been an incredibly stupid move politically, and my agent considers things like this in her decision making.

Wow. The one where she freaks out is very sweet in a different way. :)

I still like how my agent is happy an bubbly with Vector when they are alone. Like only with him she can be herself and have some fun..

I just ran through that and it made me cry. I went with the "I love you" response, My god, She actually sounds sincere when she says it here.

Because I think those parts of his mind are not essential to him anymore as a joiner. He hadn't really noticed the lack of it before, but now he does. You come up against this earlier too when he asks for clarification about whether your relationship is just professional or is more than that - he says that since the joining he has largely lost his ability to read people (which, as a diplomat, he used to be really good at). His interest in you motivates him to work on getting that stuff back. It's not broken, but more disconnected.

Another female gamer chiming in.

Speaking in general terms, females do NOT like bugs. We squash them. We swat them. We suck them up into the vaccuum cleaners. We do not want to romance some creepy buggy dude who refers to himself in third person plural. Sure, there's more to the game than romance, but as much as I enjoy leaving behind a trail of dead bodies, I also enjoy my romance options.

Vector creeped me out so much I dumped my female IA. Even Corso's insecure jealous whining is better than creepy buggy dude.

I won't be playing a female IA until there's either a companion update, or I can have a same-sex romance. I think I"ll just roll a female bounty hunter... but I really wanted to play an IA.

Speaking in general terms, females do NOT like bugs. We squash them. We swat them. We suck them up into the vaccuum cleaners. We do not want to romance some creepy buggy dude who refers to himself in third person plural. Sure, there's more to the game than romance, but as much as I enjoy leaving behind a trail of dead bodies, I also enjoy my romance options.

Vector creeped me out so much I dumped my female IA. Even Corso's insecure jealous whining is better than creepy buggy dude.

I won't be playing a female IA until there's either a companion update, or I can have a same-sex romance. I think I"ll just roll a female bounty hunter... but I really wanted to play an IA.

Eh. I don't like bugs either. But, like I said here:

Yeah, I kind of really hate bugs myself. I had to do most of Alderaan with my glasses off. Then I could almost convince myself that they were weird looking/sounding beavers (beavers because of the tail bit's vague resemplance to a beaver's tail). *shudder* Vector is totally worth it though.

Vector's story really intrigues me and I enjoy hearing how other people are interpreting it. I just wish the "repair" comment had been explained a bit more readily. It felt like it came out of the blue. If that's why he barely spoke to me during ACT II, it would have been nice to know ahead of time that he was "working on" something during that time.

I was happy to see that in ACT III (still not done yet but getting close) he has been more vocal during cut scenes and has even been offering me advice. Feels more like the actively engaged Vector we see in ACT I.

Lawrichai, I love your work! Thanks for sharing.

I agree that making a romance companion linked with a race of giant bugs was quite a bold move by Bioware. I wish I knew how exactly the conversation in the board room went when that choice was made. :p But gosh, Vector charmed me from that very first flirt! I laughed out loud and thought, "I'm gonna love this guy." And the second one was even better (the bug milk one.) I wish we had seen more of the "witty Vector" throughout the story. I find his weirdness very entertaining and his awkward sincerity endearing. And he gets better with time. :)

Vector's story really intrigues me and I enjoy hearing how other people are interpreting it. I just wish the "repair" comment had been explained a bit more readily. It felt like it came out of the blue. If that's why he barely spoke to me during ACT II, it would have been nice to know ahead of time that he was "working on" something during that time.

I think that's why

he was apologizing. Going into doing that work he probably wouldn't have _realized_ that not telling you would be a problem. After, well, it obviously was.

At some point Vector does talk about the joining being a privilege and not something that should be forced on others.

As for the "repairing himself", I believe it was about him leaving the hive forever to follow the Agent. He does mention something about relearning on how to relate to others in a "normal way", to read body language and such...

To all of you Vector lovers, a little something I quickly worked on a while ago:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d4647dc1-87bf-4989-8f53-5a8494633f2e/d4ppehn-7c49ac54-cf44-4962-9b5c-2da943f0bef5.jpg/v1/fill/w_400,h_582,q_75,strp/_swtor__vector_hyllus_beautiful_eyes_by_lawrichai_d4ppehn-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDQ2NDdkYzEtODdiZi00OTg5LThmNTMtNWE4NDk0NjMzZjJlXC9kNHBwZWhuLTdjNDlhYzU0LWNmNDQtNDk2Mi05YjVjLTJkYTk0M2YwYmVmNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NDAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.W4Deg7mTaejGGhxTJ73UfSQGGRsVUeBYzFzrpTTB8E8

I was a bit frustrated I couldn't see Vector's eye in the customization I chose, so I made myself a portrait of "my" Vector from that beautiful scene on the ship. <3 Enjoy

hot dayum! too bad i don't like the veinyness that custom used. makes me think of sith corruption..which he definately would not have <3

still awesome sauce tho <3

...i'd wallpaper it..but my bf would tease me about it

I'm sorry to hear that the romance wasn't for you. i just finished the IA story and I loved it. For anyone who is on the fence about romancing Vector, I guess it depends on the type of romance you like. Personally, my type of romance is more "Nightmare Before Christmas" than "The Notebook", so I enjoyed the offbeat and quirky charm that Vector brought to the table. He is also refined, cultured, and charming- not everyone's cup of tea. I thought of my agent as someone who had been around the block so many times, had heard every pickup line (even used some herself!), and was jaded about love. She flirts with this ant-boy (standard operating procedure) and he wants to rub forearms? How intriguing!

FYI- I found I got the most out of Vector's story if I also friended Doctor Lokin. I imagine the agent accompanies them to the opera on her nights off.

FYI- I found I got the most out of Vector's story if I also friended Doctor Lokin. I imagine the agent accompanies them to the opera on her nights off.

My agent let's them have boy's nights out ;P he needs to bond with someone other than her, and while hes off with lokin, my agent gets to do much-less ... eloquent and refined activities with kaliyo and temple on girl's night out :D

you have to admit; taking vector to a kegger would be akward for him XD

i'd so love to actually get to take up that promise to vector of just those 2, a blanket, and some field rations on a nature viewing trek :D be a LOT easier to sneak off to some mountain trail, or watching the stars on some uninhabited planet, than to have to shoo everyone off the ship every single time my healthy-apitited agent gets frisky

Now that she is a full-fledged Darth, here's some new pictures of my Sniper and Vector's Chiss Juggernaut daughter!

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/Salamander8888/Screenshot_2012-05-02_05_57_55_591360.jpg

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/Salamander8888/Screenshot_2012-05-02_05_57_50_105046.jpg

I like the whole attractive blue female Darth Vader look she has going now! :cool:

Love the outfit! I have the Bladestorm's Greaves for that pants model; what's your chestpiece?

Ancient Paragon's of some type. I'm at work so can't confirm but that's the gist of it. She has the tanky version.

Edited by IronSalamander