Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carefully evaluating? That's ********. This exploitation is going to resonate into all aspects of PvP. 50's warzones? Full group of Imperial battlemasters vs. a hodgepodge of repubs in a few pieces of centurion. The whole thing is an absolute joke.

Roll back all valor gains today and fire whoever conceived of this **** update. Delete Ilum from the face of the earth and just send everyone 10 bags a week, this zone is worthless.

The creator of this thread - Gabe - is the guy responsible. Not only is he lying (saying Republic was farming Empire), he's in control.

Don't you see what this means?? The Republic must come back from the shadows and conquer them after all!

Bioware did this on purpose so we have a challenge! Just like in the movies. We'll get the rewards honestly and beat them based on skill.

I look forward to being the underdog and destroying the ugly Sith!

See you on the battlefield!

PS. Stop crying you like the game keep playing it!!

Hell with the way things go so far I wouldn't be surprised if they banned the Pubs being farmed instead. And I have a sneaky suspension what that comment is gonna get me.

Actually, it looks like some people were deliberately bringing Republic players in simply to be farmed to help out their Imperial buddies. Those could possibly have action taken against them, but it might be hard to tell who did that and who was just desperate to get away.

Nobody exploited anything

Actually, you are completely wrong. A vast number of Imps absolutely did exploit the Pub respawn on Ilum to farm Valor. Read below, and understand, as you failed to do so the first time through. I highlighted the relevant parts. If needed, I can use crayons to help bring the text down to a more understandable level for the Imp clowns in denial.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Id like proof of that or its just rhetoric.

I'll be cancelling if there isn't a rollback. I played extremely hard to get my battlemaster title and this dev response makes that effort a joke.

Bioware will lose many loyal gamers with their poor planning and execution of this patch and the crisis it created.

I understand now why the MMORPG genre is stagnating. Dev's can't risk anything since a single mistake results in rage quitting of their player base. Sounds like the patch was bad but the player response is ridiculous. It is a game...

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT I HAVE NO PVP ANYMORE?!?!

That's great and all for high pop servers, but I queued for 8 hours without a single warzone. Illum doesn't have a single republic player, and there are only 24 people total level 50 at 8pm (I took screens if youd like to see them).

What about those of us on the lower pop servers? You know, the ones who chose not to overload your servers by picking a reasonably populated one, to our own detriment. Where is our fix?

This.

oh and this too.

This is what SOE did to SWG Players, and we all know the history of that. Change it or we'll see history repeat itself.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Hello everyone;...

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended...

Come on! First you delayed the 1.1 patch citing your team wanted to ensure quality player experience or something like that. Then, one of the first things that was broken is this problem on Ilum.

Don't get me wrong-I like this game, but your quality control and also your statements to your customers which do not live up to expectations, and sometimes contrary to what you are promising, do not exactly inspire confidence.

As you may know in business, poor customer confidence in your product may mean losing those customers, and, in this internet age, product feedback, especially juicy negative ones, spread very quickly. If I was running your company as a proper business responsible to shareholders, i would hold an internal enquiry on who was responsible for this fiasco and take the necessary steps. And yes, I run companies IRL.

If the problem is fction imbalance, what the are they supposed to do about it? Its not like you can force people to pick one side or another....

Actually, you can. Rift made it so that you couldn't pick a faction if the population was unbalanced.

Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Yeah that really means nothing.. Unless its a published list of people who took "advantage" which is essentially anyone who was in Ilum for more than the 5 min it took to do the daily, you guys are just blowing smoke due to the bleeding subs youre seeing right now.

Do a full rollback and risk the chance of losing a bunch of whiners who cheated to get something or don't do a full rollback and lose anyone who actually earned the valor they got.

Choice is yours.