Did I make a mistake making Female Knight

Lysaeyr

I went with female because I liked the voice more and yes I know male is David Hayter, just didn't care for it in this game. I was told though from some peeps that the male romance with Kira enhances the story quite a bit, so not sure anymore. Was hoping for other peoples opinions.

I went with female because I liked the voice more and yes I know male is David Hayter, just didn't care for it in this game. I was told though from some peeps that the male romance with Kira enhances the story quite a bit, so not sure anymore. Was hoping for other peoples opinions.

I didn't romance Kira, but still found the story good. Plus, females can still romance Doc.

Eh, I did female knight before male knight. Haven't finished male knight yet. Kira is fun so far, but it's entertainment on the side, ya know. The story doesn't really feel any different so far.

And I mean, if you decide to make more characters at some point, esp. by getting more slots if need be, you could always make a male knight down the line.

I played female JK before I played male JK (and I still haven't finished male JK because he is class 3 on my "8 classes to level 50" thing for DvL behind Trooper and SI), and the biggest thing with Kira compared to Doc as a romance target is that you first see her sooner than you first see Doc. But both of them work well and offer something above and beyond just the main story. Which of the two is better? I can't say because I haven't finished the romance with Kira yet.

Of all the romance targets, I'd suggest that Ashara is probably the most annoying (by all that's holy, she's annoying when you play a *female* inquisitor, and I can't imagine what romancing her would be like). After that, it's a bit of a toss-up, but I'd say that Raina Temple is too good a person to deserve having the Agent, and the idea of romancing Vector gives me the creepie-crawlies (pun intended). Fortunately for my first male Agent, he is well-matched with Kaliyo...

I've played both male and female JK. They both have their shining points. I prefer my female jedi knight just because the romance with Theron Shan makes sense. I'm a sucker for the generation xerox thing (Jace/Satele), and they seem to have good chemistry. I like Doc... just not as a romance option. And I did like the romance with Kira Carsen, too. But Lana fits really well, too, with the whole forbidden romance thing :p

Also... can't argue with the voice actress for the female Jedi Knight. Took me a while to place it... but it's Proctor Ingram from Fallout 4! I can NEVER unhear it.

No.

The male jedi Knight makes you feel forced to romance Kira. the female Jedi Knight creates more of a BFF relationship with Kira, and the relationship between Valkorian and the Jedi Knight is more interesting to me as a female jedi knight. but that is more of a roleplaying thing. I like to imagine that you are the daughter that the emperor wish he had.

Edited by cool-dude

I made a male Knight once to actually play out the official Kira romance... but then felt physically sick playing him before I even got off Tython. I just can't play a male Knight for love nor money.

Looks like I'm sticking with my lesbian head-canon forever :p

I made a male Knight once to actually play out the official Kira romance... but then felt physically sick playing him before I even got off Tython. I just can't play a male Knight for love nor money.

Looks like I'm sticking with my lesbian head-canon forever :p

Wow, that's a visceral reaction lol.

I made it work for me by making a sleazeball of a JK. Went really well with the voice and DS choices. I'm not sure I could do good guy male JK. Good guy male JC has already been Prince Valium.

I prefer the male JK because I like the male voice (and David Hayter as a VA) more than the female one. I also like Kira as a love interest but hate Doc and his slimeball ways. That being said, I didn't feel like the game was pushing me to romance Kira as a male (I have one who romanced her and one who romanced Theron) or that Kira being a love interest was better for the story than her being a close friend.

I wouldn't say it affects the main story. Like all other potential romance arcs, it's pretty much just side content. You neither gain or lose anything in the class story by having a character romance someone, Kira included.

That said, Kira is one of the more interesting companion characters in the base game.