"Had I Not Intervened, You Would Have Died" ? (Kotfe Spoilers)

Berronaxftw

Yeah I just noticed when I took my character through the KOTFE storyline that in the chapter where you get lost in the wilderness and have to fight valkorion, at one point he says to me "My son struck a fatal blow, had I not intervened you would have perished, perhaps I should have let you die then."

But during the fight vs arcann I accepted valkorions power and blasted him off the station, so he didn't strike any "fatal blow" so why did valkorion say this?

Is it some kind of bug? or does the conversation only get changed by alignment and not story choices?

Or is it the same line for everyone?

Just a bit confused here..

He means Arcann was about to strike a killing blow. If you don't accept his power Arcann impales you with his lightsabre, nearly killing you (only Valkorion saves you).

There may be a slight error in Valkorion's speech, the lack of a conditional ('would have struck'), or you may have misheard. I can't remember exactly what he says myself.

He means Arcann was about to strike a killing blow. If you don't accept his power Arcann impales you with his lightsabre, nearly killing you (only Valkorion saves you).

There may be a slight error in Valkorion's speech, the lack of a conditional ('would have struck'), or you may have misheard. I can't remember exactly what he says myself.

There's a debate been going as well, would Arcann have even landed that blow if Valkorion hadn't distracted you in that moment?

Additionally Valkorion says that only together they could defeat Arcann, yet he didn't bother showing up at the start of the fight, which would have been handy.

There's a debate been going as well, would Arcann have even landed that blow if Valkorion hadn't distracted you in that moment?

Additionally Valkorion says that only together they could defeat Arcann, yet he didn't bother showing up at the start of the fight, which would have been handy.

Well that's a question of temporal paradoxes more than anything :p

That's what I always though, especially when playing a tank class I'm like "save me? I was beating the crap out of your son who hadn't damaged me at all before you messed up time, distracted me, and made me lower my guard."

I remember using ESCP button during that fight . But..since Valk can get out of your body , and if say you accepted his powers ...he at some point show up to Arcann and make him attack you .

Anyone got the feeling that he also may have the abilitie to suggest things to peoples minds ?

Because Lana saying to go ask the great Valk for his opinions just feel so wrong .

I think that whole chapter was orchestred by him . Can't say much about Satele and Marr .

Also it's poor writing , because he claimed during that chapter that everyone should've been under your banner . I was like...were we watching the same thing ? who is everyone ? Both repb and Sith are still kept hostage and fighting each others .

Oh one more thing , you know when he throw you around like a rag dolls saying something like ''You have forgotten how it is to be alone'' or something .

You know for a second there I almsot though , that maybe the Outlander is an old entity like him or something that he REMEMBER but we do not .

Then I remembered that BW writing isn't that imaginative....so scratch that .

Hadn't thought of that before. Interesting theory, though I would argue that at that point, the blow is already past your defenses and he's just slowing time before it slams into you. Granted, I don't remember what it looks like in the cutscene.

Same line for everyone. It's a lazy piece of bad writing.

It's a bug I observed on my Inquisitor. When I did the chapter the first time with her, he spoke about how I took his power and still couldn't finish etc. Then I had to reset the chapter and did it again and then he suddenly told me that Arcann struck a killing blow against me and that Valkorion saved me, which obviously wasn't the case on that character.

I could swear I saw a thread with the same topic atleat two times in da past.

Regardless of what choice you chose refuse/accept

Here's how it is.

Valkorion knew that after Arcann pushed you back he would do something nasty. When you refuse you can see Arcann impaling you onto his lightsaber. When that happens Valkorion still uses his power to keep you alive. That is explained afterwards in the med lab when your character wakes up from sleep.

If you chose to use the father of all lightnings on Arcann. Valkorion still considers this as being his help that saved you. There are several hints thorought the chapters that Valkorion may or may not see the futures so he either deduces or knows what will happen to you if you refuse his power and thus makes the statement regardless

That is why he says that he is the reason you are still alive in chapter 12.

Here's how it is.

Valkorion knew that after Arcann pushed you back he would do something nasty. When you refuse you can see Arcann impaling you onto his lightsaber. When that happens Valkorion still uses his power to keep you alive. That is explained afterwards in the med lab when your character wakes up from sleep.

If you chose to use the father of all lightnings on Arcann. Valkorion still considers this as being his help that saved you. There are several hints thorought the chapters that Valkorion may or may not see the futures so he either deduces or knows what will happen to you if you refuse his power and thus makes the statement regardless

It's not hat he says he's the reason you're still alive it the actual spoken "my son struck a killing blow" line that's annoying, because Arcann never touched me

This came up in a thread in general and is yet another of their inconsistencies since they went down the cheap chapter route. If you make a certain choice, then Valkorian's line makes complete sense:

I generally took Valorian's powers on most of my characters, however on the two that refused to use his powers, Arcann struck a killing blow and was only stopped from finishing them off by Koth's intervention. After being out for a couple of days, the rest of the crew cannot believe my character lived and it is revealed that Valkorian healed them

Any other choice and the line is utterly rubbish and adds to overall poorness of the chapter.

Here's how it is.

Valkorion speaks with riddles and vagueries. I take everything he says with a bucket of salt, becausehe is a lying douchebag. And i am near totally convinced had he just let you fight arcann may not have scored that blow. He picked a very opportune time to pop up.