200% XP boost

tydestroyer

But you get scaled down to the level of the enemies anyways.

While your level gets scaled down to the planet, your character will still be overpowered if you've jumped far ahead of that planet's level range. It is because the character has all the abilities of a much higher level character, and potentially has gear that outclasses the mobs on the planet as well. A level 65 will one shot trash mobs on planets like Tatooine or Balmora, even with level scaling.

There used to be a Gree character on the Fleet that you could interact with to shut off the XP boost. Is he gone now?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I don't get the logic of people being against leveling faster. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I like getting all of my abilities and bonuses, because it makes the rest of the game, especially pvp, better.

I don't mind it now that I've played through all the class stories at least once, but it probably would have irked me if I was new to SWTOR. Some people like at least a little bit of a challenge, and if you're a completionist your character will quickly out level whichever planet you're on. I'm running a DvL Jedi Knight through his class story on Quesh now, and he's already level 65. I think he hit 65 on Alderaan.

I don't mind being overpowered since I'm only starting new characters for DvL and to revisit a story I've already played through, and it makes soloing Heroics easy if there are no groups forming. But I could totally understand newer players wanting an option to turn off the XP boosts.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Getting your abilities faster is a good point, but i'm currently leveling 2 chars with the boost and to be honest, it feels like i'm steamrolling trought the game, no more challenging fight(i know real challening boss fights dissappeared a while ago, but still, it was something) you have tons of story build up, convo wise, and then you autoattack and elite twice(yes, i am overexaggerating a little) and boom, you're a hero. 200% xp kills the story for ppl who haven't played it yet and i don't think unsubbing just to get a normal leveling experience is the way the problem should be handled. You should have a choice on how you level, bioware does need to think about that imo