New Content, Long Grind - Pick One

Voblat

There has been much discussion about the new gearing system, I've posted in plenty of threads myself (after barely posting at all in the previous 5 years of the game), and for me as a casual player there are two main issues, the RNG way of rewarding a level ding, which starts out as disappointing and then becomes annoying. Annoying enough for me to stop looking for cxp and just level my toons to 70 and park them. The other is the length of the grind itself.

If we ignore the RNG reward system for the nonsense that it is, one that they will eventually u-turn on just like the did before, and look at the grind, for me, the long way to go is not really the issue. It is doing the same content I have been doing for years to get that xp. I have 26 levels of cxp across a few toons, and as a solo player heroics and dailies through the galactic command interface (which is very good itself) is my main source of progression. But what does that mean in reality?

It means that at level 70, my best way of progressing is by doing stuff I first did on the day this game launched 5 years ago (Dromund Kaas heroics). And I have to do them a lot to get anywhere. Now, over the years I have done daily missions endlessly to get my tokens for gear, I don't care about best stuff, but getting 208/216 by doing these missions was fine for me (and 156 or 180 stuff before it). Because the time per toon was relatively short, it didn't bother me that it was old content, there was something I could work towards.

I've been thinking about the changes now, and why it bothers me so much, and I think the fact its old content is becoming an issue because the end is nowhere to be seen, not only to get to higher levels of galactic command, but of getting anything worthwhile from boxes at all.

Had this expansion brought in some new daily content areas on the new planets, I doubt that I would have been as annoyed about CXP as I am, likewise had I been able to plan a route to get gear using the old content, I would have been fine as I always have been,

It is the combination of endless grind and no new content that is really making the game unplayable for me. No new content, long grind. Devs, don't stack them, pick one or the other.

Edited by Voblat

5.0 - the great screwing.

PvPers got screwed.

Raiders got screwed.

Casuals got screwed.

Solo'ers got screwed.

The only people that didn't are Sun, Eli and Aowin...

too many people were complaining that raiders and pvpers were being screwed inconsistently. so they decided to screw everyone equally for now on.

but we did get those exciting rng boxes so everything should be good right?

5.0 - the great screwing.

PvPers got screwed.

Raiders got screwed.

Casuals got screwed.

Solo'ers got screwed.

The only people that didn't are Sun, Eli and Aowin...

Don't forget rare collectable items that got screwed after not being in game for 5 years till now, thanks Biofail