Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Over 100% acc, still missing

MelliMelon
12.06.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1
Hey, I know that my secondary weapon doesn't have 100% acc, but I was attacking the training dummy, and even my mainhand hits were missing ("dodge"). Do operations dummies have a high passive defensive stat? I didn't know they did?

For operations, should I stack higher than 100% accuracy?

Darth_Dreselus
12.06.2012 , 05:07 PM | #2
Operation bosses (and as such Operation dummies) have 10% defence to M/R attacks.

You say you have 100% accuracy, do you mean the tool tip Ranged accuracy? If you mouse over it you will see that special attacks have 10% more (base of 100%) and the only attack that has base of 90% is flurry of bolts. You would need 20% to bring that up to unmissable levels and that is just a waste of rating. As long as your special ranged attacks are at 110% you should not miss.

Also how many Ranged v Tech attacks do you use.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

MelliMelon
12.06.2012 , 05:18 PM | #3
Currently I have 104.87% ranged accuracy (so 104.87% basic accuracy and 114.87% special attacks accuracy. I thought special meant tech. Assuming it doesn't now).

Operations I'm DF, so most is ranged, except for XS, dots, and sabo.

Junostorm
12.07.2012 , 08:09 AM | #4
I run with 99.89% Ranged ACC as Sab/DF Hybrid and I rarely if ever see a dodge/miss with MH attacks vs. an Ops dummy.

How is your crit multi with that high of a Ranged ACC? Mine sits at 75.92% with 99.89% Ranged ACC.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

oaceen
12.09.2012 , 04:03 AM | #5
i'm assuming that only your flurry of bolts was missing?

i'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but from what i understand, it works like this:

raid bosses have 10% defense rating

basic attacks (flurry of bolts, hammershot, saber strike, etc.) have 90% accuracy, but other ranged/melee attacks actually have 100% like tech/force attacks (even though they're listed together in the character panel tooltip)
the reason you still need 10% accuracy for ranged attacks is to account for that 10% defense rating, but unless you have 120% ranged accuracy, flurry of bolts will always have a chance to miss.

was another attack missing aside from flurry of bolts?

Dragonbgone
12.10.2012 , 11:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i'm assuming that only your flurry of bolts was missing?

i'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but from what i understand, it works like this:

raid bosses have 10% defense rating

basic attacks (flurry of bolts, hammershot, saber strike, etc.) have 90% accuracy, but other ranged/melee attacks actually have 100% like tech/force attacks (even though they're listed together in the character panel tooltip)
the reason you still need 10% accuracy for ranged attacks is to account for that 10% defense rating, but unless you have 120% ranged accuracy, flurry of bolts will always have a chance to miss.

was another attack missing aside from flurry of bolts?
I would agree here, but the bosses only have 8% defense chance. (And yes, every attack but your flurry of bolts will count your tech accuracy).

So, with 108% tech accuracy on my sniper the only attack that is dodged is rifle shot. It's the same on my smuggler but the offhand misses quite a bit. The offhand missing is fine though.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Tibbel
12.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
bosses only have 8% defense chance.
The testing I have seen disagrees. With a 95% confidence, the set of test data at the link above puts boss defense between 9.40% and 10.50%.