Had problems but still cool

4- BH

5- SI

Mostly subpar with some good moments scattered about

6- SM

7- TR

Absolutely atrocious, good luck staying awake

8- JC

I don't get this. I hit level 50 last night as JC. I've leveled the whole way with my gf playing her JK, and we've both taken the other to all our class missions.

I've loved the JC story, and don't feel even the slightest bit that I've been shortchanged compared to the JK one.

I find the IA story to be very overrated, it has a few interesting twists and two very good chapter endings (1 and 2), but it's nowhere close to what people seem to think. My personal favorite is Jedi Consular though, don't care what people say, I love the mystery aspect of it. BH has some really great companions who make the story much better than it would have been otherwise. Both JK and SW does exactly what you expect, which is both good and bad. SI has an interesting basis, but oh dear that chapter 2 throws everything off the path. Smuggler and Troopers are both kind of....meh in my opinion. Good in theory, but feels more like watching an episode based TV show, nothing really keeps the different planets together.

My personal rating would be:

JC 9/10

SW 8/10

JK 8/10

BH 8/10

SI 7/10

IA 7/10

T 6/10

S 6/10

That said, everyone has a different opinion, and none of them are wrong.

Edited by Mitheril

I find the IA story to be very overrated, it has a few interesting twists and two very good chapter endings (1 and 2), but it's nowhere close to what people seem to think. My personal favorite is Jedi Consular though, don't care what people say, I love the mystery aspect of it. BH has some really great companions who make the story much better than it would have been otherwise. Both JK and SW does exactly what you expect, which is both good and bad. SI has an interesting basis, but oh dear that chapter 2 throws everything off the path. Smuggler and Troopers are both kind of....meh in my opinion. Good in theory, but feels more like watching an episode based TV show, nothing really keeps the different planets together.

My personal rating would be:

JC 9/10

SW 8/10

JK 8/10

BH 8/10

SI 7/10

IA 7/10

T 6/10

S 6/10

That said, everyone has a different opinion, and none of them are wrong.

I agree about the IA story, just finished it a few days ago. I now have a 50 BH and IA, and I'd have to say the IA story is great but not amazing.

I wanted to comment on what you said about BH's though and point out that its important to remember some stories are better in different areas.

While I'd say the IA had a much more complex, intriguing, and gripping story, the IA's companions were weak. In the BH story you actually feel like a team. It's commonplace to be having conversations where all the companions gather around the holo-terminal and decide how their going to go about the next mission, your dialogue choices earning/losing you rep for ALL your companions at once. You feel like you're in a kick *** BH team with your character as the star and leader.

In the IA story your companions feel like they are all connected to you, but don't want to interact with the other companions much at all. Your companions are seriously all gathered for a conversation a number of two, maybe three times.

Overall I'd have given the BH story an 8/10 and IA 8.5 or 9/10.

Edited by DirtyStain

Have done only Jedi Consular, full light side. But I like a lot our third chapter.

First Chapter - 6/10 good and Star Wars but lacks that certain magic to make it special

Second Chapter - 3/10 grinding kind of phase

Third Chapter - 9/10 very Star Wars is all I can say ;)

Edited by limenutpen

Imo the BH story is really lame, it's just a silly reason to collect bounties and it's poorly written (the Taris part is awful). The SW story is just like you imagine it; last part of each chapter is really good. Edited by AlfiereDBC

To be honest, the "fun" factor of each class story will also be influenced by your Force alignment.

I found my DS aligned Sith Inquisitor story to be cliche and thoughtlessly evil. Yet I've found the complete opposite as a LS aligned Sith Warrior. Considering the SW's boss, the standard LS tactic of "take them alive" actually makes sense. Also there have been some really rich and interesting story opportunities that a DS aligned SW would have never chosen.

For example, I saw a fellow Marauder spamming chat on one of the worlds because he couldn't beat our storyline quest boss on that world. When I asked him about why it was so difficult for him since the game provides you with bonus NPCs to help you in the fight, I received pure silence as my response. After about a minute, he asked me about what I meant. "Well when you made the <blah blah blah> decision, this created a bonus choice in your current story dialogue. This choice gave us extra minions for the fight." Whoops! It turns out that since he always hit DS choices like a cliche robot, he prevented this bonus option from every appearing. Even though the original situation made the LS choice make a certain amount of sense, that other player still went hardcore DS. As a result, his story was consistently a thoughtless hackmaster fest while I managed to have a deeply complex story that allowed me to collect and use minions in various key moments in the story.

A lot of times I didn't like that the Imperial Agent story was so similar to the planet storylines that I couldn't tell I was doing a class quest unless I looked in my quest log.

That's actually one of the things that made the IA story GREAT to me. It blended so seamlessly into the planet's storyline that it made the entire planet feel like it was part of the IA story.

It never felt like "I'm here to do X, but I'm getting sidetracked on fifty million other random, unrelated things, yawn".

Each planet was one giant class quest. :) Even Balmorra didn't feel as tedious with the agent as it did with the other classes I've run through there on.

I guess it depends on how you look at it though.

Edited by LyriaFrost

+1 for lightside SW....

On Voss ATM, but so far its been a blast. A good many of these quests would have been impossible for me to solo (I'm under-leveled, haven't grinded / pvp'd at all) without trying to work out a peaceful solution, which in many cases gives me allies, avoids fights altogether, or half the enemies accept the surrender and don't fight me.

Of course, thats not to say I only make light side choices... in act 3 I made quite a few dark side choices. I do not forgive betrayers or cowards...

• 3 weeks later...

It really boils down to what you, as a person, enjoy.

I started an IA because I read on the forums the story was interesting. I'm picking light and dark side choices based on how I feel about the particular situation, so right now I am more light than dark. I am not really getting in to the IA story as much as I did with my smugglers story, but I am also only on Balmorra and it's been okay so far.

Out of the SW and JK story lines, I think the SW is more interesting but I didn't really dig playing either class that much.

Between BH and Trooper, I like the trooper better. I just enjoy playing that class more as well as the story.

SI and JC, I really like the SI a lot more than the JC, the JC just seemed more boring to me. Also, Khem Val is really cool.

So my ranks, based on my personal preferences in terms of class and story are as follows:

Smuggler

Trooper

IA

SI

BH

SW/JK (feel about the same with these)

JC

Also, I really just enjoy playing republic side more than imperial side. NPCs are just so mean on the imperial side :(, sometimes I just want to hug a Sith and tell them that it will be okay.

I have a JC(16ish), JK(23ish), Smug(11ish), Trooper(11ish), and BH(18ish). My favorite story so far is BH. Part is because it is so different from the goodie goodie side. It has kept my interest and is a visually fun class to play. Part is I just like the voice actor sarcasm. Also I play how I feel. I dont choose dark side just to choose dark side. After reading this thread I think my next one may be an IA.

I played all 8 classes, 2 of them twice. Although I have not even completed any of the chapter ones yet I have completed all of them till the end of the capital planet. Here are my impressions.

Imperial

Sith Warrior : Korriban was interesting with a mini finale but the capital is forgetful and no mini-finale. Main antagonist is not clear at this time. I played the warrior as a pure light side which is quite interesting to say the least.

Sith Inquisitor : Korriban was similar to sith warrior but with a twist. Of all the force users, the lightsaber quest is a non-event. Capital planet ends with a mini-finale and a sort of mini-twist and some intrigue. Main antagonist is not clear at this time.

Agent : Hutta was quite boring. I guess many people likes it because Agents came with twists and turns. At least one twist each for Hutta and capital. Main antagonist is somewhat clear at this point in time.

Bounty Hunter : The twist came early in Hutta but also lacks emotional impact. Hutta itself is also average. The capital planet quests are however, very interesting. Ends with TWO mini-finale. Main antagonist is clear at level 3...:)

Republic

Jedi Consular : Tython is mainly forgettable but the lightsaber construction is a major portion and serves as a mini-finale. A small twist at the end of Tython. Capital planet quests revolves around solving the twist. And then after that more of the same which is why many people feel it is boring. Only interesting if you are the self-sacrificing, scholarly type. Main antagonist is slowly revealed after capital planet, making it an mystery.

Jedi Knight : Tython is similar to JC. You have a early antagonist and finale with light saber crafting. Depending on your light side/dark side choice, the outcome may be a bit different in terms of later set up. This is the only class I have not played the capital planet yet.

Smuggler : This has got to be the most funny class to play (at least as a male, jerk *** roguish type). I have chuckled at some of the dialogue choices I made myself. Story is very personal, with mini finale at the end of Ord Mantell and a sort of significant moment finale at the end of the capital planet with a surprise at the end. The surprise will then lead to a bit of boring storylines (but funny conversation). Good for players who don't want to care much of the conflict and who likes to role play the Malcolm Reynolds, pre-ANH Han Solo type. Main antagonist is revealed early, around level 1 or 2...

Trooper : The class with the closest link to the republic storyline. A big twist at the end of Ord Mantell with the reveal of what I think as the main antagonist. Capital planet quests are a follow up of the manure that hits the rotating blades. Best played as a heroic soldier.

Note : As mentioned, most classes are played till we get the starship. So the "main antagonists" I mentioned may not actually be the main ones if there are twists. So please don't spoil us. :)

ive played through most of the stories, consular story was fair but not that good, inquisitor story was great but got stale after i hit level 20... trooper was great and agent was epic....smuggler looks cool but for me it was average.

• 2 months later...