Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Stronghold


blackphantome's Avatar


blackphantome
07.27.2016 , 03:26 AM | #31
I like the idea having a space station but it would make much more sence for a guild - but of course: a space station for your own is cool, too.

But I would prefer having a Terminator class ship for a player that is able to join the fleet of your guild (it is the class of ship Marr has in chapter 1),
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
07.27.2016 , 03:37 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by blackphantome View Post
I like the idea having a space station but it would make much more sence for a guild - but of course: a space station for your own is cool, too.

But I would prefer having a Terminator class ship for a player that is able to join the fleet of your guild (it is the class of ship Marr has in chapter 1),
Yeah a Space Station as a Guild Stronghold would work just brilliantly.

And how about this: for the Conquest Event allow the Space Station to be moved into orbit around the planet being fought over. Alternatively allow the winning Guild to have their Space Station in orbit around that planet until the next Conquest Event.

And when a normal ship travels to that planet allow them to see in the approach cut scene all the Space Station contesting that planet.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
07.27.2016 , 04:31 AM | #33
I wouldn't mind a new stronghold, but I hope they add fleet chat to it this time, or maybe even to all of them as a toggle command.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

Nevaeh-Heaven's Avatar


Nevaeh-Heaven
07.27.2016 , 05:23 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

New group content would dwarf the number who return for a new house.
No I don't think he is suggesting that, What he is saying is new group content wont either. I agree I don't think it will. If BW brought out 5 new OP's within two weeks Op's players would be saying, done them to death and demand more.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordDelectus View Post
This we can agree on. I would prioritize new ops, new gear levels and a switch up of gear drops over anything else.

This is part of the issue, asking for better gear as Op rewards then going on to use that gear in open world PvP is why so many ran from PvP servers to begin with. You really are your own worst enemies. Since the reworking of PvP instances, most are still empty. BW taking away expertise gear from the venders except level 65 did not help either. BW should either put it back for all levels or removed totally.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessechu View Post
We have been in the Kotfe for a while now, and I was wondering:
Will there be coming any new Strongholds soon?


As for the OP's question about a new stronghold. Not something I personally am after. However if there is a new one, then something mobile such as a ship would be better than a planet-side one, at least for me.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.27.2016 , 07:55 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevaeh-Heaven View Post
No I don't think he is suggesting that, What he is saying is new group content wont either. I agree I don't think it will. If BW brought out 5 new OP's within two weeks Op's players would be saying, done them to death and demand more.
Then what would you add to the game? Nothing? Leave it as is? Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo...the population has never been thinner. So...alternative group content? Dynamic content? What would you add to return life to this game and make it an MMO again?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rhysling's Avatar


Rhysling
07.27.2016 , 08:17 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I'd like a space-station stronghold, and allow us to choose which planet it is orbit around.

Maybe have that choice affect the "blank canvas" of the stronghold, with subtle differences in style, color etc.

All The Best
Very good idea.

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
07.27.2016 , 08:24 AM | #37
Oricon
Give me an Oricon stronghold with ocassional chat lines from Dread Masters! It is a nice shiny depressive planet which is accessible for both factions. not like Dromund Kaas. I feel dirty whenever it says I had to be smuggled there

Aldebaraan
Yes, we have Yavin 4, but some of us would like to see more mountain view :-) Face it, properly positioned it would be awesome.

With one of these I would be happy as a squirrel with nutts =)

I would love to have a Hoth SH because I love the Hoth soundtrack, it is so calming...

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
07.27.2016 , 08:29 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by jessechu View Post
We have been in the Kotfe for a while now, and I was wondering:
Will there be coming any new Strongholds soon?

I've been eagerly waiting for new Strongholds but I have heard nothing yet so i thought why not just ask.

and also wouldn't it be a great idea to be able to have more strongholds then four?
You can have 5, which means you can have one of each:

(1) Corscuant
(2) Drumond Kaas
(3) Nar Shadda
(4) Tattoine
(5) Yavin

They changed this a few months back.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
07.27.2016 , 08:36 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Then what would you add to the game? Nothing? Leave it as is? Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo...the population has never been thinner. So...alternative group content? Dynamic content? What would you add to return life to this game and make it an MMO again?
Have you ever played Rift?

The reason I ask is because of how it handles landscape group content - ie when a Rift appears. Anyone in the vicinity is automatically added to a group to combat that specific menace.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Rift as such, but that one auto-group mechanism seems to me to be a hugely beneficial idea; because in all the time I played Rift I never once saw to kind of "toxic" haranguing that so often accompanies the "group scene" in MMORPGs. And because of that when I did play Rift I spent a significant amount of that time in groups; and that filtered through to doing actual instanced group content as well.

In a lot of MMORPGS, and SWTOR is by no means immune to this, there's a significant "hassle barrier" to grouping up. You can see it on Fleet in SWTOR every night: "LFG for X, must know tacs, link gear and achis". Or something similar. It seems to me that Group oriented players are often their own worst enemy - erecting barriers to new entrants to group content, and the constantly complaining that because not enough people do group content the Devs aren't delivering new group content.

Now, please understand, I am not saying you have done this personally - but it is an accurate description of what I encountered the times I have tried to get into group content in SWTOR - and in the end the hassle becomes... ...well... ...too much hassle, and I just stick with solo, story driven content.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
07.27.2016 , 08:40 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Have you ever played Rift?

The reason I ask is because of how it handles landscape group content - ie when a Rift appears. Anyone in the vicinity is automatically added to a group to combat that specific menace.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Rift as such, but that one auto-group mechanism seems to me to be a hugely beneficial idea; because in all the time I played Rift I never once saw to kind of "toxic" haranguing that so often accompanies the "group scene" in MMORPGs. And because of that when I did play Rift I spent a significant amount of that time in groups; and that filtered through to doing actual instanced group content as well.

In a lot of MMORPGS, and SWTOR is by no means immune to this, there's a significant "hassle barrier" to grouping up. You can see it on Fleet in SWTOR every night: "LFG for X, must know tacs, link gear and achis". Or something similar. It seems to me that Group oriented players are often their own worst enemy - erecting barriers to new entrants to group content, and the constantly complaining that because not enough people do group content the Devs aren't delivering new group content.

Now, please understand, I am not saying you have done this personally - but it is an accurate description of what I encountered the times I have tried to get into group content in SWTOR - and in the end the hassle becomes... ...well... ...too much hassle, and I just stick with solo, story driven content.

All The Best
Much of the time people on fleet who need you to prove your worth are either wanting a free run and be carried, or are trying to do HM/NiM where you had better know what you are doing. The second group, I'd say is a reasonable request, the first group? Freeloaders.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.