Character selection screen is ruined..

BrintoSFJ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is back to old close up view, i know it was a bug but still i loved it and i am sure many others too. it looked quite nice, i am really really sad that it has been "fixed" instead of being worked on to make it an option..

i enjoy the close up view i think it is pretty awesome myself because if you got the graphics up they look good in the face view

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Haven't been able to log in yet, but if they changed it back I am totally happy about this. In my view it was annoying as I prefer the normal view.

The normal view was still there - click another toon, click back, done. Why would you be happy than something people enjoyed was removed? Are you that against other people having options?! Weird dude...

BOOO!!! That was a fantastic "bug"...it's too bad they worked on this rather than one of the billion other issues they could have.

Honestly this... I don't think I ever saw a complaint about it, people just stating that it was happening :(

Why would you be happy than something people enjoyed was removed? Are you that against other people having options?! Weird dude...

Not everyone likes the same thing. Of course someone will be happy when they get a view they like.

The normal view was still there - click another toon, click back, done. Why would you be happy than something people enjoyed was removed? Are you that against other people having options?! Weird dude...

I would have been fine with a toggle, but when I log out of with a charakter, I want to see their face and not the, in my opinion, very strange view that he bug gave. Since I tend to log in and out a lot on my characters, it annoyed me. I am sorry for those who enjoyed the bug, but I am happy, because I am no longer annoyed by the bug.

And I am solely stating my opinion it is you who are attacking me because I have a different opinion.

Exactly how much time are some of you people spending on the character selection screen?

EXACTLY! It's like people are just sitting there in the log-in menu just staring at their character dreamily and never logging in. You can stare at your character in-game with a zoomed-out view! XD

thank gawd they fixed it... it was dumb looking with it looking like a stage piece where you could see over/around the walls and the star field backdrop beyond... if it didn't look so lame like maybe looking like the inside of my Fury instead of a photo-booth prop, i'd feel different... it was simply zoomed way too far out that it just looked corny...

EXACTLY! It's like people are just sitting there in the log-in menu just staring at their character dreamily and never logging in. You can stare at your character in-game with a zoomed-out view! XD

And personally I didn't like it. There was something odd about the characters' postures. Not enough to make me ask for it for be removed, but I still didn't like it.

I haven't checked it yet after the patch but I prefer the original one.

Also, a lot of people have issues when other people ask for a toggle, whenever the latter find something displeasing; the 12x XP that comes with pre-ordering SoR is case in point.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

And personally I didn't like it. There was something odd about the characters' postures. Not enough to make me ask for it for be removed, but I still didn't like it.

Did you not realize you could get it back your preferred way by simply *clicking* another character? The issue I have is that now, for the people who liked it, they have no ability to get it back. You did.

I liked the bugged perspective (great for taking character screenshots, which is always difficult in game). Seemed as though everybody I ever talked to liked it, as well. I understand why they felt had to fix it (it was, after all, a bug), but at the same time, they didn't really have to.

Even accounting for the people in this thread who didn't like it, it seems as though the extent to which they didn't like it doesn't compare with the extent to which others actually /did/ like it.