Im glad i dont live in europe

bheta

Schedule maintenance during the peak hours, that must really be a kicker.

I would be down, to switch on and off for maintenance times. so they don't get screwed as often.

Any other Americans agree?

How about the Europeites?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be down, to switch on and off for maintenance times. so they don't get screwed as often.

I'm Europe based, it doesn't affect me in the slightest as I work from 8 - 7 anyways

Daytime is not peak hours in Europe. Now, obviously, even less people play from 2 am till 8 am but still, doesnt change the basic point.

Mind you, if they moved it to say 2 am for Europe then the US would be down during their peak time, its fine with me if thats what you'd prefer :D

PS: Its Europeans.

Edited by MrTijger

I hear it all the time from Euro friends about the maintenance. They're plenty ticked about it. They don't think they'll last long.

Personally I'm surprised they have not made them separate yet. It really should be done, we're talking a third of the day variance.

Why? WoW maintenance will sometimes go all day. Hell, I live in the USA, and maintenance cuts into my game time, I play late at night, and early in the morning. That's part of the mmo scene. I deal with it.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

And if they do separate them, guess what will happen... Your severs will all go from Normal to Full while the US is down... Why? Because not only do you have the US people who are up at that time of the morning still wanting to play, you will have the rest of the world wanting to still play.

Maintenance is 7PM here in Australia. That is right in our peak time. So yeah, you would get pretty much cop every playing aussie, creating Alts on European servers.

So which is worse? Not being able to play due to maintenance or not being able to login due to full servers??

Edited by SirSlayAlot

We have jobs dnt sit on arse eating mcdonalds super sized and game all day

If day time was such an offpeak time the NA would have chose it as it's preferred time for maintenance but it's not. Because the true off peak time is the middle of the night.

The EU region also stretches across a few time zones.

It is not convenient the way they do it now. There is a player base on during the days just like in other MMOs.

We are essentially second class customers. If they continue this pattern when they launch in the Oceanic region on 1st March they will also have third class customers if they do not do something about their we only do maintenance at NA region preferred times.

If their NA region customer base is so damned important to them when why not do it 2am in their preferred NA region timezone and then do it at the next 2am thereafter at GMT or CET.

And indeed they'll need to accommodate the Oceanic region after they officially launch over there as the preferred NA region time for maintenance falls smack bam in their prime time.

Being european myself, I could not care less about the maintenance hours as I have to work during that period of day and am unable to play anyway.

Reading in the forum is another matter...

Edited by Aiwan

omg .. the game is down for a few hours *ONE* time in a week ..

Judging by some peoples reactions its probably a damn good thing, and it should be a health requirement for it to go down so people take their faces away from their computers and do something else.

edit: tbh, most the very small amount of replies in this thread couldnt care less and prefer the maintenance where it is, kudos to them.

Edited by Jobedy

Perhaps hike up the cost of euro subscriptions to pay for the staff needed at the time of day to run the euro maintenance? Sounds like a solid plan.

We Europeans already pay more than you lot. Something to do with the dollar being worth jack ***** :)

Euro player here. Has not affected me personally in the slightest so far. My peak hours are 6pm-midnight and weekends. Personally I prefer that they do these regularly in the beginning to smooth out some of the bigger bugs. I think they are planning to limit them to once a week in the future - tuesdays which is of course even better. Cant complain. ;)

Maintence in Europe is during the morning, when people are either working or at school. Even if you are unenmployed or just skipping work/school, I suppose that for a few hours a week you could do something different and maybe productive, for a change....

I wish we would have the down times they get in Europe..

When the servers go offline for maintenance, usually 2 AM CST, it is only 10 PM for me.. and yes, I am actually in the US. Many players I know play at night, either PST or HST, and the down times are always in our peak times. I honestly don't see what Europe is complaining about (mind you, I'm European myself, just living at the other end of the world).

We Europeans already pay more than you lot. Something to do with the dollar being worth jack ***** :)

While there is truth that the dollar is weak at the moment, this leading to Europeans paying more is flawed. The weaker the dollar the less you should have to pay if they (Bioware) wanted the same say $15/mo from you that they get from US players. With a weak dollar it would take less Euros (or British Pounds) to equal 1 dollar.

Just my guess, but I would venture to say the real reason European costs are higher is because there are higher and more taxes in Europe than there are in the US. I would bet for most European nations for instance, Bioware probably has to add the VAT tax to the sub prices. The US does not have a VAT (national sales) tax. Actually, in the US if the transaction happens online, most states don't even require sales tax for the state be added to the transaction.

Edited by onstorm