A Petition to disney

HuskerLMG

Hello all, the thread says it all but here is a quick disclaimer. I in no way believe or am saying the new movies are going to automatically suck and that we should head them off before it gets going.

The aim here is to try and respectfully ask what Disney and lucas should have done for the Fans before purging all this canon to make it easier to make their movies.

And finally what i am asking here is that all our voices be heard, and to be given a choice.

The proposal

As such what I am proposing is an international referendum regarding the canon status of all Expanded universe material from the dawn of the Jedi series up to and including the clone wars period.

This is a petition aimed at protecting and expanding great stories like the great hyperspace war, The knights of the old republic, Star wars the old republic, The Bane trilogy, The Clone Commando Triliogy, from certain negligence and obscurity with the hope that maybe Disney will make movies and expanded the content of this colorful era.

The reason for just this period

As much as i would have like to seen post ROTS material included in a vote i doubt Disney would accept such a request as it would or could interfere with their movies. However this period will not interfere all that much with the new movies, as the material is written to conform with the origional saga as the new movies will as well, which give it the best chance to survive, and also has the best chance for screen adaptation and further expansion.

The goal ultimately

The goal is to save material that is beloved but is also profitable to Disney. To keep a little of the past if we can. To keep a period that is largely very well written and put together.

Ultimately if we can get enough signatures I or perhaps a more influential user here will send this to as many people up at Lucas film and hope it is given consideration.

Other wise if we don't get enough signatures we let this matter die, and the EU we loved so much goes will follow it into obscurity.

With that thanks, and i hope you will all spread the word, so that we can give this game and much of the old EU a future, and in so doing give this game we love a future.

I'm kind of doubtful about Disney listening to its fans considering Lucas downright ignored his but I'm with you all the way on this. Star Wars without both Pre-movie and Post-movie material is a much smaller and more dull universe. Pre-movie material does zero harm to the movies and continued progression of the timeline. Edited by Neltronluur

Disney didn't purge any canon. the onlyr real canon came from lucas, not from EU writers.

the only thing the story group did was change what EU material is called... its legends now instead of c-canon and the other canon ratings. lucas was never bound by EU material before and now the story group isn't bound to it either. so nothing has actually changed or been purged.

Edited by MiaRB

I totally agree with you dude but here's the thing, Disney doesn't give a S#!t about us. Disney has slapped every fan of the EU right across the face and they could care less. As such it is our responsibility to treat the new films as fanfics. The EU has precedence here and Disney has no right to invalidate every author who has written concerning the Star Wars Universe. And for those who say "the EU sucked anyways," let me pointout that that means that Starkiller (who beat the crap out of Vader and Palpatine and pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky) no longer exists. Darth Talon is scratched, as is Lowbacca, Tahiri Veila, Darth Caedus, Mara Jade, Dash Rendar, and every other character who was born from the EU that we have come to love (who can say Darth Talon and Mara Jade were horrible spawns of the EU?).

I totally agree with you dude but here's the thing, Disney doesn't give a S#!t about us. Disney has slapped every fan of the EU right across the face and they could care less. As such it is our responsibility to treat the new films as fanfics. The EU has precedence here and Disney has no right to invalidate every author who has written concerning the Star Wars Universe. And for those who say "the EU sucked anyways," let me pointout that that means that Starkiller (who beat the crap out of Vader and Palpatine and pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky) no longer exists. Darth Talon is scratched, as is Lowbacca, Tahiri Veila, Darth Caedus, Mara Jade, Dash Rendar, and every other character who was born from the EU that we have come to love (who can say Darth Talon and Mara Jade were horrible spawns of the EU?).

something has to be valid before it can be invalidated. EU was NEVER valid when it came to movies or stories that lucas created. did you think that just because lucas sold SW that the EU would all of a sudden be on equal footing with Lucas's work?

as I said, EU material is in the exact same place as it was before, other than having a new term applied to it. so no slaps in the face or any of that.

when someone said Disney doesn't care about us? they where half right. the hard core fans are only a PIECE of the puzzle for Disney. hHere's the thing, yes Disney wants to make money off us, they want us to be happy. BUT, not at the cost of everyone else. there's a much bigger market of casual SW fans Disney wants, indeed NEEDS to tap. as such they can't HAVE the EU be fully in place. otherwise you're gonna go see the movie and have people wodner why Chewbacca is gone. they're not gonna be happy if they're told he was killed in some obscure 15 year old book by "that Drizzit guy". I'm sure they'll borrow concepts and even characters from the EU, but to be blunt keeping the EU 100% intact would, for a studio that wants to make a sequal trilogy, be absolutly TERRIABLE

when someone said Disney doesn't care about us? they where half right. the hard core fans are only a PIECE of the puzzle for Disney. hHere's the thing, yes Disney wants to make money off us, they want us to be happy. BUT, not at the cost of everyone else. there's a much bigger market of casual SW fans Disney wants, indeed NEEDS to tap. as such they can't HAVE the EU be fully in place. otherwise you're gonna go see the movie and have people wodner why Chewbacca is gone. they're not gonna be happy if they're told he was killed in some obscure 15 year old book by "that Drizzit guy". I'm sure they'll borrow concepts and even characters from the EU, but to be blunt keeping the EU 100% intact would, for a studio that wants to make a sequal trilogy, be absolutly TERRIABLE

and that's why I feel the these new movies should be treated as glorified fanfics.