Let us move!

SithVeritas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting ridiculous, still zero responses from BioWare about this matter.

Either merge other servers with ours, or let us move. We're the only ones who didn't benefit from consolidations.

And I'm not paying for 1 PvE/PvP pop per hour.

Yep. Completely agree. I have 10 days left on subscription. If I dont hear anything, im not renewing.

Its sad when you see other servers with multiple shards with 200+ people per shard, and we have Jung Ma.

BW needs to give us an answer....this is getting ridiculous.

There's been many responses actually.

Just not over the forums.

I think BW should give us a bit more than "Sorry".

I will be honest in that, I rolled up a character on The Harbringer to level 10, just to see the fleet and I could not believe what I saw. 8:45am PST and there were over 350+ people on the fleet. Thats awesome.

I am very frustrated right now because I am having trouble finding groups for flashpoints and warzones take awhile to pop. I have limited playing time and when I log on, the population is very low. The point being, I feel like I am being short changed on the experience of playing SWTOR. I mean, it is a MMO right? The whole idea is to group up with other people and go out and have fun. How can you do that when you dont have enough people to group up with?

When/where did they respond?

Inter-personal discussions.

I am a member of many guilds. One of them happens to be Dark Empire.

Here's some of the responses we've received directly from the CSRs and above, retyped so as to hide personal information.

Dear -----------,

Thank you for chatting with me today in game concerning experienced with server populations on Jung Ma.

I can only imagine the frustration you and your guild must be feeling at this time and I hope that I will be able to provide you with a more positive update when we chat in the next 48 hours.

Please however note that character transfers, at this time, is not a case of "wont" but a case of "cant". Our development team are currently finalising the server consolidation process and I imagine service will resume as normal much sooner rather than later. It is my hope to put your and your guilds mind at ease in the knowledge that we are aware and working towards making server transfers available once more. There is a chance that I may be unable to provide you with any more concrete update however I will do my very best to address this issue.

Thank you for your constructive feedback in this matter, your guild is lucky to have a leader who holds their membership, participation and enjoyment in such high regard.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Regards,

George,

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

Which then lead to an in-game chat. Note that the person who wrote this response actually sought out our guy in-game. No action on our part to contact him.

G6-t0: Welcome to SWTOR: Customer Service. Greetings ----------, it's George. We spoke two days ago concerning server transfer. Thank you for your patience while I further investigated this matter.

--------------: Were you able to find out anything?

G6-t0: A little more information. As stated previously, server transfer is currently unavailable. This fact unfortunately still holds true, the action is not permitted byt customer service or our development team in Austin. I was however guided to a live stream that took place very recently which discussed this hot topic. Blaine Christine, George Smith, and Joveth Gonzalez mentioned in this video that, "Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future." The phrase 'near future' should be notied. Near future I personally believe is weeks and not months in this case. One must also consider the F2P option that will launch in November and the fact that this will bring some changes to the services we offer.

--------------: We are aware of the video, but were looking for something a bit more concrete. Were you able to speak to anyone in development or management about when "near future" might actually be?

G6-t0: The development do not make these plans public until they are ready, they will not release a date unless they are happy this action will take place. CSRs are not made aware of these plans, however this service is coming sooner rather than later, I understand.

--------------: Are people aware of the importance of this? If they check the forums for Jung Ma, they will see that everyone is requesting that the server be shuttered.

G6-t0: We are fully aware of this issue, however, please understand the action is currently not there. It can not be completed. We know how much this issue affects our players' experience, however, once this service is available, we will be acting on it as soon as possible.

--------------: Alright then, I guess. I'll do what I can to keep people engaged. I don't know who you are able to talk to, to relay this sentiments to, but if it's someone who makes decisions, please stress to them that this is costing them subscribers, not just in my guild, but across the entire server. People are leaving because the server is dead, and all they want is to be moved off it.

G6-t0: I will personally, directly, pass on your concerns to our community team. I will express your feelings as best as I can and hope your situation is clearly communicated and heard. I really do sympathize with your situation and admire the eloquent manner in which you have delivered your argument. I will do my very best to ensure your case is heard.

If you read what they wrote. It is NOT a server merger. The vampires are going to CHARGE you to move off this server. They have no intention of shutting it down.

It most likely takes a lot of dedicated effort because the servers are not linked by any technology. They will probably need to locate the data that holds just your account, put it on a disk, and load it into another server.

Instead of killing the server more, and moving off, how about we get people to come here? This server has a great community, and its not as dead as most people on these forums seem to think. Its an East Coast server, and its most active times are 5-11PM EST. I've seen PLENTY of people on the fleet, on both sides. Just because its less filled than Pot5 or some other server does NOT mean its dead.

Not to mention, when F2P hits, the population will increase as well.

People need to cool off and help the server, not kill it. Jung Ma was my first server, and I find it to still be the best, even with less people. Help it grow, don't kill it. Advertise Jung Ma's awesome community of Roleplayers and PvPers. Its what makes our server unique.

Doesn't anyone have Server pride anymore? I sure do. I know 177 other people in my guild who also agree with me, and another couple hundred in other guilds. Quite crying and do something productive about it.

Jung ma is dead.

No pvp worth playing. Hell you never even que up against anything other than your own faction

Pve NEVER pops

Everyday the few people on simply complain about the dead server in general chat

Which is good because that means there are some people left who still want to play

But when people get tired of waiting in fleet for the nonexistent que pop , and then stop caring about complainING about it

THEY WILL QUIT THE GAME

MERGE US WITH POT5

GIVE US TRANSFERS

OR WE WILL BE GONE

it is inevitable.

Instead of killing the server more, and moving off, how about we get people to come here? This server has a great community, and its not as dead as most people on these forums seem to think. Its an East Coast server, and its most active times are 5-11PM EST. I've seen PLENTY of people on the fleet, on both sides. Just because its less filled than Pot5 or some other server does NOT mean its dead.

Not to mention, when F2P hits, the population will increase as well.

People need to cool off and help the server, not kill it. Jung Ma was my first server, and I find it to still be the best, even with less people. Help it grow, don't kill it. Advertise Jung Ma's awesome community of Roleplayers and PvPers. Its what makes our server unique.

Doesn't anyone have Server pride anymore? I sure do. I know 177 other people in my guild who also agree with me, and another couple hundred in other guilds. Quite crying and do something productive about it.

What server are you playing on? Republic side never got over 90 people in fleet last night. As a healer I logged after sitting 30 minutes in the queue.

Jung ma is dead.

No pvp worth playing. Hell you never even que up against anything other than your own faction

Pve NEVER pops

Everyday the few people on simply complain about the dead server in general chat

Which is good because that means there are some people left who still want to play

But when people get tired of waiting in fleet for the nonexistent que pop , and then stop caring about complainING about it

THEY WILL QUIT THE GAME

MERGE US WITH POT5

GIVE US TRANSFERS

OR WE WILL BE GONE

it is inevitable.

Yep. It sucks horribly right now.

I was on last with my operative healer. I queued up for some flashpoints as a helaer and DPS. Guess what. I never got a pop for 2 hours. 2 hours!! That is unacceptable.

BW is dropping the ball big time on this server.

Dark Empire already let and went to Pot5. Other guilds are leaving as well.

More people are going to leave/unsub if transfers do not get here quickly. I dont think most people are going to reroll on another server when they put a ton of effort into their Legacy on Jung Ma. I wont do that. I'll leave before rerolling.

Edited by thecoffeeguy

We need to keep this topic alive and fight. I re-rolled onto PoT5 ignoring my lvl 43 legacy and 3 50's. It sucks starting from scratch and it sucks more knowing that I have to start over because the game company doesn't care that it has a low pop server.

If I am not mistaken isn't Jung Ma the only remaining RP-PvP realm? I expect that this is, among other reasons, perhaps why free transfers have not been given, or at least why none have been openly spoken about yet.

All of us CHOSE to roll on an RP-PvP realm.. Be it Ajunta Pall, Jung Ma, Ven Zallow... It is not Bioware's fault that the majority of the SWTOR populace has gravitated towards different realms. Straight PvE or PvP realms have always been more popular in the MMO world and I don't see why Bioware should OWE anyone a free transfer just because this server category is less popular.

I understand that some of you are upset, and I understand your desire to move off of the server, but I just don't understand the purpose in firing up the internet hate machine against Bioware. They didn't make you roll RP-PvP :p

I am sure transfers will come eventually, just be chill! Be reminded that there are guilds on both factions that regularly engage in PvP and PvE content. If you feel like you're just not getting an adequate "fix" perhaps you might want to consider applying with a new community.

Edited by Gomatoe

If I am not mistaken isn't Jung Ma the only remaining RP-PvP realm? I expect that this is, among other reasons, perhaps why free transfers have not been given, or at least why none have been openly spoken about yet.

All of us CHOSE to roll on an RP-PvP realm.. Be it Ajunta Pall, Jung Ma, Ven Zallow... It is not Bioware's fault that the majority of the SWTOR populace has gravitated towards different realms. Straight PvE or PvP realms have always been more popular in the MMO world and I don't see why Bioware should OWE anyone a free transfer just because this server category is less popular.

I understand that some of you are upset, and I understand your desire to move off of the server, but I just don't understand the purpose in firing up the internet hate machine against Bioware. They didn't make you roll RP-PvP :p

I am sure transfers will come eventually, just be chill! Be reminded that there are guilds on both factions that regularly engage in PvP and PvE content. If you feel like you're just not getting an adequate "fix" perhaps you might want to consider applying with a new community.

This is also very true. If you rolled here, you must like RPvP, why else would you be here? They shouldn't force ALL of us to merge with a non-RPvP server. And they really don't owe people a free transfer. You rolled here, its not BW's fault you did. I agree with this guy 100%. Wait for Paid xfers or re-roll.

We are all getting off base here.

The main complaint with me is that yes we did roll on an RP-PvP server but this server does not offer the PvP that we expected.

-Open world PvP is non-existant (other then some stuff that the Alpha Company puts together)

-WZ ques take along time to pop averaging anywhere from 10 mins to 20-30 mins. Ques on PoT5 are nearly instant.

-RWZ's are a joke. It's made up of maybe 2-3 Imp and Repub guilds that farm the thrown together teams for comms.

The Jung Ma Community is a good one but shrinking. I would gladly do a paid transfer if it were an option. All most of us looking to leave want is for BioWare to hear us and pay attention to what we are looking for.

We are all getting off base here.

The main complaint with me is that yes we did roll on an RP-PvP server but this server does not offer the PvP that we expected.

-Open world PvP is non-existant (other then some stuff that the Alpha Company puts together)

-WZ ques take along time to pop averaging anywhere from 10 mins to 20-30 mins. Ques on PoT5 are nearly instant.

-RWZ's are a joke. It's made up of maybe 2-3 Imp and Repub guilds that farm the thrown together teams for comms.

The Jung Ma Community is a good one but shrinking. I would gladly do a paid transfer if it were an option. All most of us looking to leave want is for BioWare to hear us and pay attention to what we are looking for.

Not even that is left, now we just yell for 16 level 50 PUGs on the fleet and both queue at once. I haven't seen the Republic in action forever.

The RP-PVP server that I "CHOSE" to roll on at launch didn't have population issues, your point is invalid. I wasn't the one causing all the players to leave the game either, that's on Bioware. It's 100% their fault that me and my legacy are left to rot on a ghost server, and they absolutely owe us a way off of it. Player retention needs to be a top priority, and ignoring us flies in the face of that.

The RP-PVP server that I "CHOSE" to roll on at launch didn't have population issues, your point is invalid. I wasn't the one causing all the players to leave the game either, that's on Bioware. It's 100% their fault that me and my legacy are left to rot on a ghost server, and they absolutely owe us a way off of it. Player retention needs to be a top priority, and ignoring us flies in the face of that.

Exactly, I'm not sure what they're doing, doing all they can to rope in people who left but they don't seem concerned about us.

EDIT: Whatever, friends and I rerolled.

Edited by SithVeritas