Profession question?

Argonie

Hey guys. I have found a guide for professions which says special classes should prefer a special profession. Is this still valid with all the GTN changes? I am very new to this game so i better ask than level something which makes no sense.

Take this graph as an example:

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/SWTOR-Crew-Skills.jpg

Edited by Argonie

Hey guys. I have found a guide for professions which says special classes should prefer a special profession. Is this still valid with all the GTN changes? I am very new to this game so i better ask than level something which makes no sense. TY

What exactly do you mean with "special classes" and "special profession"?

And do you have a link to this specific guide?

What exactly do you mean with "special classes" and "special profession"?

And do you have a link to this specific guide?

i inserted a link in my OP of one of them as there are plenty out there on the www.

Edited by Argonie

At a guess you are looking at a pre-KotFE guide. Back then each companion had unique bonuses to crew skills and it was best to pick the skills that match with the bonuses of your companions. Since KotFE that distinction has been removed and all companions work the same, so your guide is most likely obsolete.

At a guess you are looking at a pre-KotFE guide. Back then each companion had unique bonuses to crew skills and it was best to pick the skills that match with the bonuses of your companions. Since KotFE that distinction has been removed and all companions work the same, so your guide is most likely obsolete.

Thats interesting. ty

It used to be that companions had certain bonuses like you can see here. So for instance, the Imperial Agents companion Vector had a +5 Crit for Diplomacy. That is no longer the case with the Influence system. Now the crit + efficiency is tied directly into Influence. The higher you have it the higher that companions stats:

Treek with level 10 Influence

• +15% Time efficiency
  • +5% Critical rate
  • Takes 3 hours 24 minutes to craft an Invasion Force

HK-51 with level 50 Influence

• +75% Time efficiency
  • +25% Critical rate
  • Takes 60 minutes to craft an Invasion Force

HK-51 also has a much higher chance of crafting 2 for the price of 1 item. The efficiency also means he returns from normal crew skill missions like Diplomacy faster than Treek.

There are no per-character bonuses anymore so you can pick any crew skill for any character, so using my earlier example of Vector with his +5 crit, that no longer exists. The crit chance is entirely based on my Influence level with him.

It used to be that companions had certain bonuses like you can see here. So for instance, the Imperial Agents companion Vector had a +5 Crit for Diplomacy. That is no longer the case with the Influence system. Now the crit + efficiency is tied directly into Influence. The higher you have it the higher that companions stats:

Treek with level 10 Influence

• +15% Time efficiency
  • +5% Critical rate
  • Takes 3 hours 24 minutes to craft an Invasion Force

HK-51 with level 50 Influence

• +75% Time efficiency
  • +25% Critical rate
  • Takes 60 minutes to craft an Invasion Force

HK-51 also has a much higher chance of crafting 2 for the price of 1 item. The efficiency also means he returns from normal crew skill missions like Diplomacy faster than Treek.

There are no per-character bonuses anymore so you can pick any crew skill for any character, so using my earlier example of Vector with his +5 crit, that no longer exists. The crit chance is entirely based on my Influence level with him.

Watch out he'll go for HK-51 like crazy.