Fractured Uprising VETERAN Bug

killatroll

I have checked a couple different forums and several pages on this forum and have found nothing on it. Maybe I am just bad at looking.. Idk.

So there is this bug in Fractured Uprising VETERAN mode, I do not know if it is only in Veteran mode, ive only done the veteran mode There is a way to instantly kill the first boss Lord Anril. This immediately sends out the second boss and shaves about 1-2 min off your fractured run time.

I believe this to be a bug and exploit but I would still like official word on it.

I do Fractured Veteran Uprising a lot to farm the CXP because it is the fastest, but it is hard to find groups that do not do this bug/exploit. Most of the times you just get kicked for stopping them or trying to and telling them not to. This bug has happened to me several times, I did not intend to do this but I cannot control other people and sometimes people get to close and the boss accidentally pulls.

Edited by killatroll

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like some clarity on this topic. I am seeing 19 out of 20 Fractured groups doing this, and it seems like a major bug/exploit. Please get back to everyone on this topic ASAP so folks know if this is behavior is going to get them banned.

Patch it, the bug is too easy to trigger on accident and it doesn't generate obscene amounts of CXP, it won't help you instantly get to 300 or something. Banning people for this would be ridiculous, people globalled operation bosses with saber reflect and didn't get banned, which gives more CXP and schematics. Edited by GrandLordMenace

GM of the guild I am in just told me that this is considered exploit and that people will be banned for this so I am curious has there been any official word from devs/community manager or is GM just trolling me because I refused to join ops?

I am having another issue as a veteran also, I am a sorcerer and I picked use the hollow cube but when I am fighting Vaylin. And there is no way I can beat her, I am about ready to just delete it and be done. I can't even reset it. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

This is what Eric said:

"First, thank you (and everyone else) who reported the bug taking place in the Fractured Uprising. We are aware of it and are investigating the issue and its impact. As for action that could be taken we will reiterate our stance on exploits: Any bug which a player can use to gain an advantage can be viewed as an exploit and could lead to action being taken against their account."

So we shall see, but they cant bann people, this is like the Nefra exploit where the whole game population pretty much done it so....

They should fix this, for sure.

Stripping peoples CXP/levels would be a quite ridiculous solution. The instance takes 11-13 minutes to complete if you fight Anril. Anril takes about 1 minute of that. You get circa 1100 cxp for the instance so, at most, the exploit saves you about 1/8th of the time, it's basically nothing.

The fight isn't hard anyway, just saves us some time on the endless cxp grind.

They should fix this, for sure.

Stripping peoples CXP/levels would be a quite ridiculous solution. The instance takes 11-13 minutes to complete if you fight Anril. Anril takes about 1 minute of that. You get circa 1100 cxp for the instance so, at most, the exploit saves you about 1/8th of the time, it's basically nothing.

The fight isn't hard anyway, just saves us some time on the endless cxp grind.

850 and 512 cxp with boost i think so its more than you say plus 40 cxp for each boss, there is a total of 1420 cxp for it and the insta kill does help quite a bit on the time saving i would say.

850 and 512 cxp with boost i think so its more than you say plus 40 cxp for each boss, there is a total of 1420 cxp for it and the insta kill does help quite a bit on the time saving i would say.

there's no way everyone is both boosted and doing it during the 1 hour server boost from DvL so these figures are unrealistic.

You would be surprised. A lot of people boost for Fractured farm because its the best bang for your buck. 11 min for 850 cxp plus the cxp pack during the galactic bonus, add on DVL bonus and boost and you gonna level very fast. Fractured Farm is the only time I ever pop a boost.

BIOWARES RESPONSE TO VETERAN FRACTURED UPRISING BUG/EXPLOIT.

http://vulkk.com/2017/01/09/bioware-respnds-to-the-swtor-fractured-exploit/

"You might be aware of a bug in the Fractured Uprising, currently allowing players to bypass some of the mechanics of the encounter. Bioware is investigating the issue at the moment and considering a possible removal of the Uprising from the Galactic Command Uprisings Rotation.

This weekend the issue with the exploit was discussed in more detail during the live recording of the new Corellian Run Radio podcast episode. Moxys (one of the hosts) contacted me after the show and graciously provided me with Bioware’s official statement that the guys received via PM from community manager Eric Musco. Here’s what Musco told CRR:

First, thank you (and everyone else) who reported the bug taking place in the Fractured Uprising. We are aware of it and are investigating the issue and its impact. As for action that could be taken we will reiterate our stance on exploits: Any bug which a player can use to gain an advantage can be viewed as an exploit and could lead to action being taken against their account.

To answer your questions:

What are some steps players can do in order keep themselves safe, especially since this particular exploit happens so fast?

Let the group know ahead of time that you don’t want to participate in any exploits, to go through the Uprising as intended. If an exploit occurs, report any offending individuals. Alert BioWare privately of this issue (we are already aware in this instance and are investigating)

Would BioWare consider removing Fractured from the rotation of Uprisings until it is patched?

This is a great suggestion, we are looking into this as a part of our investigation of The Fractured Uprising. Hope that answers your question, I hope you guys have a great stream."

Unfortunately that is true, the mechanic is an exploit as Star Wars Support is considering it:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regards to the mechanics of the Uprising: Fractured Veteran dificulty and if the steps you sent in are considered an exploit. Looking into this it does indeed appear to be an exploit as it is not the intended boss mechanics in play, when using unintended mechanics it is considered an exploit of such.

We advise that you submit a bug report on your findings here to the Dev Q&A, these can be sent in through the in game help portal and they will be able to review the phase/ bosses etc. Also we do advise that you continue to complete the Uprising without using the mechanics that you found as it may result in our system striking the account in the future.

Edited by apaun

The way I "learned" about this bug, was that I was doing the Uprising and the group had agreed to not use the exploit by intentionally staying out of LOS of the sith-idiot and not send a stealther up who would then stealth out of fight, after engaging the dumb-guy (that was how I thought the exploit was working).

So we came to the fight and I was still busy disassembling the robots at the bottom of the stairs, I was not around any corner and two of the group went upstairs and did NOT engage the bosses, they just stood there... and the boss still engaged them and still threw his lightsaber at me and still died, all while I was still disassembling the droids... and you know how fast the enemy corpses vanish!

So, without having a chance to avoid it and without intentionally triggering it, how are we supposed to avoid the exploit, if it is so easy to happen?

Is it also considered to be an exploit, that you can avoid at least 2 groups of mobs? I would guess it is intended that you kill them...

The only way to not be exploiting Fractured would be to not run it at all... and while the uprising farming is extremely boring (even in a time, where repeating boring stuff seems to be the best way to gain rewards), I do as many Fractured in the rare times that the light side wins on my server. Other times I do GSF, which seems to be the only way to get CXP without falling asleep out of boredom.

After running it a few times in the first weeks based on a duffy review that it only had two bosses and "was the shortest", we determined that the best tactic in killing Lord Anril (the first boss) is to have everyone down the stairs, around the corner and/or in the med droid room and pull him down there. This allows you advance warning on all subsequent adds spawns and allows your healer/dps to seek LoS so they don't immediately start attacking the healer. I've killed Lord Anril 100s of times and no matter what you do, unless you bring a full pve tank, if Lord Anril decides to pounce (aoe dmg leap) on someone and the 4 adds decide to attack that person, they are dead unless they stealth out, bubble, use major DCD or are a tank and/or healer is rdy with the strong point of their rotation.

So the best way to fight him is to pull him. Sin/Sorc can mez a couple of the adds as he comes down the stairs. DPS cleans up adds, then gets on him and go into an immediate burn phase. Takes bout 1.5-2 mins to kill him. 3 sets of adds. Having those adds walk down the hall to get to your LoSd healer who is standing in the hall by where you killed the final group of droids gives your DPS time to CC/Kill them and keeps your healer free of autoagro dmg and pushback.

If you do this how any normal human being would think to do this, example: sorc pull with phase, tanky-type pull with mad dash/leap/intercede back etc, you'll likely cause the boss to die.

Whichever secondary target he chooses to saber throw/leap must be accessible and visible to him. So sending up two or even 3 people is not a guarantee, all 4 must go up and face tank the adds. Trying to drag the boss into a position that allows you to be away from add spawn points is just a waste of time at this point. Sometimes he'll walk, leap etc, but sometimes he just fkn stands there. And all the while... times a tickin.

So basically now you are forced to kill boss and facetank adds immediately at spawn.

This massive "exploit" saves you maybe 2 mins if you are terrible at DPS and you are not assured the opportunity to avoid it, regardless of what you do.

The only things we've done to shorten the run are:

LoS the first set of adds into the first med room,

LoS the group of adds near the first 4click to the pillar immediate left,

LoS the 3rd set of adds to the pillar in front of them, kill next two sets in hall/room and get super buff (if you are trying to LoS these two grps of weaks, you are wasting time, 8 meter aoe can catch them all),

then speed run to catch the next set of adds as they come through the door and before they spread out.

Note: if you do not kill all the adds in the super buff room before you engage this next group, the door can shut behind them cutting off one or all of them. They take about 2.5 minutes to walk around the entire zone to you. Alternatively, if you all just /stuck (or stealth out) you will cause the add to leave combat and he'll port back to the area you were killing them and be accessible to you. There is no super hurry on getting to these adds, entering this hallway via the door near the super room is what triggers these adds to start walking forward.

Next you aoe down the stairs so those adds dont walk up the stairs.

Skip the next group of 4 which causes the group of 3 weeks behind them not to spawn.

Go up to the catwalks and use knockbacks on strongs.

Once down, deactivate yellow floor, 4 click and speed into the set of 5 adds before AOEing so they do not walk.

Skip the big group at the bottom of the stairs by walking along the rail/through boxes (depending on character size)

and then pulling the last group of adds to a tight pattern through packing into that right side corner before you get into the hall leading up stairs to the boss area.

-Anril already covered-

The final boss, you can speed her up by having your healer collect the white missile (not yellow grenade), you get her to do the first jump and a DPS knocks one of the fatties close to her, healer missiles. Note, ONLY kill fatties via cleave or knockback, no one direct targets them. Then she moves again,knock the first fatty back, healer missiles. If a DPS missiles, its a DPS loss. Be sure to push her into a jump before she decides to snipe, if possible. When she does her next to last position (you have to cross two MGGSs), pause at the railing (couple seconds, tops) to get the two fatties to start to run towards you. Then jump over and they'll be in position for knockback. At the last postiion, stun/WW fatties or KB with Merc/Jugg toss or just ignore them (healer stun/mez/grenade works fine), dps the last few %on boss and click the terminal to get out, leaving those two behind.

With a full Lord Anril fight you're looking at 7-7.5 mins. 2 mins to reset and start again. Hopefully your sin doesnt take as many coffee breaks as mine does.

If people need a short AFK, have them AFK BEFORE entering the next run, so that you can advance the 4 click box and catwalk rope with fewer people, have a groupmate pull out a max level pet, set to DPS.

BW needs to remove it from entire uprising from rotation if they cannot fix this. Already found the next best place and it adds maybe 1 minute to the cycle, about an 11% decrease in CXP gain per hour and probably half of that can be negated by pred.

Edited by Wimbleton

What I find amazingly ridiculous about this whole situation is the Dev's logic.

First you RNG the crap out of gaining any kind of gear. We can't pick up cheap mats for crafting cuz no grade 10 mats have hit the jawa vendors yet. They took away comms/data crystals so we can't buy any extra exotic crafting mats.They nerf farming golds in open world 'cuz that's not very fun". They give ridiculously small cxp packs for running operations - Pre 5.0 we had a chance at 5 pieces of gear should we run an op. now we're LUCKY if we get 2 packs out of a run. They have forced our hand in every way possible to run their bright and shiny new uprisings. THEN when people decide to farm the fastest uprising for max return on cxp (even w/o the glitch where the dude kills himself - which only adds a max of 3 minutes w/ crummy dps to the encounter) it's a 1 boss encounter. They were so proud in their pre 5.0 dev streams about these encounters and they were SO quick and SO much fun. They have done everything in their power to force us to play the game they way THEY want us to, and now because of a glitch in their programming that they can't, won't or just haven't fixed they're calling us all exploiters? It's complete and total BS. By all means, fix the encounter so the first boss doesn't kill himself but proclaiming this an exploit is the very definition of idiocy. And i guarantee if they take action against ppl via removing command ranks, especially given the promise of back pay on command tokens for gearing purposes in 5.1, the devs will lose any goodwill and trust they have left with their endgame player base. Even without the glitch (cuz that's all it is, is a glitch) that you still have to run the full encounter to get any decent rewards from it, Fractured would still be the quickest uprising to gain CXP from and players would still be farming the blazes out of it. Devs need to check their logic before they go on a ban or cxp reset spree.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about the Fractured Uprising, and the current bug that exists in it. There is currently an issue with the first boss, Lord Anril, where in certain situations he will instantly kill himself. This has raised quite a few questions, so we want to address them:

Is it an exploit to use this bug to progress quicker through the Uprising?

Yes it is. You are using a bug to gain an unintended advantage over other players.

Does this mean I am going to get banned for doing it?

In this case, we are not going to take action against individuals who use this exploit. There are two reasons. First, the Fractured Uprising regardless of this exploit is one of the best sources of CXP compared to the other Uprisings. Players who care solely about gaining Command Ranks as fast as possible, would likely be grinding this Uprising anyway. Second, it is possible that this bug can happen on its own without someone trying to make it happen. And although we could tell the difference between accidental use and constant abuse, we don’t want to punish people for simply playing an Uprising with no intention of exploiting.

When will it be fixed?

Currently the bug with Lord Anril is slated to be fixed on 1/24 with Game Update 5.1.

My default reminder, if you discover an exploit please let us know privately and immediately stop using it. Although we will not take action against this exploit, the rules I outlined here are still in place. Should an exploit be discovered, please refrain from using it or you risk action being taken against you up to and including account closure.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about the Fractured Uprising, and the current bug that exists in it. There is currently an issue with the first boss, Lord Anril, where in certain situations he will instantly kill himself. This has raised quite a few questions, so we want to address them:

Is it an exploit to use this bug to progress quicker through the Uprising?

Yes it is. You are using a bug to gain an unintended advantage over other players.

Does this mean I am going to get banned for doing it?

In this case, we are not going to take action against individuals who use this exploit. There are two reasons. First, the Fractured Uprising regardless of this exploit is one of the best sources of CXP compared to the other Uprisings. Players who care solely about gaining Command Ranks as fast as possible, would likely be grinding this Uprising anyway. Second, it is possible that this bug can happen on its own without someone trying to make it happen. And although we could tell the difference between accidental use and constant abuse, we don’t want to punish people for simply playing an Uprising with no intention of exploiting.

When will it be fixed?

Currently the bug with Lord Anril is slated to be fixed on 1/24 with Game Update 5.1.

My default reminder, if you discover an exploit please let us know privately and immediately stop using it. Although we will not take action against this exploit, the rules I outlined here are still in place. Should an exploit be discovered, please refrain from using it or you risk action being taken against you up to and including account closure.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric but ...

There you have it folks - you can officially exploit this exploit without fear of repercussions - GO HARD! Great way to set an example.

Honestly I think the main reason BWA wouldn't look into serial and purposeful offenders is because A) Takes too much effort especially at this time of year ( I mean look at the "top notch" job they are doing on ranked ). B) They can't risk alienating any more of the paying community with bans/sanctions because things population wise are dire enough as it is.

Thus they had to decide between no action per the above at the risk of pissing off people who abhor exploiters or taking action and risk pissing off the people that get punished.

I can't believe they have an actual exploit by their own definition, they can tell who is constantly abusing it but aren't going to do anything about it for weeks since it was discovered.

Also it doesn't make sense to see you can tell who is constantly abusing but don't want to ban them because they might not be intentionally exploiting ... huh?

Great to hear that you are fixing this bug, and that you are not taking action. While this is clearly an exploit, the bug gives at most 10-20% bonus to the CXP; therefore this is a very minor exploit because you still need to put in hours upon hours of play time. I read some players saying that Fractured is so popular because of the exploit but that's not true. Even if you don't exploit it, Fractured still gives the highest CXP at the moment.

In my case, I got roughly 10 ranks because of this exploit, so yes, I did profit from it, but any severe action (CXP reset, removal of gear, suspensions) would be an overreaction. I could have gotten those 10 ranks just as easily with 5 more hours of normal Fractured farming.

If I had to start from CXP rank 1 again and the 200+ hours I invested since 5.0 to level my Command Rank would have been wasted, I would have rather quit the game than accepted the punishment. Sadly, this does set a bad example (exploiters don't get punished) but look at it from the other side: Players are demotivated by CXP, and any CXP rollbacks would be the final straw to quit the game.

If anything, this highlights another issue: The design behind CXP is flawed because it encourages players to push the limit and use sketchy tactics to get the highest CXP rate possible. The 5.1 changes help because they shorten the gear grind and players are less pressured to farm CXP, but the original issue remans: New gear tiers should only be introduced along with new raiding content, otherwise players feel punished for having to grind gear just to get back to where they were pre-5.0.

Edited by Jerba