DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claimed - Gunslinger-Saboteur (rolling) - 7/36/3

Full 72 mods/enhancements.

PVE Underworld 2 piece + Partisan PVP 2 piece.

72 mainhand/offhand

UW SA relic (got it today!) + Arkanian BA

http://www.torparse.com/a/316603/time/1372658019/1372658359/0/Damage+Dealt

3475 DPS.

Beginning not clipped (excuse my mistake the previous time).

Crit adrenals (yes crit) + stim used.

Watch out Board. Soon. Soon :).

i'm sure you can get past 3483. Just gotta keep parsing everyday till u get that one lucky parse :p Edited by paowee

First off, Fovoss pre-built buffs and resource is his/her parse. I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but I am just pointing it out.

Several of the top parses are now being posted by members of guilds who have cleared NiM TfB, which means they have access to one or more Kell Dragon pieces and have a higher theoretical DPS cap. I feel it is kind of meaningless to compare BiS 72 DPS numbers with BiS 75 numbers. (The matter will become more severe next week with NiM S&V.)

Is it worth creating a new thread or separate leader boards based on gear tier?

Several of the top parses are now being posted by members of guilds who have cleared NiM TfB.

True. Maybe OP can put a Full UW gear - tag lol if he has the time. i like the idea of a second set of of leaderboards for the new gear tho.

My parses do not have a single Kell Dragon mod or enhancement, They are FULL UW gear. The next time I will update them is when i get FULL KD.

Non-engineering spec

2. B'oarder - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3126.53

http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/time/1371933185/1371933594/0/Overview

Engineering/Saboteur

1. B'oarder - Sniper - Engineering 7/36/3 - 3483

http://www.torparse.com/a/294248/time/1371544606/1371544908/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by paowee

First off, Fovoss pre-built buffs and resource is his/her parse. I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but I am just pointing it out.

Several of the top parses are now being posted by members of guilds who have cleared NiM TfB, which means they have access to one or more Kell Dragon pieces and have a higher theoretical DPS cap. I feel it is kind of meaningless to compare BiS 72 DPS numbers with BiS 75 numbers. (The matter will become more severe next week with NiM S&V.)

It's true that there is a higher theoretical DPS cap but eventually everyone who has top parses to post will have 72+ gear, and as this thread is more of a means to see how different dps classes perform against others, everyone has gotten the general idea of how 72 geared dps parses fair against others. It would be interesting to see a growth table for specific tiers of gear, but that may be a little much for people to wrap their minds around ;)

Myself specifically in 72 bis I was doing (2900-2950), but now with 3x pieces (Offhand, Relic, Bracers) of Kell I do (2950-3000).

It's true that there is a higher theoretical DPS cap but eventually everyone who has top parses to post will have 72+ gear, and as this thread is more of a means to see how different dps classes perform against others...

I thought this thread was about comparing DPS build/specs while controlling as many variables as possible; there is a slight change from what you say. Considering Shadows/Assassins do noticeably less DPS it may be a long time until they achieve greater than 72 gear, which means the disparity will continue to widen.

Also, I personally used this thread as a means to validate theorycrafting efforts.

I thought this thread was about comparing DPS build/specs while controlling as many variables as possible; there is a slight change from what you say. Considering Shadows/Assassins do noticeably less DPS it may be a long time until they achieve greater than 72 gear, which means the disparity will continue to widen.

Also, I personally used this thread as a means to validate theorycrafting efforts.

I agree, there was a semi-lengthy conversation a while back about the purpose of t his thread. And (i think) the "majority" of the people who have been posting and check out logs agreed that these parses are useful information when comparing spec by spec. Not Sniper versus Assassin for example. One can see this in the numerous individual conversations that goes on solely between the juggs and guardians, then you have the mercs / commandos talking to each other, abd more recently the sin / shadow DPSers (etc etc). Edited by paowee

Nipin - Powertech - Hybrid 2/22/22-2749.55

Have not run this spec a lot and need to work on getting retractable blade back up asap after the dot falls off. Also I did not use any adrinals so if I get some I am sure I could get higher with added adrinals plus getting better at reapplying the bleed. Also I am still running dreadguard power click relic and a crafted implant non augmented, so I could bump it up even more by replacing those 2 pieces also.

http://www.torparse.com/a/317588/time/1372711901/1372712237/0/Overview

Edited by JediMasterNippin

Firstly I would like to remind everyone to try to be as respectful as possible. Questions on odd patters in parses are always appreciated as I would like as much help as possible but it must be presented with decency, please don't accuse people of cheating until definite proof can be presented.

Secondly I have been reviewing a couple of parses after questions about Beastfury's record and Invinc's Lethality and come to a solution which I believe is manageable.

Stacks such as Rage/Focus or buffs which requires combat are not allowed to be present before the start of the parse. However building Centering or adding buffs using respec is allowed due to that such measures can always be used during actual raid fights. I am always open to suggestions however and please say, with reasoning, if anyone has any objections.

Lastly, are people interested in a "Top 5/10" list where an armor debuff is allowed to evaluate the effectiveness of each class in an actual raid situation?

Sounds reasonable on what's allowed/disqualified. I think figuring out class performance in raids is what this thread is most useful for (except for assassin/shadows which obviously can perform a bit higher in actual raids - but the same can be said for marauder/sentinel as well..and any other class with a sub 30% skill) thus anyone not possibly done in a raid should be disqualified.

But as to armor debuff parse, I think it just decreases accessibility and doesn't really show anything extra - no class benefits more than any other class by having armor debuff present (as far as I know? maybe melee/ranged would benefit more than tech/force predominant people though).

Airwolfe, Marauder <Chosen> begs to differ... lol. Anyway i should let you Maras talk about it :)

About Sythise parse, no there wasn't pre-stacked rage. Beastfury's yes.

I never commented on that one. Haven't looked at it too closely.

Full fury ruled as legit. You can too ;)
Here is OP's post re: Carnage building Fury pre-boss fight.

Firstly I would like to remind everyone to try to be as respectful as possible. Questions on odd patters in parses are always appreciated as I would like as much help as possible but it must be presented with decency, please don't accuse people of cheating until definite proof can be presented.

Secondly I have been reviewing a couple of parses after questions about Beastfury's record and Invinc's Lethality and come to a solution which I believe is manageable.

Stacks such as Rage/Focus or buffs which requires combat are not allowed to be present before the start of the parse. However building Centering or adding buffs using respec is allowed due to that such measures can always be used during actual raid fights. I am always open to suggestions however and please say, with reasoning, if anyone has any objections.

Lastly, are people interested in a "Top 5/10" list where an armor debuff is allowed to evaluate the effectiveness of each class in an actual raid situation?

If you spec Carnage, build Fury/Centering via regen ability, then respec to Annihiliation will you retain the stacks? Unless you use a respec macro.. is anyone really going to do this in a raid? -_-

Edited by paowee

Link seems to be screwy. Shows 2922 max.

If you deselect the clipped version which shows the 3015, you'll end up with 2922 overall in a 10min parse.

Full fury ruled as legit. You can too ;)

Starting with Full Fury is not a built-in mechanic of Annihilation, unless you re-spec Carnage then re-spec back to Annihilation.

If you spec Carnage, build Fury/Centering via regen ability, then respec to Annihiliation will you retain the stacks? Unless you use a respec macro.. is anyone really going to do this in a raid? -_-

It does sound ridiculous but... the option IS there I guess. Some dirty fighting scoundrels are known to preload Flachette Round from the scrapper tree.

Edited by Falver

Really meticulous people who want to respec before every boss pull twice..and then the pull is done on cue rather than waiting around, can pop berserk asap and have full benefit. So theoretically..ya it can be done in a raid, is it worth it, not really. Don't need a macro but you would need to pull soon after finishing.

And TFB..you can jump in the water and build it via defensive forms easy enough.

We had this discussion before and what I basically said was that I can't really say that its an invalid move when its perfectly reasonable to do it in a raid situation if you want to maximize your dps. I will probably put a small star or something to the side of your parses if you do use respec.

I'm only half done for this/last week, got a lot to do irl but really hoping do have it done sometimes tomorrow.