HM Pylons

After that?

Still got 4 rows left, same order?

This is why you continue to wipe on it as you stated in the other thread.

Let me grab my crayon.....

2 groups of player. 1 North, 1 South.

The NORTH group will solve the first (bottom) row first, the SOUTH finishes bottom row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 2nd (lower middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 3rd (upper middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The NORTH group will solve the upper and final row, then SOUTH finishes.

Be wary of number of spins for each level. you need to get your spins off as quick as possible, and with the least number of spins to not hit the enrage.

Get it now?

This is why you continue to wipe on it as you stated in the other thread.

Let me grab my crayon.....

2 groups of player. 1 North, 1 South.

The NORTH group will solve the first (bottom) row first, the SOUTH finishes bottom row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 2nd (lower middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 3rd (upper middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The NORTH group will solve the upper and final row, then SOUTH finishes.

Be wary of number of spins for each level. you need to get your spins off as quick as possible, and with the least number of spins to not hit the enrage.

Get it now?

Gee, thanks grampa!

:D

Its a puzzle.

Step 1 = Work out the lowest moves on each pylon to solve.

Step 2 = Solve the Pylons. We always solve south first .. some people have differing methods but always allowing south to solve first has worked 100% for us.

Step 3 = loot

These people who say *Its always L L R L* or some other combo are (IMO) talking crap. look at the puzzle and work out the least moves. Hell its not really even a puzzle once you know the colour order, its just a case of not messing up and hitting the wrong console and hoping your DPS are not ******* and hitting shields if they fail to interupt.

Even a GM told us to do NSSN. Nothing else ever worked. We always solved quickly in the fewest moves. I have no idea how you are supposed to figure this out except by trial and error. I don't know if it's bugged in their favor for all these people claiming other solve orders or if they're full of it. Stupid encounter is stupid.

I'll see if any of our Fraps people record our 16 / 8 pylons. TBH I dont think they bother to record on Pylons or council, I can assure you though that we always solve south first, every time and have no issues what-so-ever.

The only time we every had a pylon lock was when a N solved first, not sure what tier it was on .. 3rd I believe .. but after that one mess up (couple weeks back) we've stuck to the *south first rule*

I can attest to this since as a healer I am the solver on my side every run. (Ya I know debuff on HM - I just yell at a DPS when I have it)

I was more poking at the people who give advice along the lines of

tier 1 = left

tier 2 = left

tier 3 = right

tier 4 = left

Which is TOTALLY wrong. You just have to look at the pylons the see which way your supposed to turn each tier.

Are you aware that in HM that people who turn the wheel get a debuff that doesn't allow them to turn the wheel anymore? You have to take turns within your little group spinning the wheel to solve it.

Yes I am :) we've been running HM's for a few weeks, nightmares too .. although we stopped that crap since the loot drops are borked so its just not worth it :(

I'll see if any of our Fraps people record our 16 / 8 pylons. TBH I dont think they bother to record on Pylons or council, I can assure you though that we always solve south first, every time and have no issues what-so-ever.

The only time we every had a pylon lock was when a N solved first, not sure what tier it was on .. 3rd I believe .. but after that one mess up (couple weeks back) we've stuck to the *south first rule*

I can attest to this since as a healer I am the solver on my side every run. (Ya I know debuff on HM - I just yell at a DPS when I have it)

I was more poking at the people who give advice along the lines of

tier 1 = left

tier 2 = left

tier 3 = right

tier 4 = left

Which is TOTALLY wrong. You just have to look at the pylons the see which way your supposed to turn each tier.

You play on HM or Nightmare?

You play on HM or Nightmare?

Done NM 8 .. loot was buggy (Exotech drops lawl)

We run HM 16's every week, sometimes do reg 8's on off-nights to gear up alts / newbies.

Basically I've gone from Normal - Hard - Nightmare - Hard.

Funny how that works, we'd rather do hard and get loot than Nightmare and get boned !

<Edit>

I'm sure its been posted elsewhere but ... colour order is

Blue - Green - Red -Purple - White - Yellow.

Just look at the Pylon, work out lowest moves per tier .. click buttons. :)

Edited by Demarcc

Even a GM told us to do NSSN. Nothing else ever worked. We always solved quickly in the fewest moves. I have no idea how you are supposed to figure this out except by trial and error. I don't know if it's bugged in their favor for all these people claiming other solve orders or if they're full of it. Stupid encounter is stupid.

NSSN just worked for us. Not sure if it was luck or not, but we bugged out three times before I read this.

NSSN just worked for us. Not sure if it was luck or not, but we bugged out three times before I read this.

NSSN or all south both will work. The consoles only ever seem to lock up after solving the 2nd or 3rd wheel and magically if you notice, either way you are solving south first for those wheels...which is the key.

The other issue people can have is if the 4th wheel only requires 1 spin, the console will be clickable but the wheel won't turn. You need to exit area and reset the zone in this case to get a new wheel combo. Skipping most of the trash will help make it a shorter re-clear.

I don't know how after about 50 threads complaining about HM/NM and people pointing out the workarounds/how to do it we still have threads popping up about it.

N

S

S

N

Solve in that order, ur welcome.

This doesn't always work. This is the pattern we use, and while it does work most of the time, it still goes un-clickable some of the time. A simple reset of the instance usually fixes the problem though.

Yes we know about the Debuff.....but the Consoles can bug out and wont get usable after beeing clicked(no more blueish glow) or the Wheels wont turn.

We tried it with N S S N but the when the Northern Pilon solved the 4th Wheel the Southern Wheel bugged out and wouldnt turn anymore.

So its another Bug infested encounter.....hooray

Yes we know about the Debuff.....but the Consoles can bug out and wont get usable after beeing clicked(no more blueish glow) or the Wheels wont turn.

We tried it with N S S N but the when the Northern Pilon solved the 4th Wheel the Southern Wheel bugged out and wouldnt turn anymore.

So its another Bug infested encounter.....hooray

Read my post above...if the 4th Wheel only requires one turn the console will be clickable but the wheel won't turn. Exit area and reset the zone to get a new wheel combo. If the 4th wheel isn't only 1 spin, SSSS or NSSN doing optimal spins will work just fine.