Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo... a whole day of gameply gone and the recompense is 25 people who happen to notice first get stuff... really? Glad I was unsure and picked one month at a time. Unsubbed. It seems its the only thing that counts.

Rain is requested, rain is received. These are all unique codes (1 redeem per person), and I know there are concerns about bots. I am gonna put them into spoiler tags so that should there be bots (which I haven't seen evidence of, just fast people) they can't scrape them as easily.

Good luck!

*snip*

-eric

How do these work exactly?

I think it's going to easily surpass 75. It's not yet prime time in the States. All hell will break loose then.

My guess is their main goal is to get the servers up before that time hits.

Here in the EU we're screwed for tonight and we know it. No amount of shouting will change that.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

When devs will understand that such code idiotism are only making people more mad, and they needed just to give 450 CC to everyone who tried to log in during the period of game non-working, it will be too late, people will go playing guild wars 2 :D

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

im stupified by how bioware is handling this update, don't take this the wrong way, but giving out codes... to 15-26 people ...... first come first serve.....? what about the several million players who cant get anything, and on top of that..... no one can play, where is the Justice in that.....

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

YES boi, EU thanks you for ruined day, again. Fail.

So, that was fun.

Seeing 'this code has already been used' over and over. Oh, and don't forget the 'this code is invalid'.

I was trying to remain positive about this situation, but the so-called 'code rain' screwed up my mood.

I do hope you didn't intend for this to lift peoples spirits because I think it backfired. :mad:

no it didn't backfire, they made a few people happy and told everyone else f*ck off, typical for EA and now BW

They gave out codes for just 12 people when the game is down for thier mess up on such a grand scale?

It is almost like they have no idea how to fix a public relations problem , just made people mad that the effort is just a drop in a massive bucket and that is all the effort that they will put into it. They should be thinkng about the people that are looking at other games to play while this one is down because they feel cheated by such actions, as heart felt as they may be.

Hey folks,

-eric

TWO HOURS????? SERIOUSE? DUDE, i have 9 A.M. here,it means i probably wont be able to play swtor today AT ALL. ***!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by omaan

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

I can get behind this.

Hey folks,

-eric

You could have tried testing patch 5.4a in the first place.... at this point you may as well declare beta and throw stuff up to see if it works.....

So, that was fun.

Seeing 'this code has already been used' over and over. Oh, and don't forget the 'this code is invalid'.

I was trying to remain positive about this situation, but the so-called 'code rain' screwed up my mood.

I do hope you didn't intend for this to lift peoples spirits because I think it backfired. :mad:

I agree, that screwed up my mood as well.

Hey Eric,

how about you rain some codes for the team to give them some skill in programming?

Sincerly

European Player

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I'm sorry the taste hung tight. * Cough * :cool: