Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 08:51 AM | #1
As per the title.

Apologies everyone but apparently, Imperial classes got a raw deal, assuming this is NOT a bug, and hence working as intended.

For more details, see below:


REPUBLIC CLASSES


JEDI CONSULAR

JEDI KNIGHT
Spoiler

SMUGGLER

TROOPER
Spoiler


IMPERIAL CLASSES


It is pointless to even try to make a list for this one, since... Maybe it is actually bugged? Hopefully?

To be blunt, whether you chose to pursue a romance with a companion and eventually married him or her, it seems the game fails to acknowledge it.

The only exception right now is the Imperial Agent, as you can see here. This is most likely due to the fact it was patched just last week.

I have a friend who claims Kaliyo says she was expecting her male Agent in bed, but seeing she has no recording or screenshot of that moment, I'm unsure on that one. Regardless, Kaliyo presently says this if you chose NOT to romance her.

So, to conclude, whether your character is male or female, and you chose to pursue a romance with the companions below:

  • Ashara Zavros and Andronikos Revel for the Sith Inquisitor
  • Vette and Malavai Quinn for the Sith Warrior
  • Mako and Torian Cadera for the Bounty Hunter

There is absolutely NO VARIATION WHATSOEVER during the SoR / Rishi Intro for Imperial classes. NONE AT ALL. You get the intros linked below, assuming you finished chapter three:

Sith Inquisitor
Sith Warrior

Bounty Hunter
Imperial Agent ( prior-3.0.0a patch )

Guys at Bioware, is this working as intended?

To quote the late Grand Moff Kilran, it would strain credulity this was overlooked for Imperials, while the Republic classes at least got something.

Aienir's Avatar


Aienir
12.15.2014 , 08:54 AM | #2
Thanks for pointing this out. I knew something was off in my talk with Vette...

+1
Raif
PRIME DEFENSE
◈WebsiteChatRecruitmentForums◈
The Tenacious ※ The Vigilant ※ The Prime

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 09:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aienir View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I knew something was off in my talk with Vette...

+1
Again, for all intents and purposes, it is NOT impossible the intros are working as intended.

However, there's the issue of this screenshot featuring Vector, plus the fact the intro for Imperial Agents was bugged prior to last Tuesday's patch.

On another note, Jaesa being silent is equally disconcerting but then again, that's another story.

menofhorror's Avatar


menofhorror
12.15.2014 , 01:09 PM | #4
That`s really pathetic of Bioware.

LyraineAlei's Avatar


LyraineAlei
12.15.2014 , 01:19 PM | #5
I was trying to figure out why Torian was so distant from my main when they're married.

Booooooo. I thought BW said they were going to have occasional mentions of the relation status in the future from 2.0 or something. Or was that Old BW?

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 01:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by menofhorror View Post
That`s really pathetic of Bioware.
Look at the bright side: Some people ALWAYS claim Bioware is biased towards the Empire. The links above clearly infer otherwise; now Imps get to taste their own medicine.

Again, assuming this is working as intended, which I still doubt.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 01:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LyraineAlei View Post
I was trying to figure out why Torian was so distant from my main when they're married.

Booooooo. I thought BW said they were going to have occasional mentions of the relation status in the future from 2.0 or something. Or was that Old BW?
As you can see here, there is at least one companion that seems to acknowledge the romance that took place PRIOR to the release of SoR.

As mentioned earlier, I'm unclear on Kaliyo however.

Regardless, seems odd to think the Imperial Agent got special treatment, Empire-side, and all the other classes got the boot. There's gotta be something not working as intended.

LyraineAlei's Avatar


LyraineAlei
12.15.2014 , 01:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
As you can see here, there is at least one companion that seems to acknowledge the romance that took place PRIOR to the release of SoR.

As mentioned earlier, I'm unclear on Kaliyo however.

Regardless, seems odd to think the Imperial Agent got special treatment, Empire-side, and all the other classes got the boot. There's gotta be something not working as intended.
Then I demand they fix it, and allow us to watch the correct ones! *goes off and pouts* Lucky Agent.

*cough*
I really hope it is a bug, and not working as intended.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 01:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LyraineAlei View Post
Then I demand they fix it, and allow us to watch the correct ones! *goes off and pouts* Lucky Agent.

*cough*
I really hope it is a bug, and not working as intended.
Well, here's the cutscene for male Imperial Agents, working as intended now.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
12.15.2014 , 02:05 PM | #10
what makes me sad about the whole thing is that.. my male agent romanced Reina. my male warrior romanced Jaessa. so they are not getting anything either way.

that and the fact that normally super jealous companions suddenly are totally ok with you flirting with everything that moves right in front of you?

when they said that romancable companions have something to say on Rishi and Uavin, I thought it was cutscene participation. but its just offhand comments when entering certain zones :/

bah.