Cartel Dronecarrier Bomber 70% off

Nemarus

Just an FYI for veterans and new pilots alike--the Cartel Market version of the Dronecarrier (Legion/Warcarrier) is massively on sale right now, 70% off.

For new pilots, this is a great deal. The Dronecarrier is one of the most universally useful, powerful, and easy-to-fly ships in GSF. It is equally useful in both Domination and Deathmatch. Almost of all of its available components are well-designed and can have a strong impact on a match. I think most GSF aficionados would agree that this ship is well-tuned and likely safe from any major balance changes (if there ever are any).

There are many viable builds, but you can't go wrong with Seeker Mines, Heavy Laser Cannons, Repair Drone, and Engine-to-Shield Converter . For your main system drone, Railgun and Interdiction are both excellent, though Missile Drone is also perfectly capable.

For veteran pilots, consider this an opportunity to vote for GSF development with your wallet. You may not need an extra Dronecarrier, but consider buying one for an alternative experimental build (remember this Bomber can field Concussion Missiles!).

God, if they did this for the Ocula/Skybolt, I'd buy like 5 of them... :(

Maybe scouts will be next week, AFTER I've probably bought a Skybolt for Mierin on Bastion...

But Skybolt is so hideous! At least Firehauler looks pretty cool (even if scaled down too much).

I'd like the Skybolt more if it's wings were folded up in a V I think, as they are when you find it landed on planets.

The IL-5 has a lot of problems. The scale (ship at scout size makes little sense), the overall tone (the elements used to build it look out of place with each other and the rest of the game world), the strange fuselage (the ovoid wrinkles), the lack of component variability, the lack of good paint jobs, lack of aerodynamic nature, single engine....

It does have some appeal to a certain aesthetic, but I think it's generally the worst looking ship in the game.

There was a multi-hour sale on the VX-9 months ago. Those were an amazing deal. The G-X1 deal is quite good as well. The G-X1 is also a solid choice for new players, who often spend a lot of time playing a type 1 scout or strike.

Graphically, the TZ-24 is my favorite cartel ship, by a lot. The asymmetry is really keen.

I remain very puzzled at the lack of other cartel ships.

But Skybolt is so hideous! At least Firehauler looks pretty cool (even if scaled down too much).

I'd like the Skybolt more if it's wings were folded up in a V I think, as they are when you find it landed on planets.

I totally agree that it's hideous. But I've gotten to the point where in a "real" match, I am only really worthwhile in a T2 scout, and in those matches, I tend to prefer a different buildout depending on the match type (and to some degree, what the enemies are fielding).

And while 5 is a little bit of hyperbole, I'd definitely pick 1 up for my pub main on JC, and then for my Bastion toon for the Super Serious nights (Already got an Ocula for my imp main on JC). The last few of those have pretty much taught me that I'm largely worthless unless I'm in a Stingfire or doing the Clarion thing as support. As such, it would be stellar to have two builds for the really competitive matches.

Edited by nyghtrunner

There was a multi-hour sale on the VX-9 months ago. Those were an amazing deal. The G-X1 deal is quite good as well. The G-X1 is also a solid choice for new players, who often spend a lot of time playing a type 1 scout or strike.

Graphically, the TZ-24 is my favorite cartel ship, by a lot. The asymmetry is really keen.

I remain very puzzled at the lack of other cartel ships.

I adore the VX-9's appearance, but I wish they'd fix the railgun icons. All they'd need to do is put a blue background behind the Ion Railgun.

I also like the TZ-24, though I wish it's bottom wasn't so flat and plain. I think the best looking asymmetrical ship in the game is the Sledgehammer. It's wicked to see fire-linked lasers fire from one side and far below the cockpit.

Still hoping for a bananaboat, or better yet this awesome ship.

I'd also be happy with any of these.

Edited by Nemarus