Theron: Survives a ?????

Paulsutherland

Plot convenience, or maybe his cybernetics, or something else. We get a mail from Satele if we kill him stating she felt her son's death, although I suppose he could always show up later it's likely he didn't had enough stamina to escape the explosion and even if he did unless he got treatment he wouldn't be able to survive for long.

He only survives it if you rush him back to the Odessan base. Since I'm not one of those ignoring written words people and take Satele at her word about her son's life ending, and Lana about only way to save him is getting him home - so medical treatment was necessary. He lost his limp very fast though >.>

The PC survived one (possibly) because of Valkorion even when they had no medical facilities to help.

He only survives it if you rush him back to the Odessan base. Since I'm not one of those ignoring written words people and take Satele at her word about her son's life ending, and Lana about only way to save him is getting him home - so medical treatment was necessary. He lost his limp very fast though >.>

The PC survived one (possibly) because of Valkorion even when they had no medical facilities to help.

But he took it through the spine / heart (best guess from the angle of impact) ... how do you walk that off?!

But he took it through the spine / heart (best guess from the angle of impact) ... how do you walk that off?!

Absolutely no idea, maybe it went through his rib cage, not actually his heart/spine. Don't ask me, the aniamtions won't be a good judge there xD

I saw more to the side than straight through the back. But the animations aren't good enough to really show anything. He should not have been walking, that's for sure....

For me it looked he was pierced through the right side of his abdominal area, not quite the heart. On Rishi, Lana also makes mention of special pain reduction and whatever implants Theron has (which is why she felt he'd be able to handle any torture from the Revanites). Then there's the chance that while he's not Force-sensitive, there is a remnant of the Force in him giving him a slight boost in survivability. Getting stabbed as he did doesn't have to mean instant death. The lightsaber would cauterize any wound it has inflicted and he would die over time due to organ failure instead.

Then again, it would appear BW treats those injuries on a case by case scenario and depending on where they want the story to go, you either do or don't die from such injuries. :p

Sure, why not? She'd be a little gooey by now if you didn't freeze her fast, though.... :D

Fear not ... I have a plan on a budget ... We'll put the body on ice in fear she might wake up ... then ... put her spirit back inside her ... and wake her up. :eek:

Fear not ... I have a plan on a budget ... We'll put the body on ice in fear she might wake up ... then ... put her spirit back inside her ... and wake her up. :eek:

Sounds like a winner. I wish you and your popsicle girlfriend the best :D

From his animations, Theron was clutching his heart or chest cavity area, but I have no clue how anyone can survive a lightsaber through your heart! All I can say is plot armor!

For me it looked he was pierced through the right side of his abdominal area, not quite the heart. On Rishi, Lana also makes mention of special pain reduction and whatever implants Theron has (which is why she felt he'd be able to handle any torture from the Revanites). Then there's the chance that while he's not Force-sensitive, there is a remnant of the Force in him giving him a slight boost in survivability. Getting stabbed as he did doesn't have to mean instant death. The lightsaber would cauterize any wound it has inflicted and he would die over time due to organ failure instead.

Then again, it would appear BW treats those injuries on a case by case scenario and depending on where they want the story to go, you either do or don't die from such injuries. :p

I agree with what you say about organ failure to be the likely cause of death because you know ... lightsaber through your gut will probably kill off those cells of vital organs??? lol.

Theron's cybernetics will likely prevent him from going into shock and go into shut-down mode. That will keep him alert enough to make decisions to boost his survivability instead of sitting still, increasing his vulnerability from surroundings.

The animations never really show an entry point or exit wound. So it is more where our minds assume the lightsaber hit. So maybe no vital organs. Still one hell of a wound but I don't see it as impossible with a setting of futuristic technology and the force that Theron couldn't survive that. There are his implants, Lana might be able to do some healing with the force, of course getting him back to the alliance for kolto tanks and surgery.

And if your class can use the force or heal in some manner I'm sure there is that.

And for no healing classes throw a medpack or something on it. :)

As for Theron walking, I really did want to carry Theron out bridal style :D

Actually Theron took the shot in the kidney/lower abdomen. Least what I saw and it was off to his left a bit and missed his spine. So off the bat yes he could survive that hit for a while. People get impaled in the lower abdomen all the time and live.

So yes from what I saw that shot was survivable.

Also he was trained as a Jedi and had learned some tricks to handle pain and injuries, that might've helped here

Good point I forgot that. Meditation or something like breathing techniques. Also he is a train SIS agent and I'm pretty sure they would all be trained to handle high levels of extreme pain. Also if I recall Theron faced torture twice once on Rishi and once captured by the empire in vol 3 of the lost suns. I'm sure Jedi training and SIS training helped him there too.

Well, after I ran my Theron-romanced characters through Nathema and found out he turned into Edward Cullen, I'm not surprised any longer. Vampires are famous for their regeneration. I assume even tacky, sparkly ones.

Well my smuggler survived when Arcann did that to her so if my smuggler can I don't see why Theron couldn't as well and she rejected Valkorian's help.

He was still in your body, rejected or not. It made all the difference.

Edited by Eshvara

Don't forget Darth Maul also survived his fall and being cut in half by Obi-Wan so it has been established people in Star Wars can survive various wounds.

And in addition, Lana ran to his side after the fight, who is to say that she didn't use the force to slow his wound until we can get him back to the base for treatment.

As far as walking, come on now, we had to walk after the lightsaber being struck through us because unfortunately they haven't figure out it would have been better to call for a stretcher/have someone carry someone so they make them walk p.

Edited by casirabit