Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kira and Scourge 100% confirmed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Kira and Scourge 100% confirmed

Ttoilleekul's Avatar


Ttoilleekul
07.17.2019 , 07:55 AM | #1
I checked first but could not see a thread covering this.. So, the secret observers quest, 100% it is Kira and Scourge on Odessen, aside from the build and gender fitting Kira and Scourge, if you take a screen shot and zoom in, you can clearly see their personal character lightsabers that they always had from class story.

So finally we can be safe in the knowledge they are coming back for 6.0. Now the only question remains will it be a decent meaningful return. No other companions have been teased in this way, so I'm hopeful of a decent return still.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.17.2019 , 12:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
So finally we can be safe in the knowledge they are coming back for 6.0.
That's hard to justify. We can hypothesise that, for sure, but it's only speculation.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ttoilleekul's Avatar


Ttoilleekul
07.17.2019 , 12:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
That's hard to justify. We can hypothesise that, for sure, but it's only speculation.
Lets start with this, do you agree that it is 100% Kira and Scourge? Assuming its a yes from you, how can you possibly suggest they won't be back for 6.0 now?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.17.2019 , 01:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Lets start with this, do you agree that it is 100% Kira and Scourge? Assuming its a yes from you, how can you possibly suggest they won't be back for 6.0 now?
No. I don't agree 100%(1). I agree that it *could* be them, but no more than that. And we don't know if it will be 6.0 or 5.99.76 that releases before 6.0. Or 6.0.73 that releases not long after.

(1) And as seen in the binocs, it's Scourge and Kira anyway.

EDIT: It *could* be them, ***and probably is***. Sorry.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.17.2019 , 01:34 PM | #5
I feel I should add that "for 6.0" as a literalist interpretation (that is, exactly on 6.0) implies a relatively long wait (two months give or take a week or so either way) for such a blatant tease. That's why I express some doubt about the "for 6.0" part. "By 6.0" is more reasonable.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
07.17.2019 , 02:13 PM | #6
I tried to look at their weapons but couldn't quite catch a glimpse of them when I did the quest myself.

Their weapons could be Bioware's hint about who they are, but also it might not be. Their weapons changed throughout the class story, and many other returned companions returned with new weapons anyway.

It's also possible their return, if it happens, will have no bearing on Onslaught. It could be this will lead up to another Alliance Alert right before or after the launch of 6.0 that has little to no relevance in the main story.

Ttoilleekul's Avatar


Ttoilleekul
07.17.2019 , 03:16 PM | #7
The weapons are 100% Kira and Scourge's weapons. Easily seen in a screen shot. Only someone who is not a fan of the characters would not see it.. And no, their sabers did NOT change during the class story. No idea where you got that from, so yes it is a dead give away as to their identity. Which is why we can be 100% sure who they are (aside from them being the only companions left of that physical build and gender who haven't returned). So anyone who says it isn't them, or "might not" be them, is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Go back and look at the weapons in the class story, then look at a good resolution screen shot of them on Odessen. Their weapons are both VERY distinctive.

As for when they will return, I accept it could end up being 5.10.98986439876 or it could end up being 6.108038927. But in all likely hood, since no other companion returns have been teased like this, its a good bet they come back as part of 6.0.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
07.17.2019 , 04:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
The weapons are 100% Kira and Scourge's weapons. Easily seen in a screen shot. Only someone who is not a fan of the characters would not see it.. And no, their sabers did NOT change during the class story. No idea where you got that from, so yes it is a dead give away as to their identity. Which is why we can be 100% sure who they are (aside from them being the only companions left of that physical build and gender who haven't returned). So anyone who says it isn't them, or "might not" be them, is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Go back and look at the weapons in the class story, then look at a good resolution screen shot of them on Odessen. Their weapons are both VERY distinctive.

As for when they will return, I accept it could end up being 5.10.98986439876 or it could end up being 6.108038927. But in all likely hood, since no other companion returns have been teased like this, its a good bet they come back as part of 6.0.
I don't know how long you've been playing the game, but when whenever companions used to get updated gear from the missions on each new planet, it wasn't all the same design. Back then the gear companions used actually mattered.

Also when Jaesa and Nadia returned, they didn't have the same lightsabers as when they first started out.

Also the photos is very blurry. Even if it is Kira and Scourge's weapons, it certainly isn't "easily seen."

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.18.2019 , 12:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Easily seen in a screen shot.
I don't know how you got your screen shot, but mine is like Jaesa's memory of that night with the soldier: fuzzy. It's also small enough (even on a 4K screen) that there's no way to determine the weapons.

EDIT: my screenie: https://i.imgur.com/Uyht21Y.jpg
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.18.2019 , 01:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
since no other companion returns have been teased like this
I guess you weren't here for the initial release of KotFE, then. In the initial release, we only had Chapters I to IX (arrival on Odessen), and the tease for Chapter X (Kaliyo) was blatantly blatant. No, it wasn't mysterious observers, but it was teased.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.