Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does jumpring right to Jedi Under Siege effect romanced comapnions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How does jumpring right to Jedi Under Siege effect romanced comapnions?

RameiArashi
07.24.2019 , 10:09 AM | #1
To confirm a romance with a class companion who returns through KOTFE or KOTET story chapters do you have to play those chapters and make the choice to stay in the relationship[ or can you skip to Jedi Under Siege and they will still be in a relationship with you?

The only characters I've skipped to JUS on have been able to rekindle their past romance through alerts. I haven't tried jumping to JUIS on for example Imperial Agent who romanced Kaliyo or a bounty hunter who romanced Torian..

SteveTheCynic
07.24.2019 , 11:12 AM | #2
Chapter-based returns, like all autocompleted romance content, are "the fire is gone", no romance possible.

This affects: (Sorry, substantial spoilers)
Spoiler

All the KotFE chapter return romances are nuked by skipping to the beginning of KotET *or* by skipping to the beginning of JUS, while the others are nuked only if you skip to the beginning of JUS (and follow any other alerts implied).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

RameiArashi
07.24.2019 , 11:35 AM | #3
Figures. I already took agent who romanced temple and sith warrior who romanced vette through the who story line. Was hoppng agent who romanced Kalyo and bounty hunter who romanced Torian could skip all that.

Of course it doesn't really matter unless they are going to add future scenes between player characters and romanced companions but does that seem likely?

SteveTheCynic
07.24.2019 , 12:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
Figures. I already took agent who romanced temple and sith warrior who romanced vette through the who story line. Was hoppng agent who romanced Kalyo and bounty hunter who romanced Torian could skip all that.
Of course the big thing is that if you skip forward, *even if it relaunched the romace for returners*, you'd miss the actual reunion scene, and for Kaliyo, it's several parsecs beyond simply "worth seeing". (And you don't get the "I love you" mails from the end of Chaper II / beginning of Chapter III either...)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.