Doesn't pass the comon sense test

Beratac

On the sniper training skill tree for marksman.. You can put a point to... lowering the cool down of entrenchment AND orbital strike... but you don't get orbital strike until 48. Now why the heck would I want to waste a point on something I don't get to use for 17 levels.... Thats just stupid.

On the sniper training skill tree for marksman.. You can put a point to... lowering the cool down of entrenchment AND orbital strike... but you don't get orbital strike until 48. Now why the heck would I want to waste a point on something I don't get to use for 17 levels.... Thats just stupid.

well you also get to lower the cool down on entrenchment. would you prefer to have to put one point into lowering the entrenchment ability now, and then WAIST a second point to lower the cool down of orbital strike later?

Or just add one point now for both later and have that extra point to put else where.

That's what respecs are for.

If you don't want to put the point in right away, then put it into something else & then when you get to 48 & decide that you'd now rather have that point in the Entrenchment/OS cooldown, you can do that for free assuming you hadn't respecced in a week (I believe).

Edited by Spawn_of_Santa

Because things are balanced around end-game, not the brief period of low-level questing. Having important abilities in low tiers is good for intelligently using your extra 10 points when you've maxed out your chosen tree.

well you also get to lower the cool down on entrenchment. would you prefer to have to put one point into lowering the entrenchment ability now, and then WAIST a second point to lower the cool down of orbital strike later?

Or just add one point now for both later and have that extra point to put else where.

If the skill is offered to be trained.. then the ability should be available to use... I mean 17 lvls later I get to use the ability??? Thats bogus. If I put a point into the cool down of orbital strike.. i should be able to use orbital strike. Thats like training for a job skill and then not being able to use that skill set for seventeen years later... thats just plain dumb

Because things are balanced around end-game, not the brief period of low-level questing. Having important abilities in low tiers is good for intelligently using your extra 10 points when you've maxed out your chosen tree.

Reiteration for willful denseness.

If the skill is offered to be trained.. then the ability should be available to use... I mean 17 lvls later I get to use the ability??? Thats bogus. If I put a point into the cool down of orbital strike.. i should be able to use orbital strike. Thats like training for a job skill and then not being able to use that skill set for seventeen years later... thats just plain dumb

Yeah, it's kinda like going to college, getting a degree and then not getting a job in that field until years later. Welcome to reality.

But what if that job skill is for a fall back job and you get laid off? Doesn't seem so dumb now, does it?

I think this thread failed the common sense test too.

Lowering the entrench cooldown is awesome.. if you are going that high into MM then why wouldn't you take it? The fact that it also lowers Orbital Strike is just added bonus. It's like Sector Ranger. It makes cover pulse knockback an additional 2m and lowers the cast time of Orbital Strike by 1 second. Why complain about an added bonus?