Battle master tokens?

-Vento-

So i have been holding on to a few Battle master tokens to buy a second set i was unsure on what set to go with due to patch 1.2 so i held on to them thinking that after the patch i could just decide whats better. log in today only to find that all these tokens i worked so hard to get are now worthless... :mad:

anyone else? i have to say im almost not suprised at all by this... BioWare and LucasArts thanks again for not thinking of your player base.

So i have been holding on to a few Battle master tokens to buy a second set i was unsure on what set to go with due to patch 1.2 so i held on to them thinking that after the patch i could just decide whats better. log in today only to find that all these tokens i worked so hard to get are now worthless... :mad:

anyone else? i have to say im almost not suprised at all by this... BioWare and LucasArts thanks again for not thinking of your player base.

i'm not surprised players are illiterate

yes i did miss that note as i dont have that much time to read the patch notes and worry about things like this. should have been some type of trade in program not just "hey you're screwed" Edited by -Vento-

They told everyone to spend those comms before 1.2

I guess you missed that note. =/

Telling everyone would be having an in-game messege pop up some time before (and not simply 2 hours or 2 days) reminding people certain commendations will become obsolete and need to be spent. That is why they have a launcher show casing new stuff about the game everytime you start it up: to display news.

Posting things in PTS forums or on the website is not telling everyone.

Granted I didn't get burned by this but I can see OP's point of view.

Yep just been burnt by this too. Had six bm tokens spare as was using pve gear in few slots before the change to the expertise cap. I too missed the notice that these had to be spent pre patch.

With the changes to expertise cap I thought it would be nice to get into full bm only to find my tokens are redundant lol. Oh well, not the end of the world but it would be nice to still have tje option to spend them in tandem with the current system, at least temporarily.

Moral of the story, I need to learn to read.

They said they'd give us plenty of warning before 1.2 went live. They told us it wouldn't be going live on Tuesday. They then gave 48 hours notice during a period when, in Europe at least (not sure about the US) a lot of people are away on vacation. I was intending to spend my tokens when I got back on Friday, anticipating the patch this coming Tuesday (I assumed plenty of warning meant at least 4-5 days.)

So, even those of us who knew we needed to spend them before 1.2 hit didn't necessarily get a chance to because they didn't give much warning about when 1.2 was being deployed. Putting in a vendor to give us a week or so to buy the old gear wouldn't be unjustified in the circumstances. If they'd given us a week's warning of the deployment date there would be no issue, but 2 days is not a long time - especially over the Easter holidays.

(I have full DPS and Healing BM sets so I'm not especially effected, but I'd still like to be able to use my 5 unspent tokens for more than those awful boxes (opened several from champ and cent comms and they have much worse content than I'd expected.)