BRING BACK COVER for scoundrels

GoodShepurd

Please bring back cover system for scoundrels. Hear me out, I know I'm one person and I know the mechanics aspect of why this change was implemented in the first place likely outweighs the aesthetic appeal for the devs and other ppl. But c'mon. It was soooo fun to roll into cover particularly with ranged enemies. It felt like a firefight; it felt heroic. I remember the first time i played SWTOR and ran a Smugg running up to baddies and seeing the lil green silhouette behind a crate and wondering what it was then hitting the training key and watching my avatar tuck and roll into cover and I felt giddier than a school girl; it was just the coolest thing. It made being a ranged class feel so different from rolling a jedi (the first class i played) and It was half the appeal of a smuggler for me. Yes i can still do it gunslinger but i started a scoundrel to utilize stealth game play. I still found cover useful even for the close quarters intentions/encounters the scoundrel was meant for. And not every situation always fits running up to the enemies; and If i wanted that feeling I'd roll a trooper or Bounty hunter for the true 'run-and-gun' vibe. But the Scoundrel felt versatile and that was a great feeling. Please reconsider this mechanic change. :confused:

Please bring back cover system for scoundrels. Hear me out, I know I'm one person and I know the mechanics aspect of why this change was implemented in the first place likely outweighs the aesthetic appeal for the devs and other ppl. But c'mon. It was soooo fun to roll into cover particularly with ranged enemies. It felt like a firefight; it felt heroic. I remember the first time i played SWTOR and ran a Smugg running up to baddies and seeing the lil green silhouette behind a crate and wondering what it was then hitting the training key and watching my avatar tuck and roll into cover and I felt giddier than a school girl; it was just the coolest thing. It made being a ranged class feel so different from rolling a jedi (the first class i played) and It was half the appeal of a smuggler for me. Yes i can still do it gunslinger but i started a scoundrel to utilize stealth game play. I still found cover useful even for the close quarters intentions/encounters the scoundrel was meant for. And not every situation always fits running up to the enemies; and If i wanted that feeling I'd roll a trooper or Bounty hunter for the true 'run-and-gun' vibe. But the Scoundrel felt versatile and that was a great feeling. Please reconsider this mechanic change. :confused:

Reroll a slinger.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Your Kidding. I cant believe EA (the company used to be known to be quality) is cutting corners not recognizing details they once were know for. If options such as cover, take cover, etc. etc. are Not available for certain characters, DO NOT SHOW in options menu. Why TF would any idiot produce a window of click to enable if its not available? That alone wins the award for most lazy, sloppy programing ever. Lets add to the option crouch UNDER movement keybinds? Something seriously wrong with EA now a days. Guarantee if someone with the ability to make a difference is working somewhere else. EA your Fing up. I was your biggest supporter. 1981 you had no competition now it seems you gave up, no longer competitive. Bye Edited by Shreddi
sober

It really doesn't serve any purpose mechanically, other than the quick unstealth.

exactly that is the point... at least imo... all other uses of crouching is unneeded for operative tho..

also id appreciate the return of snipe (and crushing darkness even tho i dont really play my sin) for the combos

• 1 month later...
So...have they removed Cover as a mechanic completely now if so, why?

Just came back after a few months away and I can't appear to select the skill or even use the keybinding anymore, it does nothing as the Operative.

Cover is now purely a sniper mechanic. Snipers don't work without cover.

Operative now has literally 0 abilities that would require cover, so they removed it. And well, even before, when it was available, it wasn't needed for an actual operative rotation, it was just used for agent-wide orbital strike, explosive probe and snipe (all these abilities are now sniper-exclusive).

Edited by Equeliber

• 1 year later...
So...have they removed Cover as a mechanic completely now if so, why?

Just came back after a few months away and I can't appear to select the skill or even use the keybinding anymore, it does nothing as the Operative.

yea :/ still feel the same about it.

• 5 months later...
Scoundrels/Operatives are BEYOND overpowered in PvP. Giving them access to cover would just be overkill, considering their toolbox already has everything in it they could ever want or need.

It’s not like anyone really used it in PvP for actually cover. Mostly to just quickly access the cover bar (since it was different from the normal one).

You could roll to cover or take cover where you stand (like snipers). It enabled skills that were only only usable from cover like snipe, explosive probe, orbital strike. Yes, op healers had these things. It didn't give you interrupt immunity, unlike snipers, but you were immune to leaps, just like snipers.

You could roll to cover or take cover where you stand (like snipers). It enabled skills that were only only usable from cover like snipe, explosive probe, orbital strike. Yes, op healers had these things. It didn't give you interrupt immunity, unlike snipers, but you were immune to leaps, just like snipers.

Oh yeah! we had explosive probe. I forgot about that. Good times :D