Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which is better for PVE DPS right now? Assassin or Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which is better for PVE DPS right now? Assassin or Sorc?

Calabask
06.19.2014 , 10:55 AM | #1
See title.

Vradic
06.21.2014 , 05:33 PM | #2
Depends, which ever one you have the most fun with., that'll be the one for you!

Fotm is sooooo yesterday.

Letsjet
06.27.2014 , 01:01 PM | #3
PVE

If you want to tank, Assassin is the hardest tank to play, but if played correctly, it is usually the best tank for endgame Ops.

If you want to heal, Sorc is your choice.

If you want to DPS, Assassin has just become a viable endgame melee dps. Sorc madness is now a pretty good ranged class WITH mobility.

They just became FOTM's, and not overpowered, so they both are unlikely to change for awhile.
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

mtanios
06.30.2014 , 06:43 AM | #4
I would say Sorc, not because the damage is higher but its just easier to play in flashpoints. Range dps is just a bit easier to play in my opinion. In Boss fights with big AOE damage as a Sorc you can stay at max range and keep dotting, you also have a much better overview of the fight (that's just my experience) A melee has to keep running around and sometimes out of range of most of his damage abilities.

eskimo_brother
06.30.2014 , 09:43 AM | #5
I play both, both are great. I would say that assassin is more mobile than a sorc though. Sorc is dependent on casting force lightning to obtain wrath which means that they have to be standing still, an assassin can proc wrath while running around.

xX-Archangel-Xx
06.30.2014 , 11:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Calabask View Post
See title.
i'd say sorc, because he has 2 viable dps trees and sins dont. Also lightning is really funny to play and cool to watch.
< Bioware plz Nerf Mercs > Guild
TRE server
Game is balanced http://prntscr.com/962p0t /// http://prntscr.com/962mjr

FinalArbiter
07.03.2014 , 09:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xX-Archangel-Xx View Post
i'd say sorc, because he has 2 viable dps trees and sins dont. Also lightning is really funny to play and cool to watch.
Both deception and madness are "viable dps trees"....