Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Covered Escape: Over Powered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Covered Escape: Over Powered

FrumpytheClown
04.16.2013 , 07:46 PM | #1
How is it someone can use this ability OVER AND OVER again and move faster than ANYONE else on the battlefield? Is there no cool down for it? It is being exploited? One a minute maybe, give it 2 to match the Fore Barrier, but how does it make sense that this ability lets them move faster than characters that use the Force?
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

Doyletdude
04.17.2013 , 09:18 AM | #2
Covered Escape has a 20 second cooldown.
Maybe you are referring to exfiltrate. It uses a ton of energy and if someone is spamming it, hey have to blow their adrenaline probe, and if they spam it after that, than they can't really use any abilities.
Also I saw you posted the same question in Smuggler forums for the sharpshooter roll....
are you trolling?

islander
04.17.2013 , 11:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Doyletdude View Post
Covered Escape has a 20 second cooldown.
Maybe you are referring to exfiltrate. It uses a ton of energy and if someone is spamming it, hey have to blow their adrenaline probe, and if they spam it after that, than they can't really use any abilities.
Also I saw you posted the same question in Smuggler forums for the sharpshooter roll....
are you trolling?
pretty sure he's just mistaken, and not trolling.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Cary
04.19.2013 , 05:52 AM | #4
Overpowered? lol its about time we had an ability to escape melee range.
AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120 @ 4GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 670 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1800MHz | Asus Crosshair V 990FX | Samsung 22" LED HDMI @ 1920x1080 | Antec 1200 Gaming Case | Corsair Professional Gold AX1200 PSU

islander
04.19.2013 , 07:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary View Post
Overpowered? lol its about time we had an ability to escape melee range.
That's what you have all those stuns for, honestly.

You are absolutely OP in Huttball, but that's as far as I'd go with that. I have a feeling they'll be taking both of our abilities to roll with the huttball eventually
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Elegances
04.19.2013 , 07:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
That's what you have all those stuns for, honestly.

You are absolutely OP in Huttball, but that's as far as I'd go with that. I have a feeling they'll be taking both of our abilities to roll with the huttball eventually
They should just disable all movespeed/movement skills while holding the huttball then.
No more leaping, I could live with that.

Twickers
04.20.2013 , 08:28 PM | #7
Guys ignore this idiot, he was just posting the same idiotic stuff in the smuggler forums.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Zac_Geffen
07.01.2014 , 08:07 PM | #8
And they should take the ability to roll with the ball away from op and scoundrals. every one elses combat break looses the ball.

Ridickilis
07.02.2014 , 06:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zac_Geffen View Post
And they should take the ability to roll with the ball away from op and scoundrals. every one elses combat break looses the ball.
It's not a combat break, whatever that's supposed to mean. We lose the ball when we stealth just like the other classes with stealth (assassins/shadows and Sent/Marauder camo). Roll is a GAP closer, it doesn't remove anyone from combat nor does it grant stealth. It's no different from that same Marauder using leap with the ball or inquisitors using force speed with the ball.

DieGhostDie
07.02.2014 , 01:21 PM | #10
You guys are necroing a year old thread. Just let this die.
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ