Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is Blizz?

Tieffenbrucker
03.01.2012 , 06:39 PM | #1
I'm a PT on Hoth right now and I met Blizz. Don't have him as a companion yet, but he's hilarious and I'd love to have that little bugger around.

I just maxed Mako's affection, and want some DPS instead. I'm using Gault, and he's really strong, I just find myself having to rest more between fights without Mako's heals.

How is Blizz as an active companion? Is he DPS or heals? Squishy? What conversations does he like? I'd love to use him, but I need to make sure he's viable.

Any input is appreciated.
Brahms' Variations are better than mine, but mine were written before his.

-Franz Liszt

Kanshan
03.01.2012 , 06:43 PM | #2
He tanks, with a rocket launcher.
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Crimestick
03.01.2012 , 06:47 PM | #3
I was a mercenary healer from level 1. when i got Blizz (a tank companion) i was like "Bout time, jeez!" I loved that little tank and never went anywhere without him. after i had blizz as my companion, i found it easy to solo champions and i never died in solo questing ever again. True story.

it also helps that most of the BH companions use Aim as a primary stat (including Blizz) and can be easily outfitted with your hand me downs.
"You said it Crimestick. Those two were a couple of ding-a-lings."
-Mr. Show with Bob and David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPXymJEldE

Tieffenbrucker
03.01.2012 , 06:53 PM | #4
I'm a ST spec, I wonder if he'd be helpful for me.
Brahms' Variations are better than mine, but mine were written before his.

-Franz Liszt

Kreto
03.01.2012 , 07:32 PM | #5
Blizz is pretty good if your a heal spec mercenary, but if your a poerwtech your better off using gault or mako

Strifegambit
03.01.2012 , 08:05 PM | #6
i lvl'd 1-50 as a healing merc.
As much as i hate Torian he is the leader for dps in the mercs companions i believe, gualt is probably equal, just up to you if u prefer melee or ranged companion.
I used blizz for quite some time also as a tank but the tank companions dont have enough armor/dps output to really kill anything/groups, i have found

Blizz is along the light side options also mate, so if your a baddie he wont like you much.
He can tank or DPS
What we do in life... Echoes in Eternity

JohnnyAmerica
03.01.2012 , 08:08 PM | #7
As a Shieldtech I found him to be completely useless. He is funny though. Him and Skadge are both there for non-tanks.

Cernow
03.01.2012 , 08:27 PM | #8
Well I levelled a shield Powertech to 50 and I used Blizz as much as I could during the journey. There are certain bosses where the only way past them is with Mako's heals. But apart from that, Blizz is entirely viable. But he isn't necessarily optimal. So it depends what you want from the game .....

If you are mostly interested in ease of levelling, with minimum downtime and minimum risk then forget Blizz. When you twin tank stuff with Blizz you'll incur damage and need to heal between fights. You'll kill quicker with Blizz, but get hurt. With Mako there will be little downtime and of course no risks.

But if you are interested in fun, giggles, living on the edge a bit and don't care about a bit of extra downtime and risk, choose Blizz. He's hilarious and a complete joy to fight alongside. He's light sided though, so if you're heavily into dark side stuff you might want to shield his eyes at key moments and summon up Gault or Skadge for the gruesome stuff. My PT is light sided, so Blizz gained affection extremely fast (and I mean extremely).

So it all depends if levelling speed or fun are your priority.

Whatever you decide, there's no getting away from the fact that for certain boss fights Mako is the only viable companion. Sadly tanks in this game take too much of a beating without heals, guess they didn't want anyone feeling too heroic.

03.02.2012 , 08:41 AM | #9
Blizz is the Tebow of the BH companions...sincere, unintentionally funny, but ultimately ineffectual and useless.

For healers and DPS people I strongly recommend gearing up Torian. With a good techstaff and some T1/2 gear he will absolutely destroy stuff. Skadge and Blizz kill far too slowly to be useful.

JohnnyAmerica
03.02.2012 , 09:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AvatarX View Post
Blizz is the Tebow of the BH companions...sincere, unintentionally funny, but ultimately ineffectual and useless.

For healers and DPS people I strongly recommend gearing up Torian. With a good techstaff and some T1/2 gear he will absolutely destroy stuff. Skadge and Blizz kill far too slowly to be useful.
That Tebow comparison was amazing! Uh-Maze-Ing! haha