Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Affection

Magdala
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #1
Does companion affection really matter at all?

Should I care or spend time/credits to upgrade?

Lavath
01.11.2012 , 06:01 PM | #2
You "unlock" new abilities for your companion with higher affection. Also, and probably most notably, you get a better chance of success with crew missions and it requires less time with crafting items.

If you just picked up three gathering skills, and you are planning on not using a companion (because you pvp all the time or you run groups/ops where its a moot point) then no, it wouldn't matter to you. Otherwise, I'd say you'd get some benefit out of it.

MandelynRain
01.11.2012 , 07:52 PM | #3
You also get unique missions from them

SySnootles
01.12.2012 , 06:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MandelynRain View Post
You also get unique missions from them
You only get unique missions from your first companion, in the sorceres case... Khem. All others are devoid of any kind of quests.

Psylas
01.17.2012 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
You only get unique missions from your first companion, in the sorceres case... Khem. All others are devoid of any kind of quests.
That's not true, at least not for the consular (the only thing I've played far enough to get additional companions). I've had several conversations with Tharan, and at least one with Zenith and Felix.

I don't craft at all so I don't care much for whether or not my companions like me. That said, if you're really worried about it you can always dismiss them before a conversation that you know will piss them off. Just hit escape, dismiss and start over.

Torilund
06.26.2014 , 09:20 AM | #6
Conversations =/= missions

A mission is an assignment to go somewhere and do something for fun and profit. A conversation is just hanging around talking and may or may not get you rep with that companion depending on how you play it.

emeraldon
06.30.2014 , 02:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
Hm. That's not right is it? IIRC as a Sentinel you get the droid before Kira, but Kira also gives you missions?
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus