Possible Casting Breakdown for EpVII

TheBBP

Article is HERE>

Summary:

[YOUNG MAN] Early 20s. Not classically handsome. He is witty and smart. Physically fit.[MAN] Late 20s. Physically fit, handsome and confident.

[YOUNG WOMAN] Late teens. Physically fit, independent and with a great sense of humor.

[YOUNG WOMAN #2] Late teens. Tough, smart, physically fit.

[MAN - 40S] Physically fit, military type.

[MAN - 30ISH] An intellectual.

[MAN - 65-75] Tough and opinionated.

Now... SPECULATE!

I think the eldest is Han Solo, but I can't say for sure about the rest of them. Need to think some more.

I am going to gather that they don't need to send out a casting request for Han Solo. That base is one of three large roles covered. ;)

I'd say these are all new characters completely removed from the EU or the OT and the old characters from OT will make a cameo, if anything at all.

That's my speculation.

I think that it will be a bit more than a cameo, but the movie will not focus on them. This is their torch-passing and send-off.

This bit of text comes from an author (not me) in another forum. But it explains things in better terms than I have been able to muster.

"Lucasfilm is NOT adapting EU storylines for Episode VII. Period.

I believe both of the Erics on Forcecast, as well as Jason & JimmyMac from RFR stated this last week, but to paraphrase: You don't spend $4 billion for a franchise and get an Oscar-winning writer, a multi-Emmy winning director/producer/writer, and one of the most powerful people in Hollywood (KK) to make a film version of Legacy of the Force (or whatever). That would be handcuffing them. Lucas rough outlines are their only guide, after that they should have the freedom to create their own story.

Disney/Lucasfilm are going to try an grab the largest audience possible for these films, as they should. Of the millions of people who will see this film, probably half would consider themselves Star Wars fans. The other half would be spouses, girl/boyfriends, kids under 10 who don't know any EU, Trek fans who liked what JJ did, etc. As we all know, of the people who say they are "fans", only about 1 in 10 are die-hard to the point where they have read most/some of the EU and are posting on boards like TFN Forums (probably less). We also know that a big portion people on these boards don't even like the EU. You can't expect them to cater to the wishes of less than 5% of the audience.

Star Wars is a unique franchise, because unlike comic book franchises, and novel-based franchises like Potter/Twilight/Hunger Games (who still make a sh**-ton of $$$), Star Wars is supposed a film experience. Star Wars isn't a shag to pre-existing characters or plot-points (besides Ep. I-VI) . They don't have to worry about "OMG but in the comics Jonathan Kent died of a heart attack! WAAAAh!"."

^ The fact that there aren't so many people who like EU doesn't mean those people should be happy being slapped to face.

It's not a slap in the face. They will always put out books and comics. It's just that what has come before will become an alternate universe.

It's not a slap in the face. They will always put out books and comics. It's just that what has come before will become an alternate universe.

There will be some books or comics, but it's not the same. The characters won't be the same, possibly also the relationships between different characters won't be the same. I feel especially bad for people who's favourite character's existance is in danger to be wiped away.

:o Because I like attractive people.....

I really don't want another Luke. Ugh.

However, I was thinking, and if he's not "classically" handsome... could he be an alien?

Sorry. I thought your reasoning might be something other than you being a very shallow individual.

Carry on!

There will be some books or comics, but it's not the same. The characters won't be the same, possibly also the relationships between different characters won't be the same. I feel especially bad for people who's favourite character's existance is in danger to be wiped away.

Fans have known for years that the EU and the movies are separate.

Ouch. That was uncalled for.

Like you don't prefer actors to be good looking. :rolleyes:

I prefer actors who can play the role. I'm not looking for a soap opera with a cast of models.

I am sorry that it bites a little, but just because you were truthful with your words doesn't mean that it wasn't a shallow thing to say.

Fans have known for years that the EU and the movies are separate.

They are separate, but they (for not at least) haven't really stepped on each other's toes. They haven't been alternative universes or anything like that, just one, ongoing story. And this "new version" of past RotJ universe will most likely be considered more canon than the old one, and I wouldn't be surprised if authors weren't allowed to write to the "old universe" anymore.

I prefer actors who can play the role. I'm not looking for a soap opera with a cast of models.

Well yeah, sure. I just found it strange that it would explicitly state that he's not good looking. Like, as one of the main points about the character.

I still think he's an alien. Which would be cool.

Well yeah, sure. I just found it strange that it would explicitly state that he's not good looking. Like, as one of the main points about the character.

I still think he's an alien. Which would be cool.

If he was an alien, they might be seeking specific features. Like a thick brow or big chin. Muscled or thick or thin build. I dunno. You could be right.

Edited by TheBBP