Sith Lightsaber Creed

TalonVII

Disclaimer: This creed is based off of two things, the USMC Rifleman's creed and the Jedi's Lightsaber creed in another thread. I hope it makes you smile and you enjoy!

This is my saber! There are many like it, but this one I created and dominated.

My saber is my reflection in the force. It is my wrath against all who stand against me. I will dominate it as I must dominate all who stand before me.

My saber, without me, is useless. Without my saber, I am diminished. I must swing my saber true. I must swing straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I will strike him down with all of my hatred infused in my saber. I will...

My saber and I know that what counts in this war is not the strikes we swing, the blaster bolts we deflect back against those who cannot wield the force, nor the limbs we dismemeber. We know that it is the kills that count. We will kill...

My saber is human, even as I, because it is they symbol of my dominance. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its emitter. I will keep my saber clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other and destroy our enemies. We will...

Before the universe, I swear this creed. My saber and I are the destroyers of the weak and helpless. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is the Mine and there is no enemy that can stand before me! AMEN!

Don't like it, don't read it. Again DISCLAIMER!!! I swear reading comprehension in the Corps must have gone in the toilet after I got out.

You don't need to get bent hard charger. You are the one butchering it and calling it creativity. Show some pride.

I was in 01-08. Busted knee and happened to get on the crap list of the Senior Enlisted where I was last stationed because he thought I was gold bricking.

Well, evidently reading comprehension has gotten better since I have been in. I got out in '95.

This argument is my fault. I thought the use of the word "blasphemy" would tip my hat. It is hard to convey tone in the typed word at times on the net. This is one of those times. I often go all roleplay with an anti-imperial stance on the forums. I like to say outlandish and blindly-patriotic things. Even more so if my signature and avatar relate to one of my Trooper main characters.

I did not mean anything as a personal attack.

This is my saber! There are many like it, but this one I created and dominated.

My saber is my reflection in the force. It is my wrath against all who stand against me. I will dominate it as I must dominate all who stand before me.

My saber, without me, is useless. Without my saber, I am diminished. I must swing my saber true. I must swing straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I will strike him down with all of my hatred infused in my saber. I will...

My saber and I know that what counts in this war is not the strikes we swing, the blaster bolts we deflect back against those who cannot wield the force, nor the limbs we dismemeber. We know that it is the kills that count. We will kill...

My saber is human, even as I, because it is they symbol of my dominance. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its emitter. I will keep my saber clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other and destroy our enemies. We will...

Before the universe, I swear this creed. My saber and I are the destroyers of the weak and helpless. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is the Mine and there is no enemy that can stand before me! AMEN!

Okay, this creed shows a distinct lack of understanding and appreciation for the art of Swordsmanship (of which Lightsaber Combat is a sub-school of). I have not had the opportunity to look at the Creed for Jedi Lightsabers that you mentioned, but plan to go do that shortly.

For reference, there is a code of ethics attached to a very ancient form of Swordsmanship from which the code of the Jedi is drawn. It is known as Bushido. It includes the following 8 Virtues:

1. Rectitude / Justice

2. Courage

3. Benevolence / Mercy

4. Politeness

5. Honesty and Sincerity (both tracked together)

6. Honor

7. Loyalty

8. Character and Self-Control

The Sith Code is an inversion of the Jedi Code and as such it draws upon the inversion of Bushido as well. But now on to deconstructing your so called creed:

First off, each Lightsaber is a unique construction. If you understood anything about Crystal Formation you would understand that no two focusing crystals could ever possibly be the same (even the artificially constructed focusing crystals). It is just impossible to grow two crystals so that they are identical in every regard. Thus it is also unfair to say that there are many similar lightsabers to any given lightsaber as no two lightsabers are alike. In fact the hilt design for each lightsaber is often just as unique as the crystals at their core.

Why would you say that the Lightsaber is a persons reflection in the force? If anything the person is the Lightsabers reflection in the force. The Lightsaber has no force potential in and of itself. It can be attuned to the force using a special crystal yes, but it can't use force powers the way a Jedi or Sith can. So really why is it the reflection of a given Sith or Jedi in the Force?

Also, have you ever watched a Swordsman fight? You do not swing a sword in a straight line. You swing it in Arcs. And sometimes you even weave it in intricate patterns. Swinging a sword in a straight line in a sword fight is a sure fire way to get yourself hit by an enemy or to have your swords blade dodged or blocked. Straight lines are predictable and easy to avoid. Even a Sith should understand this basic concept.

I know that the dark side of the force is fueled by anger. But... and this is a big BUT. A swordsman who lets themself lose control while fighting and who swings in anger, will lose.every.fight.before.it.starts! This is because if you swing in anger you have no control over where you are directing the blade. You need to be able to control the blade to ensure that it hits its mark. This is why Count Dooku was a way better duelist than Anakin Skywalker. Count Dooku never let his control waver because he was angry. Anakin wouldn't have lasted two seconds in a duel with Yoda.

Also, you might want to do your homework before you start having Sith saying Amen. Amen comes from the Semitic Root words Aleph-mem-nun which basically translates into english as any of the following words: "firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe." and it is a direct reference to the Semitic Faiths of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. It would not be something a Sith would ever utter in his entire life.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Wow...guy above me, it was supposed to make you laugh. If I wanted an English college level dissertation, I would of put more thought into it.

If you completely missed it, it's a spin off more of the Rifleman's creed. IT'S A SATIRE! Supposed to BE FUNNY and for some laughs.

Good grief. But lets go section by section eh?

First off, each Lightsaber is a unique construction. If you understood anything about Crystal Formation you would understand that no two focusing crystals could ever possibly be the same (even the artificially constructed focusing crystals). It is just impossible to grow two crystals so that they are identical in every regard. Thus it is also unfair to say that there are many similar lightsabers to any given lightsaber as no two lightsabers are alike. In fact the hilt design for each lightsaber is often just as unique as the crystals at their core.

Did you not read the first line? "There are many like it but this one i created and dominated. "I never said they were the exact same, thankyou for putting words in my mouth.

Why would you say that the Lightsaber is a persons reflection in the force? If anything the person is the Lightsabers reflection in the force. The Lightsaber has no force potential in and of itself. It can be attuned to the force using a special crystal yes, but it can't use force powers the way a Jedi or Sith can. So really why is it the reflection of a given Sith or Jedi in the Force?

Actually when one creates a lightsaber, they USE THE FORCE TO DO IT. So infact it could be construed that the lightsaber is indeed a reflection of them in the force.

Also, have you ever watched a Swordsman fight? You do not swing a sword in a straight line. You swing it in Arcs. And sometimes you even weave it in intricate patterns. Swinging a sword in a straight line in a sword fight is a sure fire way to get yourself hit by an enemy or to have your swords blade dodged or blocked. Straight lines are predictable and easy to avoid. Even a Sith should understand this basic concept.

By the force. You are reading WAY too much into words. I was trying to fit it into the rolling verses fo the rifleman's creed. Stop trying to break it down college style. They are simple words to keep in a chant. No kididng I have watched a sword fight, hell I've done a few mock ones.

I know that the dark side of the force is fueled by anger. But... and this is a big BUT. A swordsman who lets themself lose control while fighting and who swings in anger, will lose.every.fight.before.it.starts! This is because if you swing in anger you have no control over where you are directing the blade. You need to be able to control the blade to ensure that it hits its mark. This is why Count Dooku was a way better duelist than Anakin Skywalker. Count Dooku never let his control waver because he was angry. Anakin wouldn't have lasted two seconds in a duel with Yoda.

Oh really? What about Malgus, you know the Sith in the opening movies? Guy is always angry, he just focuses it. Again reading WAY too much into this.

Also, you might want to do your homework before you start having Sith saying Amen. Amen comes from the Semitic Root words Aleph-mem-nun which basically translates into english as any of the following words: "firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe." and it is a direct reference to the Semitic Faiths of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. It would not be something a Sith would ever utter in his entire life.

Hey again Rifleman's creed. I was merely modifying it some. Got a better word, all for it.

Edited by TalonVII