[FPs]Story Mode and Veteran Queue

Hey guys, came back to ToR after a few years and I have noticed that everytime I get to the story point of a flashpoint and receive the [story] mission for it, it then disappears from the veteran queue pool, was it always like this ? I could swear I'd do the flashpoints quests while in a queue, not sure if I'm just remembering it wrong

It's more or less normal, and quite reasonable. Why? Well, you aren't allowed to have two difficulties of the same FP's "Do this FP" mission open at the same time, and when the VM queue pops (MM is the same), you'll be forcibly given the [VETERAN] (or [MASTER]) version for the FP that popped. The GF system therefore disables the FP from GF for as long as you have the [sTORY] (or, in the case of the three Traitor Arc FPs, [sOLO](1)) version active.

(1) [sOLO] is for people who are running through the story, and [sTORY] is for people who are playing solo.(2)

(2) I'm not joking.

It's more or less normal, and quite reasonable. Why? Well, you aren't allowed to have two difficulties of the same FP's "Do this FP" mission open at the same time, and when the VM queue pops (MM is the same), you'll be forcibly given the [VETERAN] (or [MASTER]) version for the FP that popped. The GF system therefore disables the FP from GF for as long as you have the [sTORY] (or, in the case of the three Traitor Arc FPs, [sOLO](1)) version active.

(1) [sOLO] is for people who are running through the story, and [sTORY] is for people who are playing solo.(2)

(2) I'm not joking.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

So it's not possible to use the GF to advance story missions that involves FPs pretty much ?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing these FPs alone for no reason haha

Hey, thanks for the reply!

So it's not possible to use the GF to advance story missions that involves FPs pretty much ?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing these FPs alone for no reason haha

Sorry about the delay.

GF can (if you pop the one you want) advance the story of the "Forged Alliances" FPs (aka Prelude to Revan, the FPs being Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime) because those FPs don't have [sOLO] mode, although it isn't *necessary*(1) because they *do* have the God Bot / Jesus Droid to help you out in [sTORY] mode.

For the "Traitor Arc" FPs, *only* [sOLO] advances the story(2), so you're right, GF cannot advance them.

But ultimately, the reason they are disabled in GF is because you have an open "Do this FP in mode X" for a different mode. The same would be true if you have them open for Master Mode and try to queue for Veteran Mode GF.

(1) That's not a reason to avoid queuing in GF for them, just that you don't *have* to do GF if you want help (other than your existing companion).

(2) In other modes, the cinematics are either deleted or replaced by ones in which you see a masked figure instead of the actual traitor, as a form of spoiler-prevention.

Sorry about the delay.

GF can (if you pop the one you want) advance the story of the "Forged Alliances" FPs (aka Prelude to Revan, the FPs being Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime) because those FPs don't have [sOLO] mode, although it isn't *necessary*(1) because they *do* have the God Bot / Jesus Droid to help you out in [sTORY] mode.

For the "Traitor Arc" FPs, *only* [sOLO] advances the story(2), so you're right, GF cannot advance them.

But ultimately, the reason they are disabled in GF is because you have an open "Do this FP in mode X" for a different mode. The same would be true if you have them open for Master Mode and try to queue for Veteran Mode GF.

(1) That's not a reason to avoid queuing in GF for them, just that you don't *have* to do GF if you want help (other than your existing companion).

(2) In other modes, the cinematics are either deleted or replaced by ones in which you see a masked figure instead of the actual traitor, as a form of spoiler-prevention.

No problem, thanks for all the help! :w_cool: