Hamstring! and other 1.2 stuff

TehMerc

The assault spec is getting a slight nerf as ionic accelerator has a 6 second internal cooldown. They didn't give the exact numbers for what they were changing the percentages to, but it will still hurt our dps a little. Edited by Omegix

Huge buff to IF builds with riot strike no longer costing ammo.

That's basically +1 ammo every 6 seconds when I'm attacking healers.

Carolina Parakeet build is dead as HiB refresh requires plasma cell.

Tactics buff with a snare on gut. Might make a full tactics build more playable.

Assault is losing it's insane RNG burst (6s CD hurts) while gaining (I assume) a more controllable proc rate.

Huge buff to IF builds with riot strike no longer costing ammo.

That's basically +1 ammo every 6 seconds when I'm attacking healers.

Oh mang, I totally missed that note, killing healers or force lightning spammers (most sorcs) will be a bit more nice!

Hopefully the vanguard stuff doesn't change for the worse now :3

So, they're trying to make Tactics viable by nerfing Assault? ;)

I like hamstring, but it should be 9 seconds - a good idea nevertheless though.

But I wish they changed Assault a bit more - e.g. changing gut's damage to not be a joke - serrated blades is a horrible, horrible waste of 3 points...

Also, fire pulse doesn't really have that "31 point ability" feel, at least imho.

Still, here's hoping they will further improve Tactics.

So, they're trying to make Tactics viable by nerfing Assault? ;)

I like hamstring, but it should be 9 seconds - a good idea nevertheless though.

But I wish they changed Assault a bit more - e.g. changing gut's damage to not be a joke - serrated blades is a horrible, horrible waste of 3 points...

Also, fire pulse doesn't really have that "31 point ability" feel, at least imho.

Still, here's hoping they will further improve Tactics.

I'd say 10% increase on fire pulse would do the trick, And Gut was nerfed pre launch in beta for being too strong. Maybe keep the initial hit where it is and buff the DoT a bit.

Here's what I think they should still change about Tactics :

1) Increase the hamstring's snare to at least 9 seconds - it seems a big waste to use a 15 second DoT attack to apply a 6 second snare. It's really counterproductive to be forced to spam a DoT.

2) Somewhat related to the previous point - Change serrated blades so that i'd increase the Gut's instant damage portion by 10% per point (instead of barely increasing the DoT).

3) Combat tactics - that one's a bit bizzare. We're not really using HiB that much and even if we do, a guaranteed crit won't do wonders to our DPS. Would be nice to have something that'd synergize well with the tree instead.

Tactics' damage seems to be designed around frequent use of Pulse Cannon. In PvP that just doesn't work with the current toolset and it won't work after adding a single target snare either.

They'll have to either modify the skill so that it's actually useful outside of a very narrow range of very specific situations ( read: enemies piling up in front of a door on the Voidstar ) or rethink the entire tree.

Edited by Blurps